Chapter signature lightsaber?!

Discussion in 'Salt Lake City, UT' started by allenj456, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I just had a thought as I was admiring Darth Blobs custom lightsaber- how cool would it be for us to come up with a custom saber that we would all make together and have it be sort of a trademark of our chapter! I dont know of any other groups that do this. I think it would be a great idea.--Thoughts?
  2. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm with you Al.... I can call you "Al" right?
  3. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    sure... just as long as it's not followed by Roeker.
  4. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yeah! That's a great idea. Good thought. I, however, am inept at such things so I won't be much help.
  5. Mcily_Nochi Jedi Master

star 4
    I won't be much help, but I too think it's a good idea. :)
  6. DarJin Jedi Knight

Sounds great. I am trying to get into the art of making my own saber hilts. Anything anyone can add would be helpful.
  7. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    So why don't we plan on making some for the next meeting? If anyone with experience making light sabers could give us a list of ideas and what we will need that'd be great.

'Cause I don't know where to begin.
  8. Marold Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have no life I'm game. :D
  9. DarJin Jedi Knight

A friend of mine just sent me this address. It's a website that deals with making cheap light saber replicas. Just thought it might give people ideas for making a signature saber, and the best part is it's cheap.

bigyellowbox.tripod.com
  10. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    I gave a look at all those sabers... they were pretty cool. I just don't know if I'd be able to make mine original. My imagination sucks when it comes to stuff like that.
  11. Quest_JMT Jedi Padawan

I have made six custom lightsabers, five of which are of my own design. I would bve glad to assist.
  12. greenmayo Jedi Knight

star 2
    So would you bring those to the meeting on Saturday? They would be a great place to start thinking of our own.
  13. Quest_JMT Jedi Padawan

Maybe we can come up with a reasonable design that can be easily duplicated for each member. If anyone has any engraving connections, maybe we could have a sybmbol or name put on them as well. (I can do the constructing or instrcutions)
  14. allenj456 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I was watching ANH the other day and noticed that Lukes saber is basically a silver tube with some do-dads glued/screwed on. Perhaps something close to that?
  15. Blinded Jedi Padawan

just make sure it is double edged okay thile mauls saber or come up with some radical wierd thing to add to it
  16. ImDaBudge Jedi Knight

star 3
    Sounds good to me. I don't think that we should try something too elabrate on our first try.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.