main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Changing an Order (Siriwan, A/P, RotS AU - Completed: 5/8) Sequel is up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaya Solo, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    *sighs* the hardships of war *shakes head*

Post more soon :)

2. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Awww.. Poor Padme! If only she would somehow connect with Siri - I would love to be a fly on the wall to hear THAT conversation! :) But I have to imagine it would be a big help - to both of them really.

You did another fantastic job getting inside Padme's head. You're right - it would be so hard for her - she has no way to 'feel' Anakin and resorting to the news is most certainly NOT the way she'd want to be soothed. But nevertheless - she really doesn't have a choice.

I really felt sorry for her (and aggravated at my dear Anakin for not doing a better job keeping in touch). [face_plain]

I'm looking forward to the next update! You've totally got me on the edge of my seat - I am dying to know what happens! [face_praying]

3. usher-lover

usher-lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2005
    awww, poor padme, it must be horrible to have your husband face danger like that, and not be there with him. i hope that both couples have a happy ending too! keep more coming:)

4. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    princess_of_naboo
    That was great! I loved how it reflected your previous part with Siri.
    Thanks. I was going for a nice parallel/contrast between the two.

Both women miss and worry about the man they love, but can't do anything about it. Siri is distracted by fighting in the war too and can feel Obi-Wan through the Force, but Padme doesn't have either of those things. She is left to let her thoughts wander to Anakin all too often and has no way to even know that he is still alive. So she watches to news, a painful way to know if he really is okay.
    Yep. I figure it must be more boring to be a senator than be a Jedi. ;)

Killik
    Man? Padmé really misses him. Very touching, Jaya.
    Thanks. A lot of my emotions (of missing a boy) went into those sections.

This line was particularly good: She did what any woman would do in her place: she smiled and looked pretty for her man, while secretly resenting him.
    Ouch? *shudders*

That line makes Jaina laugh. ;)

Jaira
    Wow. That was a great take on Padme's mixed emotions. Very deep.
    Thanks. I just know what I would feel in her place? and then tried to capture her being the strong woman that she is (and how she wasn?t exactly portrayed in E3.)

AP4EVER
    Damn it all! How could I have missed that last post!
    Happens to the best of us. ;)

Sigh. Well, time to make up for it.
    Revenge of the really long reviewer! ;)

War was known to tear couples apart. Brave soldiers went off to fight and risk their lives while loved ones were left to worry about them. Emotions often ran high on the battlefields, and sometimes soldiers, who thought death was around the corner at every moment, did things they regretted later. Their love ones woke up each day and wondered if they would receive news from the battlefields, and with every holo-comm call or knock on the door they wondered if it would be bad news.
    How true, how true. And I like how you started off both posts the same way, only to reveal different ladies.

Thanks. I almost changed the wording around slightly, but I thought it would be better to parallel their situation at first.

For Siri Tachi this was not that much of an issue since she faced the same horrors of war that her beloved did.
    Senator Padmé Amidala Skywalker was forced to face her fears in silence...Padmé felt like she constantly lived with fear.
    Not to mention different feelings on the matter of their 'spouses'.

What do you mean exactly? :confused:

But these two slices caught my attention the most...
    ...Siri treasured each and every message that Obi-Wan managed to send her. Their relationship faced many hardships due to the war, but the hope of what awaited them after it ended kept her going.
    The lack of reply messages bothered Padmé the most. She spent so much time and energy composing her messages to Anakin to make sure that they said everything that she wanted to say without revealing too much, and he did not even send her a single reply. She always made excuses for him: that he was too busy fighting to send a message to her, that he worried about sending too many messages to her that someone might suspect her relationship, or that he just did not know what message to send her.
    I can only hope that there is a plausible reason for Anakin's lack of response.

I?m afraid there isn?t.

And he'd better be rational before all this is over.
    I?m afraid that Anakin will never be rational in my book. Slightly more grown up, possibly, but not rational. I have to write what I know, right? [face_batting]

Padmé hoped and prayed for the end of the war, so that they might spend more time together and that they might stop hiding. But deep down, she feared that something would prevent them from living happily ever after.
    THERE'D BETTER NOT!!!
    They deserve a happy ending too! I WILL STAND FOR NO LESS!

I like happy endings.[/h

5. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    ?Mistress Padmé,? a prig voice spoke, interrupting her thoughts, ?a Knight Tachi is here to see you.?

Padmé smiled. She could use the company. Especially of a woman who would understand what she was going through, even if she could not speak of it.

?Show her in, Threepio, and bring us some tea.?

?Yes Mistress Padmé.?

A few minutes later, C-3PO reappeared, followed by Siri. ?Mistress Padmé, Knight Tachi.?

?Thank you Threepio,? Padmé told him before he left to fetch their tea. ?Siri, it is so good to see you,? Padmé spoke genuinely.

?You too, Padmé,? Siri replied in an equally warm manner.

?What brings you here?? Padmé asked.

Siri paused, considering her words carefully. ?There are not many Jedi who would understand the situation that I am in. Not many would understand how much I miss Obi-Wan.? Siri looked slightly bashful as she admitted these things to Padmé.

?There?s no one you can have girl talk with at the Temple, is there?? Padmé asked before they both broke into laughter. ?That is why I am grateful for my handmaidens! At least I have the company of women my own age that can balance out some of those stale senators!?

Siri continued laughing. ?Yes, it?s not exactly easy to admit to Yoda your feelings for your beloved. He has a wide knowledge on many things but not love.?

Padmé giggled again, recalling the conversation they had when Obi-Wan and Anakin discussed the possible mating of Yoda and Yaddle. Siri, once she caught on to what Padmé was laughing about, erupted into giggles again.

?It is so good to be in the company of a woman again!? Siri exclaimed. ?It?s one thing to be around men all day, and another to be around clones all day. They?re all alike.?

?They must all know the same jokes and stories too,? Padmé mused.

?And they?re not entertaining ones.? Siri chuckled.

The women were still recovering their breaths from laughing so much when C-3PO entered with the tea. ?Will there be anything else, Mistress Padmé??

?Thank you Threepio. We will let you know if there is anything else we need.? C-3PO bowed before he left the two women on the balcony.

?So tell me of the war,? Padmé quietly implored.

?It has been difficult,? Siri told her after she took a sip of her tea. ?It is odd to be in charge of so many lives, even if they are the lives of clones. They let me command armies, and sometimes I question if I am making the right decisions. I worry that my decisions may lead to the death of myself and others. I constantly meditate, calling upon the Force to show me the right path to choose.?

Padmé nodded. ?How is Obi-Wan doing??

Siri smiled. ?He is doing well. He was promoted to Master about a month ago.?

?You must be so proud!? Padmé beamed.

?Yes, I am quite proud.? Siri smiled deeply. ?I received a message from him when I arrived on Coruscant. You would never guess that he could be so romantic with words.? Siri sighed as she remembered reading the message and blushed slightly as she remembered a particular part of the message.

?That must be nice. I send Anakin messages of encouragement all the time, but he never sends back any word of how he is doing. I have to rely on the news to keep me informed.?

?And we all know how unbiased the media is,? Siri mused. ?Obi-Wan mentioned that he is with Anakin currently working on some mission. There was some disgusting reference to Anakin eating bugs? but I am sure that Obi-Wan must have been exaggerating.?

Padmé wrinkled her nose in disgust. ?Sadly, I do not think that Obi-Wan was exaggerating.? The women sat in silence for a few moments before Padmé continued, ?You must miss him terribly.?

?Yes, I do. But strangely I am comforted knowing that he is out there missing me as much as I miss him. I sometimes even think that he misses me more than I do him.?

Padmé smiled gently. ?Does your connection through the Force allow you to sense his feelings??

?Yes, and occasionally I also get glimpses of what he faces on the battlefront. Most of the time I have wis

6. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Hehehehe, feminine intuition. I've had that directed at me a time or two? *grins*

Yes, Siri, what could Padmé and Anakin be hiding? :)

Yeah, Jaya, I figured that you were putting at least a bit of your own experiences into your writing. I do that on occcasion.

KT

7. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    An update? On my Birthday?[:D] :p ;) Thanks Master, eventough its more coninsidence than everything else

It's good to know that at least one of my readers is as crazy as me. Hehe. I'll give you a hint as to the ending, Siri changes everything. [face_batting]
    Gah! I wanna know how... And you know that you have crazy padawans/former-padawans running around too!:p 8-}

Great Padmé/Siri moment there. :D

~Misha

8. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Great post, Jaya!

9. VA_Parky

Aug 10, 2005
    Awww, I loved this post! [face_love] How nice to see Siri and Padme getting along so well - it was just as fun as I thought it might be. And definitely something they both needed. It's clear that you have a good grasp for both of the characters!

Hope we see more from them soon - will the four of them be reunited at all? Guess I will just have to wait and see! :)

Two thumbs way up! This story is so good!

10. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Siri suspects! She must tell Obi-Wan...

11. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    :: sigh ::

Well, you'll all be happy to know that I'm already starting to write the sequel to this story. :: sigh ::

:: grumbles about re-writing the entire saga ::

Stupid plot bunnies.

In the meantime, don't forget to check out the Fan Fiction Awards. :D (Btw, this story isn't eligible since it wasn't started before Nov. 30.) :D

12. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Killik
    Hehehehe, feminine intuition. I've had that directed at me a time or two? *grins*
    It?s more powerful than you will ever know. :p

Yes, Siri, what could Padmé and Anakin be hiding?
    :: coughmarriagecoughchildrencough ::

Yeah, Jaya, I figured that you were putting at least a bit of your own experiences into your writing. I do that on occcasion.
    Remember my Wes stories? Wanna know how much of that was from real life? Waaaaaaay too much of it. :p

Dreaming_Ice
    An update? On my Birthday? Thanks Master, eventough its more coninsidence than everything else
    :: breaks into a song of ?Sixteen Candles? :: Happy Birthday! Yay for cars! ;)

?You live far away from me? right? [face_worried]

Just kidding. [face_batting]

It's good to know that at least one of my readers is as crazy as me. Hehe. I'll give you a hint as to the ending, Siri changes everything.
    Gah! I wanna know how...

Wanna read the entire 69 page document and the 6 page (so far) sequel? Do ya? :p

And you know that you have crazy padawans/former-padawans running around too!
    Darn, I thought I had you locked up. :p

Great Padmé/Siri moment there.
    There will also be great Siri/Anakin moments. [face_batting] And I promise better dialogue between Padmé and Anakin (at least I think it?s better than the RotS stuff.)

Jaira
    Great post, Jaya!
    Thanks! :D

VA_Parky
    Awww, I loved this post! How nice to see Siri and Padme getting along so well - it was just as fun as I thought it might be. And definitely something they both needed. It's clear that you have a good grasp for both of the characters!
    Thanks! I was hoping to get that right. And I?m glad that you think I had a handle on both of them. I guess I?ll write more from their pov since I?m a girl, and they focused way too much on the boys in the movies. :p

Hope we see more from them soon - will the four of them be reunited at all? Guess I will just have to wait and see!
    Hm? I don?t think I do a scene where they?re all together until the end. But there are several interactions where quite a few of them are together.

Two thumbs way up! This story is so good!
    [face_blush]

princess_of_naboo
    Siri suspects! She must tell Obi-Wan...
    But that would make it too easy! [face_batting]

13. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    There was no way to explain it any other way: Padmé Amidala Skywalker was pregnant.

She had not been feeling well and feared that she might be suffering from the flu due to the nausea and sickness that she felt throughout the day. In the tradition that she had continued from her days as queen, she went to the medical droid as her handmaiden Moteé, hoping to discover the cause of her ailment.

She had not been prepared to receive the information from the medical droid. She thought she was sick, not pregnant. They had been careful or so she thought.

The medical droid started to schedule her for another appointment, one this time with a specialized medical droid, but Padmé rejected that idea. Visiting that kind of doctor would only bring speculation, speculation that neither she nor Anakin needed right now.

?No, that won?t be necessary. My lady will see to it that I am well taken care of in my time of need,? Padmé told the medical droid.

?Yes, Mistress Moteé. I will prescribe you some prenatal vitamins that will make sure your baby will be healthy when he or she is born.?

?That will not be necessary. I cannot let my condition be known by others. It would affect my lady?s safety,? Padmé said.

?Mistress Moteé, it is imperative that you begin these supplements as soon as possible. If you cannot afford to purchase the supplements, then we can provide them to you free of charge.?

?Anonymously?? Padmé asked hopefully.

?Yes, Mistress Moteé. I shall be back with supplements.?

The medical droid left her alone with her thoughts. She was pregnant. Pregnant with Anakin?s child. She was pregnant during a very dangerous war. One where her husband might die. If he were to die, then she would be left alone to raise their child. And worse yet, she would be branded as a harlot if she did not reveal who the father of the child was.

Eventually, her pregnancy would be found out. What would she do then? Would she tell everyone she was married? Or let them think what they would?

How could she break the news to Anakin? He was sometimes away for months at a time. She could not deliver news like this to him in any manner but in person. She did not trust the channels of communication in between here and where he was. She also did not want him to be distracted by the news. It might cause him to be distracted and?

Padmé decided that she would keep it a secret for as long as she could. She would tell Anakin when he came back. And if he did not return in time or not at all? well, she would decide that when the situation presented itself to her.

?Mistress Moteé, here are the supplements you requested. You are to take one pill a day. I also took the liberty of bringing you a datacard containing information about what to expect during pregnancy.?

?Thank you.?

?Do come back Mistress Moteé, if you experience any other symptoms.?

-----

?Milady? Are you all right?? Moteé called.

Padmé had just finished her morning visit to the ?fresher. It seemed that the supplements were good for the baby but that they did little to ease her nausea. On the bright side, she had not gained any weight due to the pregnancy yet.

?Yes, Moteé, I am fine.?

?You do not sound it, Milady,? Moteé said, almost overstepping her bounds as a handmaiden. ?I thought the doctor was supposed to help you get better.?

?He said there is nothing wrong with me? besides a simple stomach virus that will pass in a few days,? Padmé told her, hoping that she would believe.

?But it has already been a few days,? Moteé commented, determined to find out what was ailing her lady.

Padmé had requested a memory wipe for the droid that saw her on behalf of her handmaiden. Thankfully no one questioned her motives behind the memory wipe.

As she exited the ?fresher, she met Moteé?s eyes. ?There is nothing wrong with me. Thank you for your concern. Now what is on today?s agenda??

Padmé trusted her handmaidens with her own life, but she was not ready to trust them or anyone else with the life of her

14. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Wooeee, got herself in a pickle didn't she?

Now, if Siri were to also become with child... well, I'll keep my wicked ideas to myself.

15. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    There was no way to explain it any other way: Padmé Amidala Skywalker was pregnant.

They had been careful or so she thought.

Oops! Guess again. [face_shame_on_you]

16. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    :: breaks into a song of ?Sixteen Candles? :: Happy Birthday! Yay for cars!;)

?You live far away from me? right? [face_worried]
    Just kidding. [face_batting]

Considering that I live Australia, I think your safe!;):p

Gah! I wanna know how...
    Wanna read the entire 69 page document and the 6 page (so far) sequel? Do ya? :p

Yep! :D

And you know that you have crazy padawans/former-padawans running around too!
    Darn, I thought I had you locked up.:p

You know that you can't lock us up for long, we conspire, escape, cause general mayhem... [face_devil]

There will also be great Siri/Anakin moments. And I promise better dialogue between Padmé and Anakin (at least I think it?s better than the RotS stuff.)
    That's good to hear, very good to hear. :D

On this Post: Well, I was wondering when this one would show up... knew it couldn't be too far away after the last post said that anakin had been knighted. Nice touch haveing Padmé go to the droid as Moteé. ;)

You'd be happy to know that i'm also working on that challenge fic you gave me... finally[face_blush]

~Misha

17. VA_Parky

Aug 10, 2005
    Oh my! Poor Padme... What a situation to be in! Hmmmm... She can't talk to her handmaidens, but I bet a certain female Jedi might be able to lend a sympathetic ear! ;)

Great update, as always! I'm so happy to hear that you're already working on a sequel! Wheeee!!! [face_dancing]

18. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I like having Padme and Siri talk and how siri realizes that there is more going on between Padme and Anakin. That was a nice touch there with them having the girl talk about their worries etc. I hope these two women will have a strong bond of friendship between them as time goes by.

19. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I have a strong suspicion that Siri is going to find out :)

20. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Poor Padme.

Great update!

21. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Hmmm.[face_thinking]

22. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oooh, two posts to catch up on. Both awsum.

I have to laugh because you added in the bugs, that is my favorite Clone Wars scene. I think I played that over and over. Obi being rained on, and squirming when Ani eats the bugs and worms. It was fun to have Siri refer to it.

23. Killik_Twilight

Killik_Twilight Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2005
    Well well well? one thing Padmé really can't hide. At least men don't have to worry about that? :p

And now she has some hard issues to think through?

?it makes one think.

Good work, Jaya! :)

KT

24. usher-lover

usher-lover Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 20, 2005
    wow, i somehow missed two posts! sorry, about that[face_blush] anyway, its nice that siri and padme were able to speak so freely with each other. its got to be hard not to really have someone to speak with. and padme got herself stuck, didn't she? i guess they weren't as careful as they thought. good updates:)

25. AP4EVER

AP4EVER Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2005
    Even though I have a plausable excuse, college, I'm still embarressed at my self.:oops: [face_blush]

Well, I'm here to make up...

?...Knight Tachi is here to see you.?

Padmé smiled. She could use the company. Especially of a woman who would understand what she was going through, even if she could not speak of it.

Padme, I think it is time you and Siri had a little "girl-talk"...I think it is needed.

"I send Anakin messages of encouragement all the time, but he never sends back any word of how he is doing. I have to rely on the news to keep me informed.?

I'm still ticked off by that. What in God's name would keep a man from writing to his love?

?You two must be close, considering that he would send you something so important.?

Now's your chance, Padme. Now gradually reveal the truth.

She wanted to tell her everything.

But she could not. She would not betray Anakin?s trust. Padmé somehow knew that Siri understood this.

...I deeply admire your faith and trust in Anakin, Padme. But,...

FOR HEAVENS SAKE!

Siri stood and thanked Padmé for the tea before leaving the apartment. She was troubled by what Padmé did not say during their meeting. There was more to Padmé?s relationship with Anakin than either of them were revealing.

I'm at least relieved that Siri knows more than she let's on to. I hope she corners Padme and gets the whole story soon. Perhaps she'll...Wait! I don't want to jinx myself.

And now Padme is pregnant. Hopefully her hormones will cause he to reveal the truth...but this is Padme, she's tough and steadfest...yep, I think Siri needs to interfer before trouble brews...and soon!

Fantastic posts, Jaya. I can't wait to read more.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.