main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Changes you'd like to see in KOTOR 2

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Darth-Horax, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Horax

Darth-Horax Force Ghost star 6

Aug 22, 2001
    Personally, I'd like to be able to choose my type of person, not just human, but to be able to choose Rodian, Ithorian, Gand, etc...then play the game as one of those.

Maybe an Iridonian?

What other changes would you like to see?

2. Lord-Zekk

Lord-Zekk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2003
    More freedom to explore and larger worlds a la Baldurs Gate 2. I'd also like to see better skills in the game, many of the ones in the first are useless.

3. the-JEDI-are-NO-more

the-JEDI-are-NO-more Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2002
  4. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Heh, heh, i think the Selkath have had their run in the KOTOR storyline as well. I'd like to see some new planets that have been mentioned in the books but have never been spotted in any of the films or video games, not to mention some new species. Also, i'd like to see another dramatic plot twist like the one of KOTOR1. Not the same, but something just as dramatic.

5. CieSharp

CieSharp Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2002
    I would like to see a multiplayer feature, ala Neverwinter Nights.

6. bliv

bliv Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2002
    The game to be 10 times longer like Baldurs Gate 2.

7. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I'd like to see the lightsaber styles and moves and the acrobatic moves from JO and JA incorporated in KOTOR2.

8. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    How about a game like that for each star wars movie.

You could play as any of the main people in each movie!

9. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    Though KOTOR was a very deep and emotional quest, it was also very personal. A handful of characters set off on a quest amidst a war to seek the key to its success in the Republic's favor. I'm not complaining. I love the game. It's the best I've ever played, IMHO. But for the sequal, I'd like the storyline to have a different feel.

Rather than a more personal quest, I'd like for this story make the player feel immersed in a grand epic journey. There would be an ultimate goal, but how you got there would be less linear than in KOTOR. No, it didnt' really matter which order you went to the worlds (and there was a lot to explore on each), but the storyline is still somewhat straightforward. I'd like KOTOR2 to blend the RPG genre with mission based games (sort of like Colony Wars or Wing Commander).

While your ultimate goal in KOTOR had galaxy-wide consequences, the individual elements were (forgive me for being redundant) more personal. I'd like each mission to potentially have the same scale outcomes. In short, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you'd be more involved in the war. I'm not sure how this would work (or even if I'm explaining myself well :p), but I think the developers could pull it off.

Character-wise, I'd want it to be kind of like Final Fantasy VI. That game managed to pull off something rather difficult. It took a relatively large cast of playable characters and truly made you care about each and everyone of them. Even better, each one had a personal storyline flawlessly incorporated into the game without being exhaustive.

Bioware/Lucasarts did this extremely well with nine characters (with T3 being a possible exception, but I don't think it was meant to be). I'm confident they could do this with an expanded cast of playable characters. Also like FF6, I'd like to see that, while your player is a central figure, he/she is not quite as integral to the story as Revan. This would also help to give it a more epic feel.

---------------

Also, and I know this is sort of trivial, I'd like to see the special armor and equipment look noticeably different from the standard fare. For example, Bioware could include Ulic Qel-Droma's (my favorite EU comic character) Jedi Robes or Exar Kun's Lightsaber and have them look just like they did on the page.

Sorry about the long post. :p

»Who dares wins«

10. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    What I would like to see is the design team thinking outside of the box. Such as not limiting the amount of companions in your party at any given time or allow your companions to die. Just things that other games don't allow you to do.

Also I want the whole thing to be a lot more open ended allowing me to go anywhere I want and kill anyone I want. I've always thought that they should make the levels look like they would if the levels were real.

Above all I don't want it to be KOTOR 2, I want it to be another KOTOR. What I mean is that I don't want to revisit the KOTOR universe, I want to discover it all over again.

11. DarthXan318

DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 12, 2002
    Basically, I agree with Eva_Pilot04 on this issue. Though I liked being the central character in the game ... that way it really feels like what you do has a very real impact on the story, because you literally have the fate of the galaxy at your fingertips.

Also, for the PC version (assuming they do the XBox/PC releases again) there needs to be a drag-and-drop for the inventory.

12. Mara

Mara Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 1999
    I wouldn't mind a longer game. :) I mostly liked the rest of it. The characters and plot in general were great.

13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Custom hilts like in JA, and even more open gameplay a la Morrowind.

14. Rabid__Wolverine2004

Rabid__Wolverine2004 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2004
    no more mannan please.

korriban should be in this.

the same for tattooine.

kasssyyk is awsome.

the ebon hawk shoiuld stay.

same with the original charachters.

15. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    I think a little more balance would be nice. What I mean is that in KOTOR, some player choices made various areas of the game more difficult. Staying neutral in the force isn't nearly as beneficial as having a definite alignment - I'd like to see more balance for neutral players. Also, I'd like persuasive skills available to other party members, so that combat classes don't miss out so much on that area of the game. There needs to be a say to make one-on-one combat confrontations easier for scoundrels - some battles were very, very difficult for my scoundrel character.

Also, this is a minor issue, but I'd like to see a better variety of characters in your party. There were only a couple dark side characters, and not any dark side Jedi, not counting the player. When playing a light side player, some of the dark side items were of no use to me.

It might be interesting to be able to have an affect on your party member's alignment - for instance, if you don't resolve things with Juhani, she could join your party as a dark (or neutral) Jedi.

Just some thoughts.

16. USTommie

USTommie Jedi Master star 2

Sep 12, 2002
    I would like the opportunity to personalize both the character you choose to play (like in the Sims) and the lightsaber they construct. I also would like the chance to say even more outrageous things to the NPC's in the game - if you want the character to turn to the dark side, let's get some SW style insults in there!! I would laugh so hard if you could start berating someone mercilessly until they run away crying (ala Sims again). Taking the light side can be so bland and by-the-book that they should go even farther with the dark side choices.
    New races for KOTOR2 would be nice - but I don't want to see any of the old characters (outside of them being NPCs). Having said that, bring back Carth so you can finally kill him (or not, depending on your decision). I know many people hated him, so give us a chance to make a lightsaber shish kabob with him.

*It may look like it, but I didn't like The Sims. I just liked the chance to be a complete jerk to everyone. And build a fence around a character to kill them*

17. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Personally, I'd like to be able to choose my type of person, not just human, but to be able to choose Rodian, Ithorian, Gand, etc...then play the game as one of those.

yeah, that would be awesome! Also less glitches please! I had to erase my whole game, and I had almost beat it...needless to say I haven't played since...it's just so sad that I have to do all that over.

Forcebewitya!

18. Darth_Gehenna

Darth_Gehenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 2, 2001
    I don't want to go back to any of the worlds from the first game, I want an all new batch of worlds.

Less/no bugs.

Keep HK-47, T3-M4 and the Ebon Hawk.

I also wouldn't mind another Mandalorian for my party.

Also personally, I think there should only be one definate ending to the first game (lightside male, save bastilla) and the rest are simply infinities type stories.

19. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    That game managed to pull off something rather difficult. It took a relatively large cast of playable characters and truly made you care about each and everyone of them.

If I hadn't read the sentence before, I'd have thought you were talking about KOTOR.

Carth's one of my favorites -- he actually has emotional depth, in ADDITION to the fact that he slings a mean couple of pistols. So many people just want "bad-ass" characters that they see being emotional as "sissy" somehow. I love Canderous to death, but he doesn't quite have the emotional development of Carth. His is a more philosophical development, as is Jolee's, though by far different means.

Cassus Fett's heavy pistol + Zabrak blaster + Calo Nord's armor + Carth = OWNAGE.

And even if you ignore everything I've said and still think Carth is a whiner, look at it this way -- you can't get any worse than Rosh Penin in Jedi Academy. Now there's a wuss. People say Luke was whiny in ANH? Rosh is on a whole different scale of annoying.

Carth-haters, come back and talk to me after your whole neighborhood and all your friends are torched and your family is killed. As far as I'm concerned, even if he is whiny, he has a damn right to be. At least his mad skillz make up for it.

As far as changes, I don't want to see it so epic. I want it to be more localized. We've already had enough games where every single thing you do alters the fate of the universe somehow. We don't need any more.

I might like to see a KOTOR prequel in some form or another, whether a game or not. Malak was probably a nice guy once upon a time. I'd like to see some stuff about the rest of the characters -- maybe fight in the Mandalore Wars as Carth or Canderous, or perhaps even Revan, Malak, or Bastila.

But in a game that takes place in KOTOR's future, I'd definitely want to see HK-47 make a comeback -- he just rocked! He was homicidal, sure, but he was so damn funny!

I'd also like the ability to be a non-human of any faction, like Galaxies, only single-player. I'd also like the option to be a non-Jedi for the whole game, maybe a Mandalorian Jedi hunter turned freelance. The factions could all have different endings, and each character could have good or bad endings. I know it's really freaking ambitious, but the original was, too. It can be done.

I'd also like to see more lightsaber variants in addition to crystals -- perhaps light-sais, lightwhips, or projectile weapons, perhaps even heavy weapons like rocket launchers. I'd also like to see high-speed chases and be a part of massive battles on planets and in space, perhaps in the Ebon Hawk. We should learn some more about the history of the vessel, as well as the history of the Infinite Empire.

There is near-infinite room for a KOTOR prequel, but it might just have to be in a novel. Also, there are some inconsistencies that need to be resolved.

Canderous says that the Sith came to the Mandalore clans with the offer to fight the Republic, but Revan and Malak didn't become Sith Lords until AFTER the Mandalorians were defeated. So what gives? Who was this Sith agent?

20. darth_quebec

darth_quebec Jedi Youngling

Mar 18, 2004
    There are not much changes to be done with KOTOR. Is was really good. In my top three.

More moves like JA thats good.

Make it longer.

When your done with a side quest and you want to go right to the the person or beast you can jump there. Was long sometimes going 2 to 3 levels just to finish the quest.

The rest should stay the same, of course with a different story!

21. jedi_of_darkness

jedi_of_darkness Jedi Master star 3

Feb 26, 2003
    well it sould have seprate charicters that are completly appart like you can be a soilder out in the front line blasting your way through a massive encampent of sith with your troop like Call of Duty you know how you fight with a bunch of NPC.

And yeah it can be centralised so you choose your quest out of say 3 or 4 then create your charicter and the lightsaber has diffrent parts that you put together you know so it is custom made and you have a better range of races. And full jedi training would be great like you start off as six and end up say 16 and in some war or another with masters and the lot.

22. --Darth_Dude--

--Darth_Dude-- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2004
    1) more saberfight animations
    2) having the option to choose between jedi/sith instead of starting out as a jedi by default
    3) longer game, and more realistic mission. I want to really search for what I'm searching for instead of following a more or less paved path...

23. Mara

Jan 7, 1999
    I'd like to see the multiplayer feature and the possibility for the other party members to change their alignment as the story went by, influenced by your actions. For instance, Juhani could become less 'gray' and more either light or dark, depending on what the main character did.

24. Count_Cuckoo

Count_Cuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    I like that idea Mara, it would and could make the others turn on you. It would be nice to have decisions which lose you members of your party, would also be nice to have a lot more people who could join your party. This could include characters who are setting you up for a trap, while you trust all your faith in them they become traitors to your cause.

Another option would be you either start the game on the Sith side or the Jedi side, 2 different games entirely.

Its asking too much, I know. :(

25. Mara

Jan 7, 1999

Hadn't thought of that, but yes, it would be great. :) And some more customization on how our character looks would be nice too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.