main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Characters in Episode 3

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Bunny, Jun 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Hey, I just read an interview with Daddy George Lucas and he said that he's trying to work characters from the OT and EU into the movie just as passing mentions, really. No plot points, just so us nerds can go 'ooo! It's so-and-so.' So I was just wondering what characters would you all like to see pop up in Ep3?
    For me, I vote for:
    a little Han Solo... or a little Lando
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Mon Mothma (although I don't see how Lucas can start the Rebellion without her - she'll have to be in it)
    and
    Grand Admiral Thrawn (I'd KILL to see Thrawn, I do love him so)

2. Zam-the-Assasin

Zam-the-Assasin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Hmm....good one BUnny! hehe...
    Well.......lets see....who would I want to see show up in Ep3???......

first, I think that Moff Tarkin would be an interesting character to see...it would give you a little more insight on how he came into the Empire and how his "friendship" with darth vader came into play (you notice in ANH, they seem to be somewhat close).....

Mon MOthma, definitely, she is a fan favorite, and to see her pop up somewhere would be really awesome....

Han Solo would be cool, but since the twins would be babies, so would he, so that probably wouldnt work :(

Chewie would be cool, but ever since I met the total Jerk-off (no joke) himself, Peter Mayhew, I have no interest in Chewie anymore :(

and last but not least, I think that *at least* a cameo from Aurra SIng would be nice, since the reason she was hastily thrown into Ep1 was never really explained ........

3. CITIZEN_SKYWALKER

CITIZEN_SKYWALKER Jedi Youngling

Jan 31, 2002
    Dude, Han Solo could be a ten year old kid in Episode III

By ANH rolls around, it's been confirmed that he was 30 and Leia and Luke were in the 18-20 age range.

Grand Moff Tarkin needs to be in Episode III, as well as Mon Mothma. Just to assist the flow into the OT.

For pure entertainment; Several of the Rebel General could be shown in the Imperial Navy. As well as mention of Grand Admiral Thrawn and Joruus C'Baoth.

Plus, showing someone like Bevel Lemelisk and Momaw Nadon working on the Geonosians plans for the Death Star. That would be cool.

4. tinkerwench

tinkerwench Jedi Youngling star 1

May 29, 2002
    Mon Mothma!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the casting directors see my costume version of her soon - I want the part
    *snort*

5. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Tarkin, Mothma, Chewie (even though Mr. Mayhew is a butt), and Thrawn would be awesome!

Even though the continuity wouldn't be quite right, I'd love to see Xizor.

6. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    Thrawn is my first choice. He's my third favorite character in the entire saga, which says a lot since he wasn't in any of the films and I typically despise the EU stuff. He doesn't need to speak or anything, but it would be uber-cool if there was a shot of the Emperor with Vader and a bunch of their loyalists and standing amongst them was this blue-skinned, black-haired, red-eyed dude. That would be great.

-John

7. bossknopp

bossknopp Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2002
    Im more interested in seeing more in depth character developement not lucas throw ins to make more action figures.I know Tarkin has to be in it but I feel it will be a small part.I think we will see the death of padme amidala with the children being very young then the kids will be split up as anakin becomes more evil for their protection.We have seen how he reacted to his mothers death padmes death would be enough to push him over.These are just thoughts but it should be a very intense emotional film not a throw together for Lucas to say thats it got it out of the way now give me your money.I dont care if we see any EU characters,I enjoy the books but they have their place.Seeing JarJar do hand to hand combat with an ewok would stir more emotion.LOL.

8. obi-wan-bartak

obi-wan-bartak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2001
    i do believe han solo is 12 years older than luke and leia, so he could be in episode 3 with his father or whoever he is living with during the episode 3 timeperiod. So a grade school han solo and younger chewbacca would be cool.

9. Bunny

Bunny Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Getting character development from George Lucas is like trying to squeeze whiskey from a lemon. That's why I'm an EU fan and I almost peed myself when I read that Timothy Zahn is writing a new SW book with THRAWN! Who is also my favourite EU character! ;)
    I'd love to see him. Love, love, love. I doubt it though.
    This might be spoilerish, so if you want to be spoiler free, or avoid all discussion of EP3, don't read, OK?
    Well, I don't know how Padme would die considering Leia remembers her as being 'beautiful, but sad.' Anakin might *think* she's dead, but I don't see how Lucas can just kill her off. I'm absolutely terrified that Lucas is going to make Padme start the rebellion (as opposed to Mon Mothma). If he does, it'll be another in a long list of things he's stolen from other characters. GRR! It will be just awful. Yuck. I'm not too overly fond of the character of Padme anyway. I mean, I thought she was supposed to be a strong, smart woman! So why does she run off and marry Anakin after he slaughters a whole tribe of Tuskens and throws his temper tantrums?? Just... ugh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.