Rebels Characters in Rebels, Who Will Show Up and Who Do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Slowpokeking, May 21, 2013.

1. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I think it would be interesting to explore the "separatist movement" to some extent - seeing as how they were basically revolutionaries themselves (even if it was just on the surface- Dooku was the only one who really knew that). There should be characters who were separatist commanders leading the rebellion - they already have experience in trying to fight against a broken government. Heroes on Both Sides showed that the Separatists believed in their cause and it was somewhat a just cause - having characters like mina bonteri involved would be awesome (like her, not her - I know she's dead...and please don't bring up bieber).
    Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  2. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    Add Mina Bonteri to the resurrection list.
    Last edited by Darth Valkyrus, Jan 30, 2014
  3. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    Mothma, Bail, Dodonna, Ackbar, etc.
  4. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Oh hell.
    Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  5. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
  6. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Doctor Evazan and Ponda Baba (a.k.a Pignose and his brother-in-law Scott who's visiting from Hoth).
  7. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm well aware of the contradictions that would result, but I feel like it would be fitting for Valorum to help start the Rebellion.
  8. anotherdemon Jedi Master

star 2
    Trench leading a rebel fleet.

You know you want it.
  9. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    Bolvan, who refuses to shoot at anything ;)
  10. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    @anotherdemon Trench leading a Rebel fleet and being absolutely rampant and the Empire getting its butt kicked and Trench looking unstoppable... and then the Empire breaks out Thrawn and throws him Trench's way.
  11. anotherdemon Jedi Master

star 2
    And depending on what Trench finds out about the clones and order 66..., if he isn't killed by the powers that be, there's room for him to be a very important character, even if he's not abundant. He could be the voice that brings many ex-Separatists to the Rebellion (I tend to think a lot of the Rebellion's combat power probably comes from CIS stock, but I also think the ex-Separatists will be war-weary and would tow the line with the Empire unless something damning came out about the war). But, he'll probably be killed by the Sith before that time.
  12. grandmoffgann Jedi Padawan

Cody Sunn-Childe

I'm not sure but I seem to remember some of the separatist council from Ep 2 were not on Mustafar in Ep 3. I would love to see them in Rebels. Tranch and any other remaining separatist officers would be great, as would anyone from the Droids cartoon.

I do NOT wish to see a 13-year old Mara Jade, Princess Leia or the actual Rebel Alliance. I think the show should focus on the rebel movement before the Alliance was formed. We've already had a million stories on how and when the Alliance was formed.
  13. newdawn12 Force Ghost

star 4
    But those stories were not canon.
  14. grandmoffgann Jedi Padawan

There is no more "canon" according to the story group (if there ever was). It was always changing so much I never followed it anyway. And even if they aren't in the new continuity, why tell stories that have already been told? I'm in favor of telling new stories.
    Last edited by grandmoffgann, Feb 1, 2014
  15. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    What stories are we talking about here?
  16. grandmoffgann Jedi Padawan

Stories of how the Rebel Alliance was formed. As described Rebel Dawn, The Force Unleashed, and other reference books. I hope Rebels steers clear of that.
  17. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    [face_sick]

I had heart palpitations just at the thought of him being a regular.
  18. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
    Can I name non-character things that i want to see in Rebels? I want to see Alderaan.
  19. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Grand Master

star 3

No you can't. Its not allowed. You're fired. Clean out your desk.
  20. AkshayTheJedi Jedi Master

star 1
  21. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    In response to a post made in the Vader/Anakin thread.

I really don't know if they'll bring her back or not. Filoni was asked, I think in an IGN interview about the possibility of TCW characters appearing and he played coy. I think Ahsoka is really the prominent character whose fate was left up in the air. Yes, she didn't die, but there also was no closure to the character IMO in that she leaves to go find out where she fits in the galaxy, and we never found out what exactly she decided.

On the other hand, Filoni seemed pleased that he didn't have to kill her off, so I don't see him wanting to bring her back to kill her off.

As far as her getting involved. Obi-Wan waited 19 years before getting an invitation from Bail (via Leia) to help the Rebel Alliance. Ahsoka could just as easily be laying low until she catches wind that there is a Rebel movement organizing against the Empire.

She had her problems with the Republic towards the end of The Clone Wars. I can't really see her watching the Republic turn into the Empire, all her former comrades being gunned down as traitors, with Miss Idealism just saying "oh well" and not looking for opportunities to bring the Empire down.

She never became a Knight, never passed the trials, never had complete control of her emotions (she leaves the Jedi on a grudge), etc. If she cropped up again, she might even be strongly conflicted and a little ticked off. Not a stoic Jedi mentor.
  22. purplerain Force Ghost

star 4
  23. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Chosen One

star 4
    I wonder if Admiral Screed will make an appearance?
  24. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    My instinct tells me he'll bring her back and not kill her off.

Does anyone really think he'll be able to resist?

Maybe it'll be a blink and you'll miss it cameo, but she's going to show up at some point, assuming the show doesn't get a quick cancellation.

Personally, now that it's been decided that she survives the Clone Wars, for me that's closure.

What does she do? I assume she disappears from relevancy. Not everyone's life has some dramatic closure to it.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. Katarn's Beard Jedi Knight

Asajj Ventress could possibly show up.

Boba Fett will at some point.

I want to see Kyle Katarn.