main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Character ages and length of time in the movies and the Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by SatineNaberrie, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Tosche_Station

Tosche_Station Jedi Master star 2

Feb 9, 2015
    The 'IF', is key.....

2. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011

So you're saying it's literally impossible for someone to look five or six years older than their actual age? That's ridiculous. Such a thing can be proven with a simple Google search. People age differently, depending on differing life events and environmental factors. Look at how presidents age while in office. Look at people who work outside all their lives and don't wear adequate sun protection. The sun ages you. You know that, right? Now imagine living under twin suns on a desert planet for nearly two decades, existing as a roving hermit and subsisting on whatever meager sustenance you can scrounge up with your limited means.

Seriously. He looks five or six years older than he really is. I'm having a hard time understanding how you can't accept this.

Among the Clouds and Iron_lord like this.
  3. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004

It's cause of that sweet bow-tie he wears. It makes him basically 99....and a P.I.M.P

4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Look at pictures of nomadic peoples, or those in hunter-gatherer societies - Berbers, Mongolians, various S. American tribes, etc. And obviously there are Mongolians that live in cities and what not, but when you look at pictures in a Nat Geo or whatever of particularly those people that are in such communities that are constantly exposed to the elements, they do not age gracefully.

Having said that, the Clone Wars does seem really short for a Galactic conflict. I mean the American Civil War was longer. WWI and WWII as well. IMO, it should have at least been 5 years, just to make it comparable to something like the European theater of WWII. But the additional two years wouldn't make a huge difference on characters' appearance.

5. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Qui gon in tpm is 3 years older then obi-wan is in a new hope, obvously what obi-wan had lived through aged him. Take for instance John Mccain, the his exprience as a pow in Vietnam turned his hair white when he was in his twenties

6. Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers

Tarkin's Fuzzy Slippers Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2014
    The ages never bothered me much. As others have said both environmental factors and personal factors can make people look older then they really are. As to Vader, remember the Darkside does bad stuff to you, on both a physical and mental level. I think the only character that they said "always" looked that way, is Tarkin(which they kinda did in the Tarkin novel), and to me at least they did seem to incorporate some of a younger Peter Cushing look into the Tarkin model that was used in TCW.

Iron_lord likes this.
  7. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    They also did a good job in revenge of the sith with make up on the actor who played tarkin in the shot of the bad guys looking at the death star, also so cool that they used Scorpious from farscape to play the young tarkin in the movie