main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chapter Roster

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by KnightWriter, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    how about we add a new question to the list shall we? Lets put in how people heard about the Fanforce or how they started posting at theforce.net?

2. ImDaBudge

ImDaBudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    well, minipounce this is where we want the new people to sign in and let everyone know who they are and also let them get to know a little about ourselves also.

3. Ute_Jedi

Ute_Jedi Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2002
    I'm new here. My name is Cody I live in Provo presently but go to the U.

Favorite thing about Star Wars:
    The mystic nature of the Force

Why I am a Star Wars fan:
    Because I was hooked from an early age. My parents took me to see the original movies in the theatre and I had all the toys. I'll never forget the first time I saw Darth Vader take off his mask, I was stunned.

I like:
    Football (Minnesota Vikings fan), 311 is my favorite band, and I work out in the gym nearly every day.

I heard about theforce.net:
    After AOTC came out, I was re-hooked on Star Wars. I had a dream about what was going to be in Episode III so I went searching for information about it. I found theforce.net

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It's good to have you aboard Ute. We hope to see you to some of our events as well. We like having more people at them too. :D

5. SkalenFehl

SkalenFehl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    My name is Marc Martinez

My favorite thing about Star Wars is the escape from reality that it provides when I read a book from the expanded universe. Then there's just the plain old non stop, action packed, eye candy filled, special effects loaded, lightsaber duels, and space battle scenes from the movies....

I am a Star Wars fan because since I was a boy back in 1977 a new world of possibilties opened up for me. I was swept away by the romance of a new epic set in space; the hero worship that I craved. During those years my mainstay of sci-fi intake was the original star trek series, Flash Gordon, and Buck Rogers. But when Star Wars came along...it just blew away everything. Nothing of that decade came remotely close to this new "world", no story, so special effects, nothing. Star Wars set the standard for sci-fi movie making.

Something I like that isn't Star Wars would be...fishing!

By the way, I live in Perry, Just south of Brigham City and I would like to start a fanforce chapter for my area, maybe even Ogden. Anyone else from Box Elder or Weber Counties?

6. AliKatKelts

AliKatKelts Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 25, 2003
    Heyla. Okay my name's Ali Kat, but you can call me any form a Alexandra you can come up with(many people do*g*).

My favorite thing about Star Wars is, hmm I just love the good against evil story line, and the coming of age stuff.

Why I'm a Star Wars fan? I really don't know, maybe it's cause it just sucks me up in to another universe where the problems of this world disappear, and I can be someone else. It's been on of my escapes since I saw the Special editions in JHS.

And something else besides Star Wars that I like. Well lets go with the short list. I love Harry Potter, Sci-fi/Fantasy, Highlander, my pets, my family and my computer and modem. *g*

Oh and how I started poting here. I actualy started of in the fanfic boards about last month and decided to just look around the other boards
    Forever and Always
    Ali Kat
    (edit note- I just can't type today)

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Welcome to Echo Base, we love having new members. We also hope to see you at some of the meetings, okay when we have them. :D

8. ondiv

ondiv Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Welcome AliKat!!!

9. Graykin

Graykin Jedi Youngling

Apr 10, 2003
    Name: Daniel "Graykin"

What I like most about Star Wars is the designs of the films. It motivated me to go to animation school.

Star wars Rocks!!!

I enjoy hanging with my family

10. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Hey Graykin, welcome to the group. Feel free to jump in and post around. I'm Void, the regional support guy and blame sponge for the people in blue :) If there is anything we can do for you then let myself or the Chapter Rep, Marold, know. Thanks.

11. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Wait, you mean I'm supposed to do something while I'm chapter rep? ?[face_plain] ;) I'm just joking.

Welcome to the Fanforce, I hope to see you at some of our upcoming events. We have a lot of fun at them, or else everyone is lying to me. ;)

12. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Yeah, you take the blame for these guys at events and smoothly transfer blame to me ;)

13. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    so basically, I'm never at fault then right? I can just blame it all on you then. :p

14. frio_carr

frio_carr Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2002
    yea marold we just blame you. Why can't you blame someone else?

15. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I'm liken this deal. :D

16. kita_pounce

kita_pounce Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2003
    As per request...kita_pounce!

your favorite thing about Star Wars: Um...rping?

why you're a Star Wars fan: Oh no stop the world, I'm really not! Mwahah! I'm in it for the rp!

something you like that isn't Star Wars: Other stuff? *can't think*

yea...well that was informative! MWAHAHAHAH!

17. frio_carr

May 25, 2002
    I feel like I've known you for years kita.

thanks
    frio

18. kita_pounce

kita_pounce Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2003
    Oh but don't you tho? I just have a way with words like that :p!

19. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    I'm sorry to be so slow posting in this thread. Should have done it much sooner.

Name? The birth cert says Mary but you can call me Amber (too many Marys can be confusing)

Why am I a SW fan? Harrison Ford & Ewan McGregor!

Something I like that isn't SW? Dinosaurs & geology/paleontology, that's why I volunteer at Chicago's Field Museum.

How did I hear about FF? From Chicago Force.

And why is a Chicagoan posting here? Because I'm going to be moving to SLC next year & want to get to know the SW fans in this area.

20. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    you mean we have another Mary running around here? :eek: Who authorized that? Now everywhere I go there are more Mary's, what's the world coming to?

Oh and welcome to the Salt Lake FF. We may act somewhat strange, but we are really nice deep deep down inside. Some it's just harder to find.

21. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Hi Amber Eyes and welcome to the team. Feel free to jump in wherever you'd like, if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.

22. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Now he shows up. :p

23. Amber_eyes

Amber_eyes Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 22, 2001
    Thank you, I think I'm going to like it here. :)
    And as for anything you can do, Void Dancer, are you any good at moving furniture? (j/k)

24. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    If you need help moving, I'm sure we can round up some people to help. :D

25. frio_carr

May 25, 2002
    * raises hand *
    welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.