main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Changing an Order (Siriwan, A/P, RotS AU - Completed: 5/8) Sequel is up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaya Solo, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hmm? very, very, interesting, Jaya. I usually don't read Siriwan (more because I'm too busy than because I don't care for it. :p) but this has an intriguing premise. I hope to see more from you soon.

KT

2. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    ?You aren?t going to tell the Council about us, are you?? Padmé responded to Anakin?s question with one of her own.

?No, of course not. We agreed not to,? Anakin replied, obviously not realizing that Padmé actually wanted to stop hiding.

:eek: ...Why not? If they're gonna accept Obi&Siri's realtionship, they have to accept his! It'd be a double standard otherwise.[face_frustrated]

?That?s not the point. Obi-Wan tends to act with more clarity and thought through actions. I don?t exactly do that. I?ve spent more time in front of the Council than he has, and my time in front of them has rarely been met with praise,? Anakin confided in her.

Regardless. They have to accept the marriage, if they're going to accept others.

?Can we talk about this after you get knighted?? Padmé asked hopefully.

?Yes, of course. We can talk about it more then, and after the war, we?ll see what they do to Obi-Wan and Siri. If they don?t do anything too bad to them, maybe we can reveal our marriage to them then."

I think that's too risky. Although I would agree that they should see how the Council deals with Obi&Siri, a lot can still happen before A&P choose to reveal themselves...can you say: Darkside influence?[face_worried]

?Good. Now, we are married...? Anakin said, alluding to his desires.

It makes me happy to see that A&P don't succumb to the stereotype of marriage.:) ;)

Fantastic post, Jaya. Can't wait to read more.:D

3. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Can you PM me when you update?

Bad Anakin, you should tell Obi-Wan.

4. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Well, I have to have some conflict in my story. ;) One of my goals is to show the difference between Anakin and Obi-Wan's relationships with their significant others. Hopefully I'll contrast the impetuous Anakin with the logical Obi-Wan. ;) And of course the wonderful women in the relationships. And explain all of those pesky questions that weren't answered in RotS, hopefully with better dialogue! ;)

5. Tiffanty1

Tiffanty1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    Jaya I now have a master thanks to you.Oh I love your story and want more please write more.

Tiffanty

6. usher-lover

usher-lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2005
    if anakin would just tell obi-wan, i think a lot of things would be easier, especially now that obi-wan gets what anakin is going through. waiting for more!

7. Master_Talek

Master_Talek Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 3, 2005
    :oops: I agree with the others here saying Anakin should tell Obi-Wan at the very least. I wonder how Obi-Wan would find out.[face_mischief]

8. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    starwarsfan1000
    Good post.
    Thankies! :)

Can't really blame Anakin for not wanting to bring up his marriage to the Council, they'd probably throw him into isolation.
    Or not Knight him? or kick him out of the Order? or accept it just as they did Obi-Wan?s? ;)

jacen200015
    *sighs* Anakin can be so dense sometimes.
    Yes! He can be! He?s just not all that rational. He?s too immature.

He can at least tell Obi-Wan and not the Council.
    Yes? if he only realized that?

Jaira
    I agree, they should at least tell Obi. Anakin is way too caught up in the whole secrecy thing...
    :rolleyes: I know. Such a boy. ;)

VA_Parky
    Whew! Lots of fireworks in this chapter! Thankfully, Anakin and Padme's fight was resolved quickly - and lovingly!
    Heh. That?s nothing. In another one of my stories I have Jaina pregnant. Now talk about fireworks? [face_batting]

Good update! I'm anxious to see what's coming up. Will Padme be able to continue to keep their secret? Should be interesting!
    Accursed plot bunnies made me deal with all of those questions. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the PM! I'll be gone for about a week, but when I return I will hurry to catch up!
    That?s okay? I?m in and out due to ?net connections (or lack there of.)

Killik
    Hmm? very, very, interesting, Jaya. I usually don't read Siriwan (more because I'm too busy than because I don't care for it. ) but this has an intriguing premise.
    And cause you love me so much. [face_batting]

I hope to see more from you soon.
    Same to you. :p

AP4EVER
    ?You aren?t going to tell the Council about us, are you?? Padmé responded to Anakin?s question with one of her own.
    ?No, of course not. We agreed not to,? Anakin replied, obviously not realizing that Padmé actually wanted to stop hiding.
    ...Why not? If they're gonna accept Obi&Siri's realtionship, they have to accept his! It'd be a double standard otherwise.

Yes? but you and I realize that. Anakin isn?t quite so rational. And the way I write the Council? well? he may not be quite as paranoid as we think.

?That?s not the point. Obi-Wan tends to act with more clarity and thought through actions. I don?t exactly do that. I?ve spent more time in front of the Council than he has, and my time in front of them has rarely been met with praise,? Anakin confided in her.
    Regardless. They have to accept the marriage, if they're going to accept others.

Technically Obi and Siri aren?t married. [face_batting]

?Can we talk about this after you get knighted?? Padmé asked hopefully.
    ?Yes, of course. We can talk about it more then, and after the war, we?ll see what they do to Obi-Wan and Siri. If they don?t do anything too bad to them, maybe we can reveal our marriage to them then."
    I think that's too risky. Although I would agree that they should see how the Council deals with Obi&Siri, a lot can still happen before A&P choose to reveal themselves...can you say: Darkside influence?

I never claimed that Anakin was rational. ;)

?Good. Now, we are married...? Anakin said, alluding to his desires.
    It makes me happy to see that A&P don't succumb to the stereotype of marriage.

:: blank stare :: I don?t get it.

Fantastic post, Jaya. Can't wait to read more.
    Wow! Fantastic! Ooooh. :) More soon.

princess_of_naboo
    Bad Anakin, you should tell Obi-Wan.
    Well? if Anakin were more mature and rational, he would.

Tiffanty1
    Oh I love your story and want more please write more.
    Plenty more to come.

usher-lover
    if anakin would just tell obi-wan, i think a lot of things would be easier, especially now that obi-wan gets what anakin is going through.
    Yes? if only Anakin thought through his actions?

9. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    War was known to tear couples apart. Brave soldiers went off to fight and risk their lives while loved ones were left to worry about them. Emotions often ran high on the battlefields, and sometimes soldiers, who thought death was around the corner at every moment, did things they regretted later. Their love ones woke up each day and wondered if they would receive news from the battlefields, and with every holo-comm call or knock on the door they wondered if it would be bad news.

For Siri Tachi this was not that much of an issue since she faced the same horrors of war that her beloved did. She trusted Obi-Wan to be able to take care of himself, and frankly had no time to worry about his welfare as she led her Clone Troops into battle against the Separatists. She did not have the luxury of worry.

The only time fear for Obi-Wan?s safety crept into her thoughts was when she had time to allow it to. That is why she hated nights. At night she was expected to sleep, and since sleep was so fleeting during war, those around her cherished their sleep time. Siri did not.

Jedi did not dream, but occasionally Siri got glimpses from her connection with Obi-Wan of the trials that he faced. She could tell when he was injured or worried about the battle. She could even occasionally sense his own fear for her.

Fear was not the only feeling that crept into her heart when she had time to think. A deep feeling of longing filled her. A longing for her other half, of her missing parts, sometimes hurt so much that Siri wished that they had never begun their relationship. Sometimes the pain hurt so much that she feared what it would be like if one of them died. Sometimes it hurt so much that she considered breaking it off then, so that they could concentrate on the war.

But those feelings were always assuaged when she met up with Obi-Wan somewhere. Those were rare occasions, granted, but those short visits made life bearable again. Sometimes Obi-Wan would join his group with hers to complete a particularly difficult task; other times Obi-Wan would stop by on his way back to Coruscant to receive his next orders; even rarer were the times that they both found themselves on Coruscant.

Siri kept the majority of her feelings to herself. She knew that Obi-Wan had similar feelings and fears because she could feel them through the Force. On the nights where she could not find rest in sleep, she spent the time writing messages to send to Obi-Wan. She wrote messages to him rather than record holos for him because she was not always sure of who would be listening in on their conversations. Most of what she wrote him was very mushy, and she did not want Obi-Wan to receive taunts due to her writing.

For approximately every ten messages she wrote Obi-Wan, she received one from him. In each message, Obi-Wan promised to send more messages, which always made Siri laugh because she knew that would never be the case. Obi-Wan was not one to send his sentiments in a message to her. He was always too busy or forgetful to send them.

That is why Siri treasured each and every message that Obi-Wan managed to send her. Their relationship faced many hardships due to the war, but the hope of what awaited them after it ended kept her going.

10. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    What? How'd you find out? Who let the cat out of the bag? :p

Um? have I not been writing enough stories lately? :*grins*

*sets up camp with Chex Mix and a can of Coca-Cola*

EDIT: Darn, you posted while I was posting. :p

Anyway, here's the reply:

How touching! This was my favorite line: Most of what she wrote him was very mushy, and she did not want Obi-Wan to receive taunts due to her writing.

Not that I have any experience in this area, but Siri sounds like a typical female at this moment. And in the next paragraph has Obi-wan seeming like a typical guy and forgetting to send letters. *snrk*

Nie work!

KT

11. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    Nice update! I liked how you showed Siri's feeling on being separated from Obi-Wan during the war.

12. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Poor, poor Siri. :( I've been there, I know what it feels like....

13. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Hi Jaya! I actually had a bit of unexpected free time this afternoon so I hurried here and what do I find? A wonderful update to this story! Yay! [:D]

I think you did a fantastic job depicting Siri's dilemma. She's deeply in love and yet, that leads to such intense fear that she actually has thoughts of breaking it off just to escape some of those feelings. Very, very realistic!

Can't wait to read more! Wonder how Anakin and Padme are handling things! If only they would all open up to each other - they would have a whole circle of allies who are going through the same thing!

14. usher-lover

usher-lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2005
    awwww, obi and siri are sending love letters. i love how siri is sending a whole bunch of mushy stuff, while obi keeps forgetting to respond. typical. keep more coming!

15. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I have been enjoying this story. This last chapter was very good. You captured the emotions of how it is to wait to hear from someone or see someone and how precious even one piece of news/letter is, whether it be a husband, father, boyfriend, girlfriend, brother, sister, or mother that is off fighting somewhere. It reminded me of the time my own brother had been stationed overseas, and we didn't even know where he was at times, but when those letters would come one every so often, it was the most precious thing.

16. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Killik
    What? How'd you find out? Who let the cat out of the bag?
    The Force told me. :p

Um? have I not been writing enough stories lately? grins*
    I meant replies. ;)

EDIT: Darn, you posted while I was posting.
    Yep, I?m pesky like that.

Anyway, here's the reply:
    How touching! This was my favorite line: Most of what she wrote him was very mushy, and she did not want Obi-Wan to receive taunts due to her writing.
    Not that I have any experience in this area, but Siri sounds like a typical female at this moment.

That?s what I was going for. I think regardless of how hard you try to put forward a tough attitude (which Siri does) that deep down, all girls share qualities. Like being mushy (on occasion) and worrying unnecessarily. Or maybe that?s just me. :)

And in the next paragraph has Obi-wan seeming like a typical guy and forgetting to send letters. *snrk*
    ?Twas based on real life. [face_whistling]

princess_of_naboo
    Nice update! I liked how you showed Siri's feeling on being separated from Obi-Wan during the war.
    Thanks! I was a little worried about it being too angsty?

Jaira
    Poor, poor Siri. I've been there, I know what it feels like....
    Me too. I?ve been in a long distance relationship for over three years, so this was written from experience.

VA_Parky
    Hi Jaya! I actually had a bit of unexpected free time this afternoon so I hurried here and what do I find? A wonderful update to this story! Yay!
    Aw. [face_blush]

I think you did a fantastic job depicting Siri's dilemma. She's deeply in love and yet, that leads to such intense fear that she actually has thoughts of breaking it off just to escape some of those feelings. Very, very realistic!
    Oh good. I wrote way too much of myself into that post. ;) Glad my feelings are believable.

Can't wait to read more! Wonder how Anakin and Padme are handling things! If only they would all open up to each other - they would have a whole circle of allies who are going through the same thing!
    Yep. You?ll find out how Padme?s handling it next.

usher-lover
    awwww, obi and siri are sending love letters. i love how siri is sending a whole bunch of mushy stuff, while obi keeps forgetting to respond. typical. keep more coming!
    Yeah. :) Boys are silly like that. [face_batting]

CrystalKenobi
    I have been enjoying this story.
    Yay for a new reader! :D

This last chapter was very good.
    Hehe? I?ve never really been into the entire chapter thing. At least most of my posts are longer for this story than for my others. :) But I?m glad you really liked the last one.

You captured the emotions of how it is to wait to hear from someone or see someone and how precious even one piece of news/letter is, whether it be a husband, father, boyfriend, girlfriend, brother, sister, or mother that is off fighting somewhere. It reminded me of the time my own brother had been stationed overseas, and we didn't even know where he was at times, but when those letters would come one every so often, it was the most precious thing.
    I combined my feelings from missing my boyfriend with missing my cousin that was overseas in Iraq for a year. (He also forgets to write. ;)) It was really scary and hard, and it was much easier when we figured out our email problem. I think I heard more from him while he was overseas than I do now. Boys. :rolleyes: I?m glad you thought I captured it well! :D

17. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Darn it! I knew I should've used my Force powers to conceal my emotions? :p

Ah? well, rest assured, you'll be seeing more replies from me. :)

Hehehehehehe? so I imagined. *grins*

KT

18. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    War was known to tear couples apart. Brave soldiers went off to fight and risk their lives while loved ones were left to worry about them. Emotions often ran high on the battlefields, and sometimes soldiers, who thought death was around the corner at every moment, did things they regretted later. Their love ones woke up each day and wondered if they would receive news from the battlefields, and with every holo-comm call or knock on the door they wondered if it would be bad news.

Senator Padmé Amidala Skywalker was forced to face her fears in silence. Padmé knew how reckless Anakin was, and she feared for his safety constantly. It seemed that there was always a mention Anakin?s latest exploit on the evening news, and it filled her with dread each time she learned of a new feat that Anakin accomplished. It was almost as if he were trying to kill her with fear. Padmé felt like she constantly lived with fear.

It was far too easy to let her mind wander to Anakin. The endless meetings and discussions of the senate wore on her, and she often found herself distracted with thoughts of Anakin. Thinking of Anakin was usually more pleasant than actually paying attention to the latest drabble that the other senators were arguing over.

Padmé hated the nights, those long, sleepless nights. She tossed and turned as nightmares haunted her. Nightmares of Anakin?s lifeless body lying in a field somewhere; nightmares of his ship exploding against the blackness of space; nightmares of her watching his body burn on a funeral pyre; nightmares of him never coming home. Padmé hated nights.

While the news stirred up feelings of worry inside of her, she was grateful to hear word of him. Otherwise she would have no way of knowing how he was doing. She constantly wondered whether or not he was still alive, what he was facing on the battlefield, and what he was feeling. She envied the Jedi and their connections through the Force.

Fear was not the only feeling that Padmé faced when she was alone or allowed her mind to wander. Every time Padmé entered her apartment, every time she went to bed, she was forced to remember that she was alone. She missed Anakin so much that it felt like her heart was breaking. She missed his smile, his warmth, the way he held her? She missed him so.

She longed to be able to tell someone about her feelings and her situation. She longed to have a confidant that she could tell her feelings to; someone that would understand; someone that would reassure her that Anakin was all right. But yet she had no one to confide in. She couldn?t risk their secret getting out.

Sometimes Padmé felt schizophrenic with her range of emotions. One moment she was worried for Anakin, another she missed him deeply, and yet at another time she felt extremely irritated at him. How dare he leave her alone to deal with her feelings? How dare he risk his life needlessly with all of the stunts he performed during the war? How dare he not write her?

Padmé wondered if Anakin planned out his visits to occur exactly when she was absolutely livid. Sometimes she found him waiting for her in her bed chambers; other times he was hiding behind the door and jumped out and scared her when she entered her apartment. Other times he met her at her office and offered to escort her home. No matter where she met him, and how angry she was at him at the time, he was always able to sweet talk her into forgiving him. For a few brief days, she was in absolute bliss as they spent every available moment with each other. But somehow, she was never able to fully enjoy him during his visits because she knew he would be leaving her all too soon.

Anakin always knew the right things to tell her when she was mad at him. He promised to write her messages and to not perform such dangerous stunts, but he was never able to keep his promises.

Padmé never mentioned her anger to Anakin in her holo messages, nor her fear or how much she loved and missed him. She never mentioned her feelings for fear that someone might

19. princess_of_naboo

Nov 9, 2000
    That was great! I loved how it reflected your previous part with Siri. Both women miss and worry about the man they love, but can't do anything about it. Siri is distracted by fighting in the war too and can feel Obi-Wan through the Force, but Padme doesn't have either of those things. She is left to let her thoughts wander to Anakin all too often and has no way to even know that he is still alive. So she watches to news, a painful way to know if he really is okay.

20. Killik_Twilight

Apr 6, 2005
    Man? Padmé really misses him. Very touching, Jaya.

This line was particularly good: She did what any woman would do in her place: she smiled and looked pretty for her man, while secretly resenting him.

Ouch? *shudders*

KT

21. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Wow. :eek: That was a great take on Padme's mixed emotions. Very deep.

22. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Damn it all! How could I have missed that last post!:oops:

Sigh. Well, time to make up for it.

How true, how true. And I like how you started off both posts the same way, only to reveal different ladies.

For Siri Tachi this was not that much of an issue since she faced the same horrors of war that her beloved did.

Senator Padmé Amidala Skywalker was forced to face her fears in silence...Padmé felt like she constantly lived with fear.

Not to mention different feelings on the matter of their 'spouses'.

But these two slices caught my attention the most...

...Siri treasured each and every message that Obi-Wan managed to send her. Their relationship faced many hardships due to the war, but the hope of what awaited them after it ended kept her going.

The lack of reply messages bothered Padmé the most. She spent so much time and energy composing her messages to Anakin to make sure that they said everything that she wanted to say without revealing too much, and he did not even send her a single reply. She always made excuses for him: that he was too busy fighting to send a message to her, that he worried about sending too many messages to her that someone might suspect her relationship, or that he just did not know what message to send her.

I can only hope that there is a plausible reason for Anakin's lack of response.

And he'd better be rational before all this is over.

Padmé hoped and prayed for the end of the war, so that they might spend more time together and that they might stop hiding. But deep down, she feared that something would prevent them from living happily ever after.

[face_cowboy] THERE'D BETTER NOT!!![face_cowboy]

They deserve a happy ending too! I WILL STAND FOR NO LESS! GOT ME!...Uh oh.

*Suddenly drops unconscience*

Later, back at the hospital...

Doctor: Clear!

*Shocks body*

*Shocks body*

*Shocks body, bringing me back to the living*

Yipe! *panting* OK, I'm back. Sorry 'bout that. Don't usually get carried away like that.

Until next time, Can't wait to read more. And I'm hoping beyond all hopes that both couples get their wishes.:D

Now, I must find a way to lower my blood pressure. *Looks around, then finds one of his cats*

Here kitty kitty kitty...8-}

23. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    It's good to know that at least one of my readers is as crazy as me. ;) Hehe. I'll give you a hint as to the ending, Siri changes everything. [face_batting]

24. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Couple of good posts. :)

25. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Aghh, the suspense!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.