main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL chapter banner

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ia-Bou, Jan 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    Guys id really like to see us get together a banner for this page. I think the best way to do it is for everyone to send me a picture of yourself in costume to this address:

jediknight@iloveapple.net

2. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I got no costume, thus I got no picture of me in a costume. Perhaps I could paste my mug on a tauntaun or something.

For the background I'd really like to see the MGM Mickey Water tower turned into a landing pad (from the Star Wars Weekends commercials last year). I also think we should scrounge a picture of our skyline, perhaps repeated, in a Coruscant fashion.

-Campbell

3. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Well I had a header for the site with the Orlando Skyline, which could be used. We could do like a blue background and a black skyline or something? Whatever...

4. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    Being such a newbie I have never owned a costume (other than from child hood or recently for Disney) but nothing consider worthy. Perhaps I can design one before Megacon but not sure what. When I do, you will be the first contacted Ia... Maybe I'll need to order one from you? Hmmmm... perhaps....
    Melanie

5. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm a total newbie, but I'd like to state for the record that I don't own a costume either. Though I could wear my graduation robe and put a bucket on my head to be Vader . . . no? :p

Maybe I can whip something up in Paint Shop Pro . . .

L8r

6. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Raiza just wear a brown bath robe and you can say you are a Jedi! Or... you could wear a sheet with two eye holes and say you are a Jedi apparition.

7. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    ive got plenty of costumes to go around...however i would like to even the banner out...i would like the good guys on the right and the bad guys (costume wise) on the left and the orlando skyline in the middle...i have a camera, costumes and adobe photoshop so i can bring stuff to the meeting...i just need to know peoples sizes and what they want to be.

i have cool headdresses that i could wear for it and we also need senators and so forth

what we need before then is a logo or fanforce seal :)

8. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Ia, do you happen to have an Aayla Secura outfit? That's what I'd like to wear. We may have to take it in a little bit so it's not too loose...

I just bought some Han Solo Falcon-fixing goggles. Maybe I'll just wear those. And some clothes. -Campbell

ps- so that's a no on the MGM water tower landing platform?

9. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I've visited some other sites and one of them suggested a jedi costume can just be a dyed gei. Since I still have my judo gei maybe that would work. I'd still like a cloak & would need ideas on the belt.

Melanie

10. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    haha actually i do have a ayala secura outfit :)

Ia

11. Focefullkenobi

Focefullkenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 17, 2004
    http://www.accentfurniture.com/product.asp?0=209&3=1433 has a awsome picture of the skyline.

Id love too see this on the site!

12. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Thats a pretty nice picture but since it is copyrighted material by someone we could not be allowed to use that in a commercial or in our instance even non-commercial context.

13. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Who was the ad wizard that came up with the nice note at the bottom about the next meeting being on the 7th? Can that good samaritan do the same for the upcoming one on the 21st?

14. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    That is Minacia Brightstar I believe- if it really bothers you, you should contact her.

15. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Thanks, it's only a good thing. I'll drop her a note asking if she'll update it. -Campbell

16. raiza123

Dec 18, 2003
    I thought Ia had told me she was the one with this awesome power.

Melanie

17. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    well it works like this...i tell er and she makes it happen...the cool power part is that she can only change it if i say so...which i have...ahhahahaha...that was my power laugh :p

18. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    as for the copyrighted material...i will go downtown and take pictures of buildings and put a skyline together if you like :)

Ia

19. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    If you guys want anytype of CG element added lemme know. I can also make some pretty cool 3D wording.

20. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Ah, I see. I was blaming fair Minacia, when it was actually the Bou's oversight. Hmm. With all the new taxes you've proposed, can't we expect some service?

But seriously, Ia, when you can drop M_B another line, could you ask her to list you as the CR on the Chapters page (link below). It still has LordGoldenArrow, who splintered away about 12 parsecs ago. -Campbell

http://fanforce.net/usa_south/chapters.shtml

21. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    wow...was that really 12 parsecs ago? time flys....im right on it :)

22. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    So, I was killing time in Paint Shop Pro, thinking of some generic banner ideas for various places, when I thought about Ia's Fan Force banner idea. I played around with some concepts and it occured to me that they all lack a certain punch. What's missing, you may ask? Okay, no one did ask, but I'll tell you anyway. A little slogan/quote under the title.

Does this chapter of Fan Force have a slogan or anything? Imagine an Orlando System bumper sticker. What would it say? I think we should definitely have a slogan and/or decide on an appropriate SW quote.

L8r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.