main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Changes you have enjoyed

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Game3525, Aug 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    What are some changes TCW have made to the Clone Wars era that you have enjoyed? For me, it has too be moveing Skywalker's knighting to the first year of the war.

2. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    Just the simple fact that they are fleshing out a huge portion of the SW universe...ever since I watched ANH and Obi-Wan mentioned the CW I wanted to see them on screen...any screen.:p

3. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Quite a few for me, I'd have to say.

-Oddly enough, Astromechs having unique sounds and voices, so to speak. Arsix and GOldie both sounded different from Artoo, though I hope they don't go overboard. Just another way to flesh them out
    -Clones as being more casual, or at least capable of being casual. It adds to the humour and character development!
    -Background Jedi getting fleshed out from voiceless roles, so to speak. :p
    -Also, Plo Koon, from what I've read, seems to go from no-rehab-for-crooks to being very pro-life. That's not to say the two can't coexist, but I really hope they phase him out of being so severe and save it for when he's really ticked off. I'm loving the take that he's one of those uncommon Jedi Masters that cares very much for the clones that he almost views as 'learners' like Yoda. :D
    -Believe it or not, battle droid humour. Overusing it is one thing, but balancing it with the cold murderous aspect really helps to enhance my enjoyment of the series.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    koonfan - I'd say about half of those aren't changes to established continuity per se, but simply more information.

E.g., the portrayal of the background Jedi. ;)

Then there's the argument that DBrennan started (which began as a legitimate argument) that the clones were changed from what we saw in AOTC/ROTS, rather than simply giving more information.

The one major change I've enjoyed, other than seeing the clones as more human, is seeing a more heroic and mature Anakin. IMHO.

5. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    I agree, This is the Skywalker I always imagined prior to seeing the PT. I thought the EU, and the PT didn't do a good job showing this Anakin.(Besides the beginning of ROTS). I have also enjoyed how the TCW has brought back the swashbuckling fun of the OT, something the EU and the PT(understandable) doesn't have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.