main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Characters in Rebels, Who Will Show Up and Who Do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, May 21, 2013.

1. SerRoel

SerRoel Jedi Master

Oct 7, 2013
    Vader, Tarkin, Emperor (brief), Bail, Mon and other rebels and senators, r2d2 and C3po, Rahm Kota, Quinlan Vos, K'Kruhk, Conner Freeman and of course Boba and company. I think jedis should only have minor roles, but thats not gonna happen.
    And characters I don't wanna see are MAUL, starkiller and other resurrected people.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Man wait for Rebels to get underway a bit and Marek gets brought in, and then next thing you know the Ahkiller or StarSoka ships start setting sail... [face_sick]

Well, I like to think there'd be apt to be less silly shipping here than on some places. But some level of it is likely anywhere I guess.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Those ships started a while back on FF. [face_sick]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Why does everyone want Starkiller so much in Rebels?

6. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    He's highly recognizable, and to a significant portion of the fandom, well loved. He's a prominent figure during this time period, his role as a Jedi hunter and Sith/Imperial assassin lends itself well to the vibe we're told Rebels will have, and his presence would help connect Rebels with the larger universe. There's also the fact that he's Sam Witwer's most identifiable character; Witwer has a good relationship with the fandom, is himself quite the Star Wars fan—films and EU—and an active part of the universe, and has been quite vocal about his desire to return to the role of Galen Marek/Starkiller.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Starkiller is possibility but he shouldn't appear in the first seasons of the show. Maybe he could replace Inquisitor if he dies or something.

I think we will see: Emperor, Vader,Bail Organa, Mon Mothma, Darth Maul, Jabba the Hutt, Hondo, Ahsoka, Wilhuff Tarkin, Boba Fett, Bossk, Dengar, Lux Bonteri, Saw Gerrera, Ramsis Dendup, Baron Papanoida and his daughters, Wulff Yularen, R2 and 3PO
    We may also see: Obi-Wan, Yoda, Ackbar, Lee-Char, Han, Chewbacca, Lando, Rotta the Hutt(let), Greedo, Cad Bane, Aurra Sing, Jar Jar Binks, Boss Nass or Boss Lyonie, Mas Amedda, Sly Moore, Cody, Wolffe, Thire, Shaak Ti, Carlist Rieekan, Lott Dod, Quinlan Vos, Atai Molec, Cut Lawquane and his family or any character from the old Droids tv-series
    I really want to see: Mar Tuuk, Riyo Chuchi and Jan Dodonna who never appeared in TCW while I would have hoped...

Other possibilities are EU-characters like Garm Bel-Iblis, Rahm Kota, baron Tarko and Borsk Fey'lya

Maul is already resurrected (which was dumb) so I see no more harm done if he is actually used. He is after all quite a great asset for the show.

Starkiller's resurrection though cloning however.... I think that TFU2 was such a failure but I liked the Imperial Cato Neimoidia. Hopefully that appears in the show- kind of Galactic Las Vegas and neimoidian slaves- so cool.:cool:

8. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I want to see Wookies

9. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Bull's-eye.

Just tone down the video game Force powers to G/T-Canon levels, and I'm absolutely on board with Marek having a role in Rebels.

For that matter, I'd like to see Kota and his militia, too.

Darth_Pevra and Mia Mesharad like this.
  10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I want to see Ewoks.

Preparing Ahsoka Tano as the main course at a meal in Han Solo's honor.

12. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    My vote goes towards Boba being the main course for Han. Ahsoka should be the main course in Chewbacca's honor..

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012

Have Wicket slice up Ahsoka into pieces then into the frying pan she goes :p

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  14. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I don't even know who he is. :D

15. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    He is also known as Galen Marek.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Galen_Marek

16. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Thanks! *reading* Wha-...? So Vader is now secretly one of the founders of the Rebellion? *will refuse to read any further*

darklordoftech and Darth_Pevra like this.
  17. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    It's ****ing awful, if you ask me. The Force-users don't have to have a hand in every galactic event; the rebellion is special because it is common folk rising against the nigh omnipotent Sith overlords, and if the Sith are responsible for it, it completely ruins why it is significant. The Force Unleashed didn't occur in my head-canon.

18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Head-canon FTW.

darklordoftech likes this.
  19. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Vader, followed by Vader hunting Jedi, then more Vader. Then top it off with some Vader, and maybe a little Vader. Aww hell, just for kicks, throw in some Vader!

fett 4 likes this.
  20. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011

One of the few retcons I look forward to.

A dark warrior drops in front of the main cast, whipping his lightsaber around wildly with a malevolent glint in his eye, finally holding it behind him in a combat stance. The hero raises an eyebrow and unceremoniously guns him down with one blaster shot.

"Who was that idiot?" wonders the hero, while the rest of his crew steps over the still smoking corpse.

Darth_Pevra and darklordoftech like this.
  21. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Oh man, I totally want to like this comment. But overusing Vader doesn't do the character any good.

22. VanishingReality

VanishingReality Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2013
    Considering how epic Anakin's characterization was in the Clone Wars, I am very excited about how Vader will be portrayed. They really can't leave it hanging, when they had such great build up to the ROTS turn.

"Remember the main protagonist of our last series that was a horrible ticking time bomb to villainy? Presenting the return of...Thong Gascon!"

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Better buildup than AOTC, if you ask me.

I'm ready for an epic Vader-Ahsoka confrontation, complete with a lightsaber battle and maybe a turn to the dark side (please? pretty please?).

24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    So... basically this, in Star Wars then...

Could be interesting. :)

25. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'm certainly not unsympathetic to your concerns over the depiction of the Rebel Alliance, as I agree that the everyman nature of the rebellion is a large part of its charm. That said, as far as in-universe, I can, of course, see the benefit of welcoming a gifted Force-user to the cause (though this tends to step on the toes of Luke, and what he uniquely brought to the table). Not only that, but the EU already had a long-standing history of introducing other Force-users to the cause of the both the Alliance and the fledgling New Republic, so it didn't feel like much of a new thing to me. Still, that Luke was no longer considered to be the one to introduce the Force to side of the Alliance is an annoyance to me.

Should Marek ever show up in the higher levels of canon, there are definitely things beyond the over-the-top Force powers I'd rather were changed, specifically the particulars of his victories over Vader and Sidious, which I not only find highly improbable, but inappropriate for the larger saga, as a whole (where it jeopardizes even more critical aspects of Luke's story).

Marek's turn to the light side, along with its attendant love story, was a bit ham-fisted and overly-simplistic, for my liking, as well, but - fairly or not - as with the Force powers and the need for a final victory over a 'big boss,' I tend to put it's shortcomings largely down to the video game setting.

I know it sounds like there's nothing I do like about the guy and his story, but this is not the case. There are definite qualities of the first TFU game, it's characters and storyline that I appreciate. I think there is the kernel of an interesting character and the potential of an intriguing story within the game. Mia Mesharad did a fine job of stating the case for including Starkiller during his service to Vader (though it would seem The Inquisitor has been created for somewhat the same purpose), not to mention the benefit of including Witwer in the role, too.

I do see potential. It's just that, were it up to me, in order to ensure the proper tailoring of the story to the saga at large, there are a few things I'd be certain to alter a bit prior to green-lighting a Rebels, Live Action Show, or even a potential stand-alone feature film appearance for the character of Galen Marek.