main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Character Spotlight, where did he come from?-Villie

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I know hes the Devornian from ANH but what is he also featured him. I hear hes got his own comic coming out shortly and Im interested on his story.

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Villie's not from ANH. He's from the Ongoing comic; he's appeared in Emissaries to Malastare, Twilight, Darkness, Acts of War, and a couple of Tales comics so far, as well as, I think Galactic Battlegrounds.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    He's not the devaronian from ANH.

He's featured in alot of prequal stories, Jedi council: act of war, and the ongoing series.

He has a few tales in tales.

He is a character in GBG you can put in your own missions.

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Yeah that what im coming from, playing as him in GBG.

5. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    You see, chissdude, when a man devaronian and a woman devaronian love each other very much....

oh, wait. Nevermind.

6. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    Villie's two-parter in the Ongoing is in March and April. Villie 'sets the record straight to the people who think he's gone soft'. It sounds like a sort of recap of the last couple years of the Ongoing. The Devorian version is SW #40 and SW #41 and Villie's first Ongoing appearance was SW #18.

7. skawookiee

skawookiee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 12, 2000
    Villie has had two stories in Tales comics published about them. One of those tales ties in loosely with the Starfighter comics that are running now, I believe.

8. jfostrander01

jfostrander01 Writer: Dawn of the Jedi, Agent of the Empire star 3 VIP

Oct 26, 2001
    Vilmahr Grahrk (Villie) is NOT the Devaronian in ANH and was created for the Ongoing Series. Jan Duursema and I devised him and our reasoning at the time was that the Episode 1 era really needed a rogue in the Han Solo tradition. . .but not as nice as Han. Villie hasn't got Han's underlying nobility. OTOH, he's a lot of fun and gets most of the best lines. THE DEVARONIAN VERSION will also define him even more.

All the best

John Ostrander

9. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ostrander, Do you consider villie's tales stories to be part of his continuity(Opposed to LFL's policy that tales aren't part of continuity)?

10. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    John...
    "THE DEVARONIAN VERSION will also define him even more."

I am so looking forward to The Devaronian Version. You're partially responsible for one of the more interesting PT characters to be created.

Keep up the good work, John!

11. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    >>Ostrander, Do you consider villie's tales stories to be part of his continuity(Opposed to LFL's policy that tales aren't part of continuity)?

Personally? Yes. And I think the tag was put on SW TALES because not ALl the stories are continuity although some COULD be. But i also accept that LFL is the final arbiter, not me.

John

12. jfostrander01

Oct 26, 2001
    >>You're partially responsible for one of the more interesting PT characters to be created.

>>Keep up the good work, John!

thanks! Jan and I both have almost TOO much fun with Villie and, sometimes, it is hard to keep him from just taking over the story. The idea came for THE DEVARONIAN VERSION when i noted to Jan that, in both TWILIGHT and DARKNESS, you could do a sort narrative right angle on the story and re-write them from villie's perspective and they'd wind up a different story. DEVARONIAN VERSION doesn't QUITE do that (Villie is NOT what we would call a "reliable narrator") but, hopefully, everyone will find it fun. We'll know soon!

John

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ya, well, I'm not sure what part of LFL, is saying they aren't part of continuity. Because from what I've seen people like you, Dan Wallace, Luceno, an article in gamer 6(that refrenced tales stories without putting the icon on it, even expanding the background information), and even cerasi, and sansweet to some degree, and others all consider that there are stories that are part of continuity, and can be refrenced as part of continuity in continuity material in other fiction(but most of them admit that there are stories that obviosly can't be part of continuity). I think the iffinities icon is pretty worthless, IMO.

I think if you think your stories are part of continuity, and you can refrence them in your works, and they are not likely to be contradicted then they must definitely be part of continuity.

14. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    I think the best explanation of what Tales should have been about was in the opening introduction in Star Wars Tales #1 - the speech by in-universe character, Peeja Mobet (DHC Editor at the time, Peet Janes' SW name?!? ?[face_plain] ).

That set the precedent of assuming they all fit with the opposite having to be proved. Now, with the explicit Infinities stamp, the default is not fitting, with the opposite having to be proved.

It's a shame that stories like Villie's Tales' ones get penalized because of it - unfairly, IMO.

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes, I agree.

"That set the precedent of assuming they all fit with the opposite having to be proved."

Though the refrence was more to the likes that they are holodramas, some may be based on actual events, and some may be drama industry making up a tale. So while all were intended to be part of continuity it was to level of holodrama recordings peddled by peeja mobet.

As well cerasi(w/sansweet) near the end of his post up on TOS basically quoted peeja(though he unfairly treated Darth Maul/Darth Vader story as not being part of continuity, but as people may know there is nothing in the story that contradicts continuity, considering its seems maul was a clone/or ressurection).

So I think personally that the maul vs. vader story should be refrenced in later fiction as being part of the history(It was a good tale and had what seemed to be Prophets of the Darkside.

On another note, from talking to a few writers and LFL continuity experts, I have discovered that LFL, want to ignore any articles made in Unofficial RPG magazines as being part of continuity, which is a shame(but I'll survive, though there is hope that they don't go through with that system and actually might refrence them, hopefully).

16. VILLIEMACE

VILLIEMACE Jedi Youngling star 2

May 15, 2001
    John, I would like to say that Villie is one of my favourite characters. He is a good balance with the jedi especially Quinlan and whenever he is in a story, he makes it that much more entertaining. I always look forward to seeing him in a story.

In fact I think he is so cool I have named one half of my forum name in honour of him. VILLIEMace.

I cannot wait to see the Deveronian version. It should be a great laugh to read.

Will Villie be making any appearences after the Deveronian Verson?

How did Darth Sidious come across Villie before Acts of War?

I very much like the Stark Hyperspace Wars by the way. Iaco Stark is a good bad guy, and it is great to see Plo Koon before he joins the Council.

I think that Villie and Nym from Starfighter are two of the best characters from the prequel era.

May the force be with you and Jan

Keep up the excellent work.

Tom AKA villiemace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.