main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga 'Chapter One' {post-Clone Wars Chapter I, three Jedi}

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by leia_naberrie, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    Title: 'CHAPTER ONE'
    Timeframe: Clone Wars Chapter One [face_laugh]
    Characters: Guess 8-}
    Genre: Vignette :confused: or Novella :confused:
    Keywords: Clone Wars :D
    Summary: Afterwards... [face_mischief]
    Disclaimer: Goes without saying. Lucasfilm owns all the rights to Star Wars. I don?t. No infringement is intended or profit to be made by me.

A/N: Knight-Ander, this one is for you. [face_love] 8-}

A/N2: There's more of this. But I think it stands well as a vignette, don't you? 8-} Jokes aside, I haven't quite made up my mind how to connect all the disjointed scenes that make up this story. [face_devil] I just decided to post something before I go mad! [face_shocked] I may or may not continued. [face_plain] But this is not a work-in-progress. This shortie stands whole and entire. :)

A/N3: I dabbled with the Omniscient Perspective here. :) I'm not sure I pulled it off - I know I didn't [face_laugh] - but it was good writing practice. :D

[b]CHAPTER ONE[/b]

The meeting concluded, very satisfactorily on the part of half of the parties involved and equally unsatisfactorily on the other half, the three Jedi took their leave from the Chancellor and exited the spacious offices. The journey from Senate building to Jedi Temple was usually taken on foot. The network of walkways and automated crossings for pedestrians in the city planet connected the dual seats of power in a single straight path.

The Sith Lord observed their passage through the Senate building long after the sliding panels had shut them from physical view.

The young Jedi Master took the lead, his steps deliberate and graceful and his thoughts consumed with strong misgivings. His Padawan learner strolled lightly a half-step behind him, his head in the clouds and his feet almost walking on them. He was not oblivious to his Master?s despondency but he was determined to ignore them. The last of the trio, a diminutive, ancient Jedi Councillor, floated with dignity on his hover-couch and observed to two in front of him pensively.

The three kept their silent exultations and fears to themselves and to outside observers, the image of the trio of Jedi walking/floating steadily along the halls of the Senate dome was an impressive one. The image might have been shattered by an incident that took place at the end of a corridor while they waited for a turbolift but fortuitously, the corridor was empty of everyone but themselves.

The incident in question was pre-empted when the young Padawan dropped out of his euphoric state to ask of his Masters a mundane request.

?May I use this opportunity to pay a short visit to Senator Amidala?? The request was made with the utmost politeness and casualness.

The young Master paused in mid-step and faced his Padawan. ?Is the Senator expecting you, Padawan??

?No, Master,? replied the apprentice, still casual. ?But when I left her in Naboo she insisted that I could see her whenever the opportunity availed itself.?

?Behind the invitation, a purpose was there, Padawan?? The Councillor?s hover chair came to float between the two men so he could observe the conversation more attentively.

?N? not particularly, Master,? the apprentice replied, his façade shaking a bit under the double scrutiny.

?Then, I?m sure she will not be disappointed if you pass up this opportunity until the next one,? said the Master firmly.

The turbolifts opened and the Master stepped inside, the hover chair floated in right behind him. He was about to operate the down lever when he realized that his apprentice was still standing just outside the lift.

The apprentice?s mental shields were up and the expression on his face closed. In every way, he was as blank

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Loved it!

Then he returned to his desk and went back to the gruelling task of conducting both sides of a galactic civil war.

Evil Palpy!

I hope you decide to write more! :)

3. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    I hate Palpy. :mad: That's official.

That was great to see the exchange from an external point of view. Anakin, crushed by Obi Wan's refusal, Obi Wan knowing what's happening, and being so commanding, and of course, Yoda, quietly, silently, observing the discussion... Priceless. :)

I really would love it if you continued this... [face_puppydogeyes]

4. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    A fine post, leia, and I appreciate the dedication, really I do, but you're just going to leave it at that!?! :eek: :mad:

What about The Wave? You've got to look in on Padmé's situation in this chapter. A rightfully omniscient storyteller wouldn't leave her out!!

Again, well done. :D

5. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    I like it! Palpatine is chilling. And I think the perspective worked just fine.

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    You need to tell me when you write these things! :p

Very cool... I definitely hope there's more. But how many stories can you write at one time? :eek: ;)

7. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    Gina: Loved it! [face_blush] Although, to give credit where it's due, I'm pretty sure that I *borrowed* that line from something of geo3's. ;)

Padlei: I hate Palpy. That's official. It took you long enough apparently. That was great to see the exchange from an external point of view. A compliment to the Omni-PoV! :) Hurray! [face_puppydogeyes] I'm a cat-person. I don't like dogs. [face_devil] ... J/K! [face_laugh]

Knight-Ander:A fine post, leia, [face_blush] and I appreciate the dedication, really I do, :) but you're just going to leave it at that!?! [face_shocked] What about The Wave? :eek: :eek: You've got to look in on Padmé's situation in this chapter. :eek: :eek: :eek: A rightfully omniscient storyteller wouldn't leave her out!! [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_shocked] [face_shocked] Again, well done. :confused:

Dally: Palpatine is chilling. Why, thank you. 8-} I think the perspective worked just fine. [face_blush] Sweetheart!

RebelScum77: You need to tell me when you write these things! [face_laugh] I need to tell myself sometimes. 8-} Very cool... I definitely hope there's more. Umm... don't hope too hard, OK? :p But how many stories can you write at one time? [whisper]Good question.[/whisper]

8. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    UP because the author really has to expand on this scene. ;)

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, you can't just leave us THERE! Loved Anakin trying so hard to be CASUAL...and Obi-Wan catching on to him. MORE!

The Padawan looked at his Master a moment longer with shuttered eyes. Then obediently, he stepped into the lift. The rest of the journey to the Temple - with the Padawan?s steps no longer jaunty, the Master?s own less graceful and more deliberate and the Councillor?s pensiveness trebled - was completed without incident.

This reminded me of when I was young and trying to talk my parents into letting me go out with friends and they caught on. I was stuck at home, trying so hard to pretend I wasn't disappointed and it didn't matter. But, like Anakin, I failed! Great job, but really we need more!

10. leia_naberrie

Sep 10, 2002
    K-A: [face_blush]

VaderLVR64: This reminded me of when I was young and trying to talk my parents into letting me go out with friends and they caught on. I was stuck at home, trying so hard to pretend I wasn't disappointed and it didn't matter. But, like Anakin, I failed! LOL! ~~~ Great job, but really we need more! :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.