Saga Changing an Order (Siriwan, A/P, RotS AU - Completed: 5/8) Sequel is up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaya Solo, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. AP4EVER Jedi Master

star 4
    ?Feared this, I always have. Seen many Jedi leave the Order, I have. Changed the rules, I am not sure we should have.?

So it seems Obi&Siri have a potential supporter on the council. Which in turn, spells good news for A&P as well!:)

Now it comes as no surprise that Mace is against all this, but I was caught off gaurd as to how willing Yoda was to accept this. Perhaps he has finally accepted the truth that love is more of a strength than a weakness.

Regardless, it's comforting to see that the head of the council is on (both) couples side...I wonder if this means that Anakin will spill the beans about his and Padme's relationship? Hope so.

Can't wait to read more.:D
  2. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My goal is to show the differences between Anakin, Obi-Wan and their relationships. [face_batting]

And I think poor Mace is my scape goat in this story. ;) I tend to pick on a character during a story, and I'm afraid it's poor Mace. And Yoda's old. He's pretty smart for a Troll. O:)

I'm tired. Was up last night writing for too long. :)
  3. Stella_Ripple Jedi Knight

star 3
    Its finished? All done? We'll definately be getting more?!! Hurrah!!!!! *grabs Jaya into happy dance* [face_dancing]
    Oooh, wonder if Yoda saw Anakin's attachment too? Mace is being a silly stick in the mud though! [face_beatup] Can't wait to see Anakin's reaction! But if Anakin's attachment does come out in the open, Mace'll have a field day! But he should know Obi, at least, is better than that! More soon? [face_praying]
  4. usher-lover Jedi Knight

star 1
    tell 'em Yoda!;) i love how Yoda is sticking up for a change to the code. Update soon, please:)
  5. Jaina_Solo_15 Force Ghost

star 6
    So like Obi-Wan and Siri to get it out in the open and continue to remain true to the Jedi even as they're remaining true to their hearts. Awesome, Master! :D
  6. TorontoJediMaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Oh, good story so far.

Yoda does seem to be more accepting that one would have thought.

I think that Yoda has long been suspecting that the Code needs to be changed, if not totally eliminated. He just needs a push to truly see it.

In the novelization of ROTS, right at the end, he blames himself for what's happened as he never let the Jedi Order change as the galaxy around it changed.

Now, he's just had two Jedi confess an open attachment. I suspect that in the Jedi, attachments like that had always been going on discreetly but were never acknowledged. I believe Yoda has just decided it's time to address that fact. Plus, as he put it, it's really a trivial administrative matter in comparison to the war.

I wonder what effect this would have on Anakin and Padme. Now Anakin can at least confess his marriage and know he won't be expelled. That ought to be interesting.

Can't wait for the next post.
  7. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hehe. Sometimes I think you guys read more into my writing than I do! But good points! :D It's nice to read stories that make you think about stuff. In a good way. :) Glad you are seeing that with this fic. :)
  8. AvenKiel Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay!! I love this fic!!
  9. TorontoJediMaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe if the rule's lifted, Mace can do some dating of his own. Maybe then he'd be less of a stick-in-the-mud. LOL
  10. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Can you see Mace trying to date? :: snicker. thinks about the music from "Shaft!" ::

[face_batting]
  11. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    starwarsfan1000
    Good post.
    Thanks! :D

VA_Parky
    Go Yoda! Truly the voice of reason.
    We all knew he was smart. ;)

Mace needs to relax, but I guess that's not really in his character, is it?
    I just never got the feeling from him that he?s liked Anakin. Especially after reading the screen play. He?s pretty hostile toward Anakin. Plus I always pick on someone to bully in a story, and poor Mace drew the short stick. ;)

Great update - I loved it! I'm anxious to see how Obi-wan and Siri handle their change in 'status.'
    Well, they?re still at war? But there are definitely some mushy scenes in there.

Jaira
    Doin' a happy dance!! Doin' a happy dance!!!
    Heh. :D

AP4EVER
    ?Feared this, I always have. Seen many Jedi leave the Order, I have. Changed the rules, I am not sure we should have.?
    So it seems Obi&Siri have a potential supporter on the council. Which in turn, spells good news for A&P as well!

Possibly? [face_worried] Not telling! [face_batting]

Now it comes as no surprise that Mace is against all this, but I was caught off gaurd as to how willing Yoda was to accept this. Perhaps he has finally accepted the truth that love is more of a strength than a weakness.
    Yeah, it?s probably slightly out of Yoda?s character? but someone pointed out in their reply that Yoda regretted not having the Jedi Order change when the entire Galaxy was. I?m also going from the assumption that it was not always so that Jedi couldn?t have attachments. Little Jedi had to come from somewhere after all.

Regardless, it's comforting to see that the head of the council is on (both) couples side...I wonder if this means that Anakin will spill the beans about his and Padme's relationship? Hope so.
    Not telling. [face_batting] (You?ll find out soon.)

Can't wait to read more.
    Thanks! :D

Stella_Ripple
    Its finished? All done? We'll definately be getting more?!! Hurrah!!!!! *grabs Jaya into happy dance*
    :: runs away from dancing :: ;) Yeah. I can?t believe it too. It?s amazing what you?ll do to get out of studying for finals!

Oooh, wonder if Yoda saw Anakin's attachment too?
    I had fun writing Yoda?s reaction to that. [face_giggle] I think Yoda just realizes that everything is changing. Plus, like he said, there are more important things to worry about than relationships.

Mace is being a silly stick in the mud though! Can't wait to see Anakin's reaction!
    It?s quite priceless. I should stop being so vague, shouldn?t I? [face_batting]

But if Anakin's attachment does come out in the open, Mace'll have a field day! But he should know Obi, at least, is better than that! More soon?
    Monday. Unless I feel like posting before then. Which I might. But you?ll get a post on Monday, regardless!

usher-lover
    tell 'em Yoda! i love how Yoda is sticking up for a change to the code. Update soon, please
    Or he?s just biding his time until the end of the war when he can use his gimmer stick to smack some sense into Obi. [face_batting]

Jaina
    So like Obi-Wan and Siri to get it out in the open and continue to remain true to the Jedi even as they're remaining true to their hearts. Awesome, Master!
    I will smite thee if I do a sequel to this story. I swear.

Yeah, I didn?t like it when Siri died. There was too much potential. And you just had to suggest it so that the little? er? freaking HUGE plot bunny would bite me, didn?t you? :p

Well, I like this story so much, so you?re forgiven. Until it breeds sequels. Then you?re dead again. :p

(For those of you confused by the two of us, she was my first padawan. We threaten each other like this all the time. In a playful way.)

TorontoJediMaster
    Oh, good story so far.
    Thanks! So glad you found
  12. Jaina_Solo_15 Force Ghost

star 6
    I will smite thee if I do a sequel to this story. I swear.

Aw, I'm so happy you're gonna do a sequel, Master. We're shooting for a nice 75 pager this time right? [face_mischief]

Yeah, I didn?t like it when Siri died. There was too much potential. And you just had to suggest it so that the little? er? freaking HUGE plot bunny would bite me, didn?t you?

Turnabout is fairplay. I seem to remember you giving me a plot bunny for that sith be cursed Mary Sue fic.

Well, I like this story so much, so you?re forgiven. Until it breeds sequels. Then you?re dead again.

Oh, goodie! And just remember, I'm holding out for the trilogy! :p

(For those of you confused by the two of us, she was my first padawan. We threaten each other like this all the time. In a playful way.)

Uh, yeah, what she said...or you know, something like that. ;)
  13. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Aw, my lovely padawan whipped this up just for me. :: giggles ::

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/JS_Alias/JainaSequel.jpg]
  14. Jaina_Solo_15 Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_laugh] Anyway, I can be of service, Master. ;) [face_mischief]

And now back to your regularly scheduled fic programming. :D
  15. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    By my clock, it's Monday!
    ?How could you not tell me!? Anakin yelled. He was livid. Obi-Wan had constantly lectured him about attachments and how Anakin had too many. He had always told Anakin that he should not become too close to Padmé, and here he was, now in a relationship with Siri.

Obi-Wan stood calmly as he accepted Anakin?s rant; he was well used to Anakin?s sudden outbursts of anger. He had left Siri briefly to talk to Anakin. Obi-Wan knew this conversation would not be easy.

?You?re a hypocrite,? Anakin remarked with disgust.

Obi-Wan winced at that remark. He had to admit, Anakin was right. He had been a hypocrite.

?You?ve defied the Council. You?ve never done that before. What were you thinking? That they?d just roll over and accept it because you?re the Great Obi-Wan Kenobi?? Anakin asked bitterly. ?You should have just hidden it.?

?Are you done?? Obi-Wan asked calmly before giving a smile to his padawan who responded by rolling his eyes at his master. ?Actually, they are allowing the relationship to continue.? Obi-Wan tried to keep a taunting, superior tone from entering his voice when he informed Anakin about the Council?s decision, but he did allow a sly smirk to form on his face.

?What?? All animosity was gone out of Anakin?s voice and was replaced by shock.

?The Council is allowing it,? Obi-Wan repeated. ?I simply presented to them that this relationship was not going to go away, and since we are at war, they could not afford to lose either of us.?

?This is not like you, Master,? Anakin said, his voice still full of shock.

?No, it?s not,? Obi-Wan admitted, ?but I almost lost her.? He paused, thinking deeply before he continued, ?I cannot really explain my logic, but she completes me.?

Obi-Wan met his padawan?s eyes and found understanding there. ?I understand, Master, more than you can imagine.?

?The Council did promise to revisit this issue once the war is over,? Obi-Wan ruefully told Anakin.

?Who knows how long that could take,? Anakin joked back. ?By then countless young knights could have taken your bad example and gone off and married beautiful women and fathered countless children.?

?I suppose I have set a precedent,? Obi-Wan remarked thoughtfully. ?Surely they will not look up to me that much.?

?You are the Great Obi-Wan Kenobi,? Anakin reminded him, smirking wildly.

Obi-Wan rolled his eyes at his padawan.

?How do you think they?d handle others that followed your example?? Anakin asked.

?I don?t know. They cannot punish others since they allowed my relationship to continue with Siri. What was I thinking?? Comprehension finally dawned on Obi-Wan as to how far reaching the consequences of his actions could reach.

?I?m afraid you weren?t thinking with your head.? Anakin smirked.

?Thank you for that wise comment, padawan. I am so glad to have you around for your insight,? Obi-Wan acerbically replied.

?Any time, Master.?

After a short while, Anakin commented, ?Their rules are antiquated, Master. You may have just ushered us into a new era of the Order.?

?One that I am sure you will be glad for if I do usher us into a new era,? Obi-Wan replied, making reference to Anakin?s crush on Senator Amidala.

?Yeah, well at least I?m not the one that?s in trouble this time.?

?Yes, for once, your master is actually setting a bad example. I suppose one never does lose his master?s teachings. I will just blame it on Qui-Gon?s bad example.?

?So now you?re influenced by the Sith, Master??

?What??

?Well, if I?m influenced by the bad example you set, and you?re influenced by the bad example of Qui-Gon, then Qui-Gon must have been influenced by the bad example of Count Dooku.?

?Who cut off your arm,? Obi-Wan reminded him.

Anakin had not expected where the conversation had led, so he quickly changed gears. ?Do you love her, Master??

?With all my heart.?

Anakin stifled his laughter. ?Master, save the mush for Siri.?

?Do not think I have not heard what you mutter in />
  16. AvenKiel Jedi Master

star 4
    Yay, now that Obi Wan's set the precedent, Anakin and Padme don't have to sneak around!! And mayhaps we may have a .... happy ending?!
  17. starwarsfan1000 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wonderful, funny post.

I still have to stop laughung.
  18. VA_Parky Jedi Master

star 4
    Awww... I always enjoy seeing the lighter side of Anakin and Obi-wan's relationship. :) I wish we had seen more of it in the movies.

Great update - I can't wait for the next one!
  19. Jaira Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh] Freakin' hilarious...best post yet!
  20. usher-lover Jedi Knight

star 1
    ?I am sure a certain senator would love to hear what you moan at night.?
    ?You wouldn?t dare.?

hehe, that was funny. its cool to see those two having fun for once. Could Anakin and Padme admit what they've done, and yes, maybe there could be happy ending for all here [face_mischief]
  21. AP4EVER Jedi Master

star 4
    Holy crap, I almost missed this! And since the quarter is over, I have no excuse.:oops:

Really like the little tirade Anakin went into with Obi-Wan. Thankfully things didn't end on a bad note. Thou I'm sure Anakin will still be grumbling about this later...

?Oh Padmé. I miss you Padmé,? Obi-Wan mocked in a falsetto voice. ?The rest of it I would not dare to repeat,? Obi-Wan commented, barely able to contain his laughter.

And it seems Obi-Wan kinda already knows A&P are together. But, does he know that they're married?[face_thinking] I guess I'll find out later.

Great post, Jaya. Can't wait to read more.:D
  22. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For those that don't know me, I tend to not be able to write a story without some humor in it. :) So expect a few more light hearted moments intermixed with the angst. I think the next few posts are funny.
  23. jodiwent Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I must agree, the "Oh Padme'I miss you Padme' line is prime. I can actually see Obi doing the voice and Ani turning three shades of red.
  24. Jaya Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    AvenKiel
    Yay, now that Obi Wan's set the precedent, Anakin and Padme don't have to sneak around!! And mayhaps we may have a .... happy ending?!
    I?d tell you, but it would ruin the surprise. [face_batting]

starwarsfan1000
    Wonderful, funny post.
    I still have to stop laughung.

Yeah? sorry about that? I tend to write stuff that even makes me laugh out loud several days after I write stuff. (I tend to forget what I write!) I?m really a humor writer, but I masquerade as an angst/mush writer on occasion. So does this mean I have to put up warnings for this fic too about not eating or drinking during certain posts?

VA_Parky
    Awww... I always enjoy seeing the lighter side of Anakin and Obi-wan's relationship. I wish we had seen more of it in the movies.
    Aw! Thanks! I enjoy those little moments too. There were several in RotS, and they were sort of bitter sweet since I knew what was going to happen. There are a few more in this one. ;)

Great update - I can't wait for the next one!
    Thanks! :)

Jaira
    Freakin' hilarious...best post yet!
    :: bows :: How can Anakin and Obi-Wan not be funny? Well, besides when Obi-Wan is watching Anakin?s body burn? But with Anakin?s whineyness combined with Obi-Wan?s dry wit and accent? :)

usher-lover
    ?I am sure a certain senator would love to hear what you moan at night.?
    ?You wouldn?t dare.?
    hehe, that was funny.

Yeah, I?m silly like that. Glad you liked it! :D

its cool to see those two having fun for once.
    Everyone needs a break from the war. Or you?ll lose your humanity.

Could Anakin and Padme admit what they've done, and yes, maybe there could be happy ending for all here
    Again, telling you that would spoil the ending. [face_batting]

AP4EVER
    Holy crap, I almost missed this! And since the quarter is over, I have no excuse.
    It happens to everyone. I just finished today! [face_dancing] Then I went to see Narnia! Freaking AWESOME! Anyway? yay for break! Now the plot bunnies can bite all they want. Wait? I shouldn?t have said that. :: pulls out lightsaber and huddles in a corner waiting for the bunnies to come ::

Really like the little tirade Anakin went into with Obi-Wan. Thankfully things didn't end on a bad note. Thou I'm sure Anakin will still be grumbling about this later...
    Heh. Obi-Wan knows how to deal with Anakin and his little moodswings. He knows how to snap him out of it. With threats!

?Oh Padmé. I miss you Padmé,? Obi-Wan mocked in a falsetto voice. ?The rest of it I would not dare to repeat,? Obi-Wan commented, barely able to contain his laughter.
    And it seems Obi-Wan kinda already knows A&P are together. But, does he know that they're married? I guess I'll find out later.

Or is he just clueless? He might just know that Anakin has a crush on Padme? or maybe he knows everything! :: laughs mysteriously ::

Great post, Jaya. Can't wait to read more.
    Hm? methinks that writing in this mood would be a bad idea. Or a really good one. It could produce some hilarious stuff? that doesn?t make sense to anyone. Did I mention I had two finals today back to back?

Jodiwent
    I must agree, the "Oh Padme'I miss you Padme' line is prime. I can actually see Obi doing the voice and Ani turning three shades of red.
    Thanks! :D I love the banter between Master and Padawan.
  25. Jaina_Solo_15 Force Ghost

star 6
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.