Chapter Rep Nominations and Elections

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by BrotherHalo, Jan 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Since Mary is stepping down as Chapter Rep for the Salt Lake City FF, it's time to select a new CR for you guys. There are a few requirements for CR - mostly that you are an active poster on these forums and that you are 18 years of age.

Nominations for CR will be open for a period of two weeks, perhaps three if there aren't any nominations at the end of two weeks. If you are nominating someone, please make sure they know you are nominating them. If a CR isn't nominated in this time period, the RSAs for the Southwest Region, namely Jedi_Knight_Birrer and myself will take over as CR for the SLC FF. If you guys can't get a CR nominated and elected within that time, the forum, unfortunately, will have to be moved to Inactive Status.

Please note, to form and remain an active FanForce chapter, you must have at least 5 active members. Meaning, we'll need at least 5 votes to consider it an official vote.

Nominations are hereby opened. Elections will be held at the end of the nomination period. That thread will be posted at the end of the Nominations.

Nominations close January 26th.
  2. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    BrotherHalo... what makes a person 'active' by FanForce standards?
  3. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    And while I await that answer, I'd like to nominate Andy for the new SLCFF CO position.

Huzzah!!!
  4. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I second Andy. He's passionate about the fan force and he's come up with some great ideas in the meetings that we have had.
  5. Jedi_Noghri Jedi Master

star 3
    I guess this is where I'm supposed to do some kind of campaigning thing.... um...If I'm elected... free puppies for everyone. well, not really but I will do my best to make the SLCFF a fun place where people will want to post and participate more. I've been talking with a few people about some cool possibilities for the future that I have no doubt will be a fun and draw a crowd... in a good way.

Well, I'm gonna be trying to improve the SLCFF regardless of whether I get elected or not so if there's someone else who wants the job and is better qualified, by all means vote for them but for now it's looking like you might get stuck with me.... sorry I'm not better looking.
  6. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Okay, it seems as though Jedi_Noghri is the only person with any nominations.

To make this official, I will open up the vote for one week.

Please PM me your "AYE" or "NAY" for Jedi_Noghri as the next SLC FF CR. Yay ACRONYMS! :p

7. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    so um... when do we find out?
  8. Jedi_Noghri Jedi Master

star 3
    Tomorrow, I think, or Sunday if the vote ends at midnight tomorrow. That's just my guess though.
  9. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Course then he has to count them and see. That might take a while, unless he's wearing sandals.
  10. Jedi_Noghri Jedi Master

star 3
    You really think we got that many votes?
  11. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm trying this whole optimistic thing. Sometimes it works.
  12. Jedi_Noghri Jedi Master

star 3
    [face_whistling] so... how bout them super bowl commercials?
  13. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Paper Rock Bud was a good one.
  14. ondiv Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't hate me... but I really liked the K-Fed commercial!!

15. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    The K-Fed commercial was hilarious.

Alrighty, the "votes" were tallied. Andy received enough "Ayes" to become the newest SLC FF Chapter Rep.

Congratulations, Jedi_Noghri!

That said, I would like to raise a few questions for the Salt Lake City folks. We've noticed that the Salt Lake Chapter isn't exactly a bustle of activity. These periods of time where there's nothing new going on in the Star Wars universe is the hardest time to keep people's interest. It's happening everywhere. The Pacific Region RSAs have had to move several chapters to inactive over the past few months.

I'm hoping Andy will come up with some good activities for your group, as well as looking at what you guys could do to help out your community. Food drives, charity walks, clean-ups, etc. There's lots to do. Do it by yourselves, do it in Star Wars costume, do it with any local 501st Troopers. Do it with Trekkies. Who cares? It helps to branch out and remember that it's not JUST about Star Wars. FanForce started BECAUSE of Star Wars, but doesn't have to rely SOLELY on Star Wars to keep thriving and growing.

Andy, I will get your new VIP status set up tonight. Marold, you've served this chapter well!
  16. SkalenFehl Force Ghost

star 4
    Congrats, Andy! And regarding BrotherHalo's comment about 501st Troopers. There are a lot of us around! We are at your service!
  17. Jedi_Noghri Jedi Master

star 3
    Thanks everyone who voted for me and an even bigger thanks for voting and keeping the SLC FF active. I believe we can do some good with this group and I see a lot of very fun activities in the future. One thing we will be doing soon that has sparked some interest in many people is the formation of the slc ff book club to which everyone (including Alpine Garrison and neighboring ff members) will be welcome. That's just one of many things we've got cooking on the stove right now and suggestions from anyone are always more than welcome.

Thanks again everyone.

Thus begins the tyrannical rule of Jedi_Noghri. Mwa ha ha ha ha
  18. Jedi_Angell Jedi Master

star 3
    HUZZAH! FOR ANDY! HUZZAH!

501st Troopers kick butt....of course...I'm a little biased :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.