main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Character Theme Songs

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Vong_Killer, Feb 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Why shouldn't I make fun of that music? I have hundreds of CDs and I often will pick up something I've read about, Linkin Park and Sevendust both being examples of this. I'm a music fan and it truly wasn't my bag at all, in fact it's not even really music, it's noise created by a bunch of no talent hacks hoping to cash in on the stylings of what angry teenagers think is cool this week.

...and if you don't believe me, pick up the latest Rolling Stone. Linkin Park is full of crap.

2. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Mav,

in fact it's not even really music, it's noise created by a bunch of no talent hacks hoping to cash in on the stylings of what angry teenagers think is cool this week.

Welcome to my world.

3. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Mav, so I guess the fact that Linkin Park's album has gone five time platinum means nothing then, huh? Come on man, you have no right to judge what is and isn't music. Everyone has different tastes for music. Some can actually listen to the screaming sound of Mudvayne and enjoy it, while can't stand it. But it's okay to like different music.

4. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Britney Spears is a chart topper too. Some thing just have to remain a mystery. [face_plain]

;)

5. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Hmm
    Anakin- My Sacrafice- Creed
    Luke & Liea- What a Good Boy- Barenaked Ladies (it works for 'em both)

And, if Jacen DOES turn out to be the reluctant hero of the NJO:
    Superman- Five For Fighting

6. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    Exar Kun: Enter Sandman-Metallica (when he killed all those people on Yavin 4)

Lando: Got the Life- KoRn (when he was rollin in the dough)

The GFFA itself-Dead Bodies Everywhere- KoRn (obvious reasons)

7. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "Hey Mav, so I guess the fact that Linkin Park's album has gone five time platinum means nothing then, huh?"

The fact that so many people have such bad taste boggles the mind.

8. Gotrat_the_Knight

Gotrat_the_Knight Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 23, 2001
    Ok if I here one more person says "MY Sacrifce" For Anicken I'm going to screem. Why not somthing that was acully writen by a band that has talent? For Anickin I think that Nirvanas "All appoligys" (acustic version). Because he was constentlly felling sorry about some of the things he did.

9. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    Over my Head by Lit for Anakin.......friend wanted me to add that....

10. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Kyp: Superman by Goldfinger (I think that?s who made this one. I?m not talking about the most resent superman song)

Another possibility for Kyp: Unforgiven (Classical Acoustic). I can?t even remember the words to the original version, and even if I could, I doubt that the original version could fit Kyp any better than this version.

11. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    1. Mav, stop bashing on people who like those styles of music. Just because you "have over 100 cds" that doesn't make you a music critic. Your opinion matters only to you and it's not something we all wanna here over and over again. You've made your point you don't like heavy metal.hard rock...good for you. Now get off of it.

2. You people that like those bands, so be it. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions and likes and dislikes. And if they didn't have SOME kind of talent, they wouldn't have record contracts.

As for my songs...we had this thread a long while ago, but I'm too lazy too go back and look for it so I came up with some new ones.

Luke Skywalker - Cat's In the Cradle by Cat Steven's is the song the guy who started this thread was thinking about I believe. I like "I Am A Rock" by Simon & Garfunkel for him.

Mara Jade Skywalker - I dunno, I guess that I'm A B*tch song fits but I kinda like her character so whatever.

The Voxyn - Black Dog by Led Zeppelin, the title fits, song content not really

Jaina Solo - Darkside Hyabusa by FMW, 80's style rock song. Or Break on Through by The Doors.

Kyp Durron - Sounds of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel "Hello Darkness my old friend..."

Jacen Solo - Running Down A Dream by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Anakin Solo - Sad But True by Metallica, self explainatory...hehehe.

Han Solo - Ramblin' Man by The Allman Brothers. Or A Pirate Looks At 40 by Jimmy Buffet.

I'll think of more later

12. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    Thank you darth infamous(sp?) those were good songs you picked

13. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    For Winter and Tycho the song 'absolute beginners' by David Bowie because its got a really sad sort of feel to it. And because of the forces that constantly pull them apart from each other and their love, they really are absolute beginners in love. David Bowie's "Heroes" for Han and Leia.

P.S. Does anyone else here listen to David Bowie? Or at least know who he is???!! :)

14. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001

He's that old dude that wears ladies underwear, right? 8-}

15. Mavrick889

Feb 27, 1999
    "And if they didn't have SOME kind of talent, they wouldn't have record contracts."

I'm afraid that's truly debateable 8-}

Meanwhile, I dig the choices you yourself have made!

Personally, I think Jimmy Buffet's "You'll never work in dis business again" would have worked perfectly in the Jabba/Han scene in the A New Hope Special Edition.

16. Nitro29

Nitro29 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2001
    Hey Tahiri-Solo, "Over My Head" by Lit would be perfect for Ankakin. You know why? because in the first verse of the song the lyrics are:

They want to try and build me up... (like his role in both EoV where his character was built up)

...so they can tear me down (just like his death in SBS, where many argued that his death sucked because of his character being built up)

It would be even wierder if he came back to life because one of the next lines in the song:
    They say it's over, but,man I'm still here livin'... (kinda like how everyone is saying that it's over and he's not comming back)

17. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    How about...

Creed's "My Sacrifice" for Anakin,
    Limp Bizkit's "My Way" for Palpatine,
    Scott Walker's "Only Myself to Blame" for Obi (post E III),
    Kenny Loggins' "Danger Zone" for the Rogues

18. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Um....one thing: Cat Stevens didn't do "Cats in the Cradle" that was someone else. And shoot me, I forgot his name. Harry something, I think. But not Cat Stevens. (Sorry, I'm a big fan, so I couldn't let that slide by)

That said, I think "trouble" by Cat Stevens would be good for Leia. Especially lately, because that woman is always going through hell and back.

"Knockin' on Heaven's Door" by Bob Dylan for Anakin Solo. That song actually came on just as I was reading his death and I was like 'whoa..' when I realized how fitting it was.

"Captain" Dave Matthews Band for Han Solo. :)

And Mav, I like your siggy. :)

19. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    ACK, you're right, my bad it was Harry Chapin. Bah.

20. Savle_Sostas

Savle_Sostas Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2001
    For Anakin Skywalker after he becomes Vader I'd have 'Unloveable' by The Smiths just for the line "I wear black on the outside/Because black is how I fell on the inside"

For Anakin Solo I think a pretty cool song would be '****in' In The Bushes' by Oasis.

Lando's theme should be 'This Charming Man' also by The Smiths.

No character from SW should have an Enya song inflicted on them; I think that would be described as cruel and unusual punishment.

21. JediProphet

JediProphet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    Anakin Skywalker: "In the End" by Linkin Park
    Corran Horn: "Beautiful Day" by U2
    Mara Jade: "Man, I Feel Like a Woman" by Shania Twain (come to think of it, any Shania Twain song fits her)
    Jacen Solo: "Higher" by Creed (very appropriate for him)
    Jaina Solo: "Tonight and the Rest of My Life" by Nina Gordon (it's not a really dark song, I just think that it would fit Jaina in general)
    Anakin Solo: "(good riddance) Time of your Life" by Green Day
    The NJO in general: "Walk On" by U2

22. ParanoidAni-droid

ParanoidAni-droid Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    *Nice* suggestions Salve Sostas! I especially think the Smiths songs would fit idealy. I would also say that "Last night I dreamt that somebody loved me" would be a bitter sweet progression of Anakin and Padme's love theme. Intangible, and yet so inherently tragic. And "I know it's over" deserves to be someones theme song if not simply for the line: "mother I can feel the soil falling over my head."

Also, while "This Charming man" could be Lando's present theme song, "The Sweet and Tender Hoologan" could work for his "early burglary years" ;)

23. Xani

Xani Jedi Youngling

Dec 28, 2001
    Quoting Matt Stover from above: (Where did you get that anyway?)

The (as yet unrevealable) main character of TRAITOR seemed to prefer, Gods have mercy on my sinning soul, close-harmony folk rock (Simon & Garfunkel, Mamas and the Papas -- even the Bangles).

Hmmm - ok, dating myself here with my knowledge of this music:

Hello darkness my old friend,
    I've come to talk to you again.
    Because a vision softly creeping,
    left it's seeds while I was sleeping.
    And the vision that was planted in my brain
    Still remains
    Within the Sound of Silence.

- Simon and Garfunkel

And as I watch the drops of rain
    weave their weary paths and die,
    I know that I am like the rain,
    There but for the grace of you go I.

- Paul Simon

"Kathy, I'm lost." I said,
    though I knew she was sleeping.
    "I'm empty, I'm aching,
    And I don't know why."

- Paul Simon

and the Bangles? I think maybe Matt is thinking of The Hazy Shade of Winter which is actually another Simon and Garfunkel tune.

Sounds like a brooding Jacen to me! Poor guy!

'Course - then there is:

When you're weary,
    Feeling small,
    When tears are in your eyes
    I will dry them all.

I'm on your side,
    When darkness comes,
    And pain is all around
    Like a bridge over troubled water,
    I will lay me down.

- Simon and Garfunkel

That could be Vergere? :)

Nah, I think it's Jacen!

24. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Great picks so far, I liked all the S&G picks in Xani's post and I love his handle, 'bout time somebody picked the sensual Jedi renigade as a handle. I'm going off topic.

How about: Dedicated Follower Of Fashion by
    The Kinks for Lando

Also, I am not a big Bowie fan, but I must admit, he's kinda cute in a skirt, so was John Lennon. Ewan in a kilt looks fabulous, but Prince Charles should keep his pants on, literally.

25. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    Big Exit (PJ Harvey) for Borsk
    Parallel Universe (Red Hot Chili Peppers) for Anakin Solo
    Shape The Sky (The Cult) for Nen Yim
    King of Pain (The Police) for Tsavong Lah
    Someone Take The Wheel (Replacements) for the NR
    The End (Doors) for Luke in HC5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.