main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Characters in Rebels, Who Will Show Up and Who Do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, May 21, 2013.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, it's The Peculiar Hat Crew.

2. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Palpatine heard a legend that peculiar hats amplify the Dark Side.

3. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Especially the ridiculous tampon hat one of them is wearing.

purplerain likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    A tampon is not what I thought of first.

5. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    How about boner hat? (I think I'll just leave it there with trying to give the silly tall hat a name).

6. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Maybe Greejatus, being anti-alien, assasinated Moore and Amedda.

7. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    When I think of it, If they were to appear and get a scene or two, it could possibly end up being like this:

[​IMG]

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    He did, but that's not Pestage in that image. He never appeared in ROTJ or any of its promotional material. Don't worry, it's a common misconception. :-B

9. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Wookieepedia's not always right.

10. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I only say that because of the Inquisitor's role in Rebels. If there aren't ANY Jedi left in the universe, who is he going to be hunting down? I assume there will be some or the character's usefulness is going to be suspect at best. Do we want him always trying and failing to hunt and kill Obi-Wan and Yoda? I can only imagine the backlash if that were the case.

11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Again...the word "prominent."

I never once said that Obi-Wan and Yoda were the only Jedi left at the end of Order 66. Only that the remaining ones, I hope, would not be stupid enough to make themselves "prominent."

12. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    Oh okay, by prominent I meant being shown in the series, not prominently revealing themselves to the rest of the galaxy. I do feel that any remaining Jedi would want to hang onto a database of Jedi weaponry, however, seeing that any of the other collections of knowledge in the Jedi Temple would have surely been destroyed by Palpatine and or Vader.

purplerain likes this.
  13. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
  14. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    Thrawn is probably number one on my wishlist.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

My only opinion on that is that anyone in possession of such a database would be signing his or her own death warrant if it were discovered by the Empire, so it would not travel around on a ship, it would probably be hidden away as well as Obi-Wan hid his lightsaber. Actually being in possession of a database would be worse than being in possession of a lightsaber, as the Empire would assume (correctly) that the only motivation for holding onto such a database would be to restart the Jedi Order. One could be in possession of a lightsaber just for use as a personal weapon, no more or less. Which would be considered the greater crime?

So a Jedi holding onto a weapons database would be either bold as hell or suicidal. That's not to say it couldn't happen, but I will be annoyed if it's actually traveling around on the Ghost, held two inches under the Inquisitor's nose without him knowing what it is, etc.

16. Darth Kickass

Aug 3, 2013
    I agree completely with your assessment. I think it would more likely be involved in an episode arc as opposed to occurring throughout. It's just another one of those hanging threads from TCW that I think could be further explored in this series. I'm not even sure that having a hidden Jedi being a member of the Ghost crew is that great of an idea.

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I used to be pretty good with JRR Tolkien's Dwarf language in the 9th grade, but that's the extent of my knowledge of fictional languages. You guys seriously rule!

18. purplerain

Sep 14, 2013
    Sly Moore and Mas Amedda

19. DavraCahan

DavraCahan Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 3, 2013
    Two words: Bria Tharen.

A handful more words: I'd love to see her being involved with the early rebellion in the show. Possibly as one of the main characters and not just a face in the background. The Han Solo Trilogy by A.C. Crispin was probably the biggest influence to my formative years as a die hard Star Wars fan and I've always wanted to see more of those characters.

20. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The best place to hide such a database would be in space itself. A tiny object the size of a USB thumb drive, deposited into an independent orbit around the galactic core, in a deep space region far from from any star. One need only memorize its drop off location and the particulars of its orbit to find it again. If these are too complicated to memorize, they can be split up so that they don't look like the information they are (starting point, orbital velocity and inclination) and stored somewhere.

To anyone without that information, the database would be essentially statistically impossible (or infinitely improbable, if you will) to find.

Darth Kickass and Circular Logic like this.
  21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I want to see Jabba go crazy in this show.

22. Lord Ctessor

Lord Ctessor Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2013
    Muurg is awesome and we need to see more of him.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    and Mrrov!

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I haven't read Crispin's books so I won't speak on the characters in general, they might be fine, but I don't want any sort of focus on a pre-Leia Han Solo romance.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Leia is only in there for like a page. In a hologram message in the first book but doesn't speak. Mentioned by Winter later on in the 3rd book. Read the trilogy!