main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Chapter Twinning Program

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    FF is introducing a new prgram: The Chapter Twinning Program. Its purpose is to build bridges between chapters all over the World.

The program aims to increase relations and diversity between chapters by forming a close 'alliance' between two boards that usually would never have met.

If you guys are interested in this let me know. I think it would be fun...... :)

2. DarthArjuna

DarthArjuna Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 14, 2002
    Sounds interesting. Who would we be paired with, someone around the globe, like in Europe or somewhere?

3. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    sounds good to me.

4. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    Works for me.

5. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    I like it; sounds funky.

Good question, though...who WOULD we be paired up with? Hopefully someone who speaks the same language we do!

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I was talking to websjedi and we were thinking perhaps Australia? :)

7. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    AUSTRALIA.....CONVICTS ALL!!!

Sorry that was me being all British again.

Ozz sounds good to me

8. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Karate only wants to pair with them so he can talk with someone who ahs the same accent.

*puts on her Dundee hat and starts wrestlin' crocs*

9. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Hey, now, let's try not to offend anyone.

Crikey!

Sorry...

10. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, ok, before we get tooo ahead of ourselves with this :) Australia hasnt officially signed on to the twinning program yet.......I am trying to convince them ;) hehehe

Otherwise all the chapters signed up right now are all in the States and in the NE and we sohuld really try for an overseas chapter or at least someone alittle further away ... what does everyone think?

11. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    It'd be cooler, IMO. Even though there's cultural differences within the US, they're minor compared to other continents.

So, how would this work? We check both boards and post on both, a new board for both, just one thread in each board...? Or is it up for the FF's themselves to decide?

12. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    we wait for a FF chapter to decide if they want to participate with us. Thats posted in the CR forum. once I receive that confirmation I will share that with everyone here.

We would then start a welcome thread for our sister chapter and go from there. :)

So for now we just wait and I'll keep checking the CR forum ;)

13. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    IMPO, I think it'd be great to be paired up with people who we can't see in our everyday lives.

Good questions, Arjuna. I thought it'd be a 'check both boards' but it'd probably be easier not to do that :p

14. DarthArjuna

Aug 14, 2002
    Might be better though, more participation on both parts.

15. Padawan_Drogon

Padawan_Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 17, 2003
    IMWO (In My Worthless Opinion) it sounds better the more it's discussed. Partnering with a farther away chapter would be cool because of the cultural differences. Partnering with a closer one would be cool because occasionally someone from that chapter might actually visit us for an event. Either way, we can't lose. Also, it might help give us (and them) more ideas to make the chapter better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.