main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Character Creation: Sat @ Cantina?

Discussion in 'Archive: Seacoast, NH' started by slappy, Feb 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slappy

slappy Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    I think that there is a bit of confusion about Saturday. Is anyone interested in meeting at the Cantina to work on character creation? I don't think anyone is ready for an actual game but it might be interesting to work on characters together (for those like me that have NO IDEA what they are doing) and work on backgrounds that have pre-built relationships. No need to start from nothing, knowing nobody. Anyone interested please just post here, otherwise I'll go bar hopping Saturday night. :)

Chris "Too Old to Begin the Training" Pyne

2. Cephas

Cephas Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2003
    I can't go. I have to work until 10:30 that night. Sunday I work until 7:00, my RPG Tournament is the following week, I had weeks mixed up. I'm off Monday and available if anyone wants to get together.

Oh, and I didn't mention it before, I do hand out 100-250 experience points for backgrounds. The more in-depth, the more points you get. Anytime a player does extra homework the GM normally awards them - within reason. (A GM also awards when he gets chips, cookies, pizza, drinks, and a player can even level up several times if he gets...uh....this is a family message board, right? Forget I was about to say anything. :-} )

-Cephas

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm game to meet up at the Cantina and banter around some ideas. I have the whole day off so name your time Slappy. I've played RPG's before so I might be able to answer some of your questions, plus I have some of the Star Wars Gamer magazines that expands on some of the SW RPG stuff, and even have some new classes, like sniper for example.

Post on here when/if you want to meet. Maybe you can help me flesh out some ideas.

4. slappy

slappy Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    I was thinking 6-ish. If that works for people. Who's going to try to show up? Remember, this is just a character development day with bits of RPG schooling for newbee dolts such as myself.

Chris "I am a Slappy, like my father before me" Pyne

5. slappy

slappy Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    Any takers?

I'll check this around 4PM Saturday. If more people aren't going to go then I'll stay home too.

Chris

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm game for around 4 Slappy. I'll bring some reference material and paper. See ya then.

7. JangoFett3263827

JangoFett3263827 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 31, 2003
    I'm good for 4 pm, what time will it end?

8. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I don't think there will be any kind of prescribed time limit... it'll be just some people getting together and talking, sharing ideas and going over the RPG experience, and maybe some questions can be asked and some answers given.

9. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    Not to twist you guys' arms or anything, but I live an hour and a half away and I'll probably be leaving early unless we finish early or I know when it will end.

10. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    No problem, as it probably won't be a long session anyway. See you at 4.

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Rik, myself and Jango got the ball rolling today at the Cantina for the roleplaying session by starting our characters. Jango is a Force Adept, Rik a Wookie and myself as a smuggler. Anyone else interested in joining to round out the group? Just a reminder that the time frame is set just after Ep. 2. Bring on the Clone War!!

12. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    I talked to Rik Sat. night, from what I hear the character creation went really well. One big question people had was money. You start with full credits at first level. So if your possible max is $,000 credits at first level, you get that much. That's important to know because equipment is expensive in the Star Wars Universe.

Also, if you want to own a ship, don't worry. Ships are easy to acquire if played right. (ex. You're in a hanger, need a fast out, hotwire someone else's rig. See what Anakin did in Ep. 2 in Coruscant!)

Any other questions? Leave a message or e-me.

We I'm available next Friday the 7th for character creation, and if everyone wants, we can maybe get some play in too if there's time. Rik suggested after 6 or 7 (I forget which he said) at the Cantina, unless people want to meet elsewhere. We could even meet earlier then move to the Cantina if people want. I'm available just about all day at this point.

-Cephas

13. RikSMaximus

RikSMaximus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2002
    Guys....I'm working all this coming weekend. Driving home from Andover MA on a Friday afternoon will put me at the CANTINA at about 6:00 pm, so I should be good for 6:00 pm (barring that I may have to eat some when I get home!). I'll watch the posts...

14. JangoFett3263827

Jan 31, 2003
    I might be able to make it Friday, i'm not quite sure though.

15. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    Hey everyone,

Just your friendly neighborhood City Rep dropping in here, to let you know, someone give me a PM or E-Mail when you are having an RPG Meeting, so I can get it posted and maybe more folks can make it. I need to know no later than 36 hours prior.

Jaded

16. slappy

slappy Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    A great big "I'm Sorry" goes out to the group. I had a few things pop up this weekend and couldn't make it to the Cantina. But, I'm ready to set solid plans for this weekend. Friday night or Saturday works for me. I HAVE been working on my character so I won't be that bad when I get there but I think the idea of a sort of "pre-game" is a great idea, esp. for those like me with little to no experience in "pen-and-paper" RPGs.

Chris

17. Cephas

Feb 23, 2003
    OK. Let's make definite plans for Friday night at 6:00 at the Cantina for additional character creation, question/answers for the game, if there's time, pre-game role-playing. Basically I'm just gonna start the game at the point of introducing your characters to the game itself. Players get to meet for the first time, etc. I hope everyone gets to come and have some fun! I'm looking forward to seeing you all there! I'll even have examples of other characters I've played or made and some other stuff too.

-Cephas

18. slappy

slappy Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2003
    I'm in.

19. Lyta_Skywalker

Lyta_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 6, 2002
    Someone please be sure to drop me a line and let me know what the schedule is so I can get it put on the website. I need to let Strawbary know no more than 24 hours prior to the meet.

Jaded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.