main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Characters from The Clone Wars that could appear in the sequel trilogy

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Jordan1Kenobi, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    No need to worry about those of us that glorify any character, Ahsoka, Anakin, Luke, etc.

Bet you wish you had Dave's job, but you don't.

You're welcome.

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Dave lost his job.

Thanks, Disney.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    When did that happen? I thought he was just talking about how he would be on board with the next animated show?

4. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    :confused:

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Ahsoka's story has been told and it is time to move on. We already have two characters that can fill the role of wise mentor and so she is not needed. These characters have been established in the Episodic films (not in a cartoon) and so their appearance in the ST is natural and connects the films together. Ahsoka doesn't do that. Its fan service and it's not needed. As for Leia, it has been said many times but I'll say it again because it is a great point: Anyone can be a politician but not anyone can be a Skywalker.

6. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    George should edit him in for the next re-release [face_dancing]

7. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Thank god George isn't in control anymore. ;)

8. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Luke is sitting at a table with Ahsoka in the film. They might be talking. The camera zooms in towards them for 3 seconds. Leia approaches Luke, "There's something I need to show you, Luke." So he stands up and follows her. So, you would see Ahsoka for a few seconds but for the average viewer, maybe nobody would know that she was in the film. I would stick all sorts of people into the background like this. They did that with the jedi council in the Phantom Menace. You see all these jedi masters and most of them do not say anything or do anything. Maybe a few of them talk but that was it. We could see a few characters like Ahsoka, but they do not have to say anything.

For the average Joe, they may not even notice Ahsoka in the film. So the Ahsoka Fans would be like, "You remember the part where Luke is talking to Ahsoka?" The average Joe replies, "Ah-so-what? Oh, you mean that weird old lady that reminds me of the Whopi Goldberg character in Star Trek, the Next Generation?"

9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Eh, yes and no. He's still very much involved in Star Wars. In fact, he has a hand in the new upcoming Star Wars TV series.

Darth_Quintonis, Darth_Pevra and Ryus like this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not sure, but I think he's on board as an animator but not directing it.

So, as InterestingLurker said, yes and no.

Ryus and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You do know I meant the cancellation of Ahsoka: The Chosen One on Cartoon Network... but, you know I know that you knew that...

12. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    It's too bad that show got cancelled, as much as I wish I had seen it, I haven't even heard of it up until now! :eek: Are there reruns on starwars.com I can watch? ;)

13. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Yeah, actually I didn't, I thought you meant "fired" as in gone from the company and anything that has to do with Star Wars, so don't presume that I did. Also, I'm not sure why you'd give the show a nickname like that considering the fact that Ahsoka was unfortunately written like a weakling who makes stupid decisions, especially in Season 5. Remember that arc where she got rescued by a bunch of younglings? I was angry at Dave for that... Actually, I'm still angry.

Darth_Pevra, Ryus and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  14. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    [face_shhh] Shhh. It's ok. I know...

15. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    I completely agree. I think an old Ahsoka Tano would connect all the stories together. Imagine her meeting Luke. Imagine all the info Luke would gain about his father and the Jedi Order. Enough to make someone, turn to the Dark Side? Specially if the information was being presented by someone that left the order. Very Interesting!
    :eek:

Ryus and Darth_Quintonis like this.
  16. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Hopefully none of them.

17. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    People seem to forget that she is an ALIEN so if they really want to they can just turn around and say "oh by the way the Togruta people live 2x humans and age 2x slower". Wookies already live for centuries. So does Aurra Sing's species. As do Hutts. And then there's Yoda's people...

Failing that, there's always ye olde carbon freeze.

Or... and this one's my favorite, probably because it would be so uncharacteristically hard-science for SW... a ship malfunction. Imagine a control computer suffering a massive cascading failure. The ion engines jam into the full-ahead position. The ship accelerates unstoppably, reaching .999C. Simultaneously, the ship's relativistic shield fails. Being the gearhead she is, she gets the thing locked down again in a minute or two. Except that, at 99.9% of C and with the relativistic shielding offline, her couple of minutes was the rest of the universe's 30 - 40 years. Oops.

18. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Didn't forget, I mentioned the alien aging at a different rate possability in an earlier post, the post you just quoted was about carbon freezing so why bring it up, well I admit though I didnt think about that last one, haha

Jedirush2112 likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Ahsoka would be 40 in ROTJ, which isn't old (shut up you damn kids, it isn't) but if Ford, Fisher and Hamill are coming back, there is no way the film will be set directly after ROTJ. It would need to be set when the Big Three are in their 50s or 60s, which leaves Ahsoka in her 70s or 80s.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  20. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I've sometimes thought that something like that would be interesting to have explored in a SW novel. Particularly from the POV of a Force-user. What would it feel like through the force, when one was undergoing high-ratio time dilation? Would they be able to feel the flow of time accelerating relative to them? It would be kinda hard to address those in a movie or tv show... unless you saw it depicted and then there was a novelization of said movie and it contained a bit more exposition on the actual experience.

You would see all kinds of wierd stuff too. By the time you got to really high cee-fractional velocity, looking out the front window you'd be able to see the CMB with your naked eye, blueshifted all the way up into the visible spectrum.

Sorry for that little tangent there but there it is.

21. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Stand alone Embo film, directed by Kevin Smith. That is all.

22. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Embo is basically Kung Lao. He was kinda "cool" but I was glad he wasn't given too much exposure.

A standalone Cad Bane film on the other hand...

The fun thing is a film that follows Cad Bane, Boba Fett, Aurra Sing or whoever in the ROTS-ANH gap can have encounters / cameos galore by people like Lando or even Han... and exposit a little more of their backstory in the process. Or if not a living character, it could exposit, say some of the previous history of the Millenium Falcon, or whatever it might be named at the time (it had a bunch of names over the years).

23. Jedirush2112

Jedirush2112 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2013
    Actually it could take place after ROTJ. Them being as old as they are is not really an issue. Not Necessarally! Not anymore. They can scan there image and capture their proformance and then create a younger version of themselves through CGI. Just like Arnold naked return in the last terminator flick.

;)

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Yeah... that would be recieved well.

25. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I know a couple jcf members who would recieve a young naked Mark Hamill well /rimshot