main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Characters from The Clone Wars that could appear in the sequel trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    For me, the only characters that were iconic in the PT/TCW were ones that were ALREADY iconic. Obiwan, Anakin, Palpatine. I thought the exception was Cad Bane. And as I've already quoted in these forums, he would fit excellently into a Fett spin off set between ROTS and ANH. Something gritty, with plenty of action and spliced with black humour. The seedy world of the bounty hunter. I'm dreaming offcourse :(

Dra--- and Darkslayer like this.
  2. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    The word nadir sprang to mind with that story.

Shadow Trooper likes this.
  3. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I view it like this: The new films are most likely being made for general audiences and *sadly* most audiences do not know/care who people like Ashoka, Cad Bane or whatever are. If any CW character returns they'll have to explain who they are, why they are here, and where the heck they were during the events of the OT *and I have a feeling they'll make some BS reason like "Oh I was hiding!" which does not make your character look good if they were basicly hiding during a war that could have needed them*. The movie should be more focused on developing the new characters than trying to shove in as many Pt/CW *and hell even OT* characters as possible. Just my opinion

4. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    I agree totally. I sure don't think we're gonna see the O3 at the end of IX with a nice shiny happy ending that's for sure.

5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I kinda think that too but my wants for the OT3 basicly rely on their performances. If they come off as bad caricatures/relying too heavily on nostalgia instead of actual acting then I say get rid of them quickly regardless of their nostalgia, but if they give good, heartfelt performances then I would love to see their relationship with the new cast grow throughout the 3 films. For me acting performance trumps everything.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  6. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Definitely. I think the writers won't have it that way. The caricature/ nostalgia point you made. If its going to be character driven then they won't be same people 30 years down the line.

7. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I could see them tracking down Ahsoka but I doubt it.

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Since Chewie had more of a prominent role in the OT why mention him here? When I think Chewie I think OT not TCW. Its almost certain Chewie will be in it. No contest unlike Hondo, Cad Bane etc.

Darth Chiznuk and Jcuk like this.
  9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Agewise she would be the best bet.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Wookiees can live a couple hundred years too.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I was saying TCW only characters not Chewie. I know Chewie can live a long time but the TCW characters? No idea.

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I don't either; I think most of those mentioned are humanoids and probably have similar life spans.

13. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Well there was a Wookiee Youngling... so by the ST he may be a teenager in Wookiee years :p

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  14. Lord Optimus

Lord Optimus Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 30, 2011
    IMO, just because Cad Bane was not in TESB bounty hunter scene does not mean he is dead at the time. The galaxy is a big place, maybe only the bounty hunters that were near by responded to Vader's proposal. There's also the possibility that Bane was busy with another hunt, the same goes for Embo.

15. ObiAlKenobi

ObiAlKenobi Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2012
    Honestly, I think Disney is distancing themselves (for the time being) from the prequels. With the cancellation of the Clone Wars and their comments about shifting focus to a new era, I do not think we will see many prequel characters.

Dra--- likes this.
  16. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    There are three I can think of right off the bat: Darth Maul, Asajj Ventress and Mother Talzin. Trust me I just drank a Dr. Pepper.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  17. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    They could include Embo. I know there's the problem with Disney having to explain characters from the EU and The Clone Wars, but Embo doesn't really need to be explained to the general audience. All they need to know is that he's a bounty hunter with a hat that he can use to take down his opponents, all of which can be shown to the audience with a quick action scene.

So yeah, I endorse the inclusion of Embo in TCW.

18. Jcuk

Mar 16, 2013
    Cad Bane would be ideal for the ST. IF he wasn't a character that had appeared in Star Wars of some sort already. Many will know who he is, many wont. Best have all new bad guys for an all new trilogy. Best place for Bane is a Fett spin off set between ROTS and ANH. IMO.

Darth Claire likes this.
  19. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Cad Bane could also work. In just a few sentences, you could set up the fact that he's a ruthless bounty hunter who works for the highest bidder. No mention of his missions during the Clone Wars. He's probably met a ton of interesting people and doesn't feel the need to boast about it. Plus, he could've still been alive during Episode V but may have been preoccupied with something else at the time, like a mission separate from the one that Vader gave to Boba, Bossk, IG-88, etc.

The creators of Episode VII should at least have one of the characters in the story mention him at one point.

Lord Optimus likes this.
  20. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You could get uninformed general audience members psyched about Cad Bane in the new films in a manner similar to Boba Fett in ESB. TCW will simply replace the Christmas Special for where the rest of us diehards are familiar with the character from...

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Hey, I loves me some Cad Bane, just as much as anyone, but I'm not convinced that at 91, he'll still be doing all that much at the galactic level, anymore.

Actually, I'm not all that convinced Boba Fett wouldn't have killed Bane decades prior, as Fett had to get a hold of Bane's crown somehow. No, I think Jcuk is right - Bane's next appearance should be in a 'Dark Times' role.

22. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Ventress, Rex, Maul, Talzin, Offee and Ahsoka.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Some fine characters, there (personally hope to see more from Rex and Ventress), but do you really think it's a good idea to have them in these new films at 80 years old?

What role would you envision for, say, the two characters I mentioned, Rex and Asajj, at such an advanced age?

By the way, love the new sig. ;)

24. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Bane's species(the Duros) might age a lot more slowly than humans. Also, was it ever confirmed in the movies that Boba Fett was the best bounty hunter in the galaxy? I've watched ESB and ROTJ multiple times but it's been a year since I've watched any of the movies.

That said, if Bane doesn't make an appearance in the movie, he should at least be referred to by one the characters.

Rex is most likely dead by Episode VII. Not sure about Ventress, Maul, Offee, and Ahsoka appearing, but I do think Ahsoka deserves her own standalone film.

Talzin seems a likely candidate. Hell, she could even be the main villain given how powerful she is.

25. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Going strictly by the movies, Boba Fett was, on the one hand, the only bounty hunter shown to be effective at getting the job done (ESB), while being used as comedic fodder by Marquand / Lucas and taken out through a series of rediculous events (ROTJ), on the other. Taking this into consideration, I suppose given only what's on screen, it's very much in the eye of the beholder. That said, when Darth Vader himself was in need, he turned to a select group of bounty hunters aboard the Executor, so I think it's safe to assume that they all must have been very, very good at what they did. And again, of that elite group of six, only Fett was able to get away with his man.

But to answer your question another way, yes, Boba Fett has, many, many times over through the years, been straight-up referred to as greatest bounty hunter, not just of his community, his planet, or even his species, but of the entire galaxy, not just in works of the EU, but in Lucasfilm product marketing and the like, the world over. This is enough to sell me on the notion that it is Lucasfilm's official stance that, in his time, Boba Fett wore the crown.

This does not mean that I think Fett will rule forever, mind you. Times change, people grow older and a new generation of people come into their own. That is the way of things, the way of the Force. :) Your mileage may vary, of course, but I've no issue with seeing Bane as the best in his time, only to eventually be supplanted (either through Bane's retirement to other things, or through direct confrontation) by Fett.

And someday, Fett himself will no longer be Top Dog (and if one goes only by the films we've seen thus far, this time may already have come). This, I imagine, is where the ST will come into play, with an all new character appearing as the new 'Lord of the Underground.' I like Cad Bane an awful lot (I feel his characterization and portrayal were among the very best aspects of The Clone Wars), it's just that if I had to take an honest guess, I don't think we'll be seeing our favorites from TCW return in the ST. I sure would like to see some live-action Bane, someday, though.

StoneRiver and Circular_Logic like this.