main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Characters in Rebels, Who Will Show Up and Who Do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, May 21, 2013.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I think we need to see Bariss in Rebels

Kentoa likes this.
  2. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Plus, it would reduce the dark side from a galaxy-changing cosmic power to a drug.

3. Darth Chagaros

Darth Chagaros Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2014
    Bric, the funny lookig purple guy from Kamino.

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    You could look at it this way.

But there's also another way to look at it. She's a lying terrorist. Her motive to protect the Jedi was an excuse. In truth she just wanted to get revenge. That's why she was willing to blow up her own peers and that's why her final speech was full of hatred. The slave she was to the order wanted takeback for all the horrific things she had to endure.

All it would take would be her saying "The Empire made me realize that the Jedi were corrupt and need to be destroyed" on camera and her motives for serving them are plain to see.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I want to see Rex,Vader,Hondo,Cad Bane and Obi one somehow.

I already know we have seen obi one and Vader but I mean really see them.

CoolyFett and TheSilentInfluence like this.
  6. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    No Obi for me. The rest I'd love to see.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hologram Obi was enough for me.

8. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, no more Obi.

Like to Yoda at some point; something similar to him sense a disturbance within the Force.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

The reason why I want obi is because we all now he will show up eventually so we might as well embrace it.

10. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    I think we will see him once or twice more but hopefully not more than that. Would be awesome if he helped Zeb, Hera or Sabine.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

The best way they could do it as him helping them but not revealing his identity.

12. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Depends on if they've seen the holocron or not. Obi-Wan 14 years later would look different but would be interesting to see of they could connect the dots.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Yes it would and there is only one place I can see them seeing obi is on tatooine.

14. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I'd be shocked if the Ghost crew doesn't make it to Tatooine at some point. I could see Kanan meeting up with Obi-Wan and being told to lay low and wait for Luke to be ready or something like that.

15. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    That would be a really, really sucky motive for her though. That's JINO-level incompatible with previous characterization.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I would love to see Kanans reaction to seeing Obi one and also I think he should find out that obi one could still be alive by an imperial wanted poster like this
    http://www.giantbomb.com/images/1300-2589209

17. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    "I'm trying to reach LANDO CALRISSIAN..."

18. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    @ Kablob
    How old are you? It is common for terrorists around the world to carry noble causes, noble excuses. That doesn't mean they are noble.

Barriss motives always struck me as a lie. Blow up your friends to protect them? That's seriously delusional and made me suspect there was always something more sinister behind her behavior. Revenge explains everything she's done. The girl who had to keep her anger inside all her life suddenly breaks and lashes out at those that made her miserable.

I think you've fallen so in love with your own view of the character that you can't see alternatives, even if they fit with what was shown so far.

19. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    CANNOT WAIT to see Lando

TheSilentInfluence and Ventrix like this.
  20. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I'm sorry, but what the hell does my age have to do with anything?

I'm just trying to make a Barriss that actually somewhat makes sense with her previous characterization. But apparently you think "lol im dark side now" is a better explanation for her actions.

21. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    What the hell are you talking about? She was already a darksider in the wrong jedi. Having her go from murderous, hateful terrorist to murderous hateful inquisitor is not much of a stretch, especially when imperial interrogators get their hands on her. It's almost as if you've seen different episodes in which she wasn't a brutal killer.

22. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014

Uh, did you actually watch season 2?

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  23. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    I'll tell you what I remember. Perfect Jedi child, always putting the needs of the many over the needs of the few, while neglecting her own needs. Pretty one-note and unengaging compared to Ahsoka. No wonder she snapped. It follows the old saying of "beware of the quiet ones".

But in truth I wasn't overly impressed with the way she got handled. It's like they needed some random Jedi as murdertraitor and chose her only because she was a friend to Ahsoka. Barriss was a plotdevice.

But having her appear as Inquisitorix would be a hell of a lot more interesting than having her be dead. The Empire would make good use of ex-Jedi and there is a certain meaning to the mistreated members of the orders rising up to destroy their own brothers and sisters.

CoolyFett likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I agree with you about her being a plot device, and I don't have a problem with her appearing as an Inquisitor-type character.

That said, I'm hoping that every single plot line with the agenda of "let's make the audience think about how terrible the Jedi are" died with TCW.

25. skygawker

skygawker Jedi Knight star 3

May 25, 2014
    I don't think Barriss was one-note in her earlier appearances. She was clearly meant to be a foil for Ahsoka, and having her around let them explore how more traditional Jedi were reacting to the war. I thought it was cool to get another perspective during their conversation about Jedi being keepers of the peace vs. warriors.

I also don't think she'd be an Inquisitor.

Sure, but that doesn't mean that they'll go against their own causes and excuses. Even if Barriss was deluding herself by thinking she was going about things the right way, she chose a very specific wrong path to go down - she wouldn't just join up with any hateful/violent cause. There was a certain cause she was crusading for (anti-war, anti-Jedi participation in war) - her actions weren't noble, but she thought they were, so there's no reason for her to jump on the opposite bandwagon.

I can sort of see where they were coming from in trying to show that the Jedi were to some extent misguided, being forced to make hard choices between bad options and worse options, perception clouded by the dark side of the Force thanks to Palpatine, etc., but it did get a little heavyhanded at times. Like, they could have had the exact same plotline as the Season 5 finale with a little more exploration of why the Jedi didn't have much choice other than to do what they did with regards to Ahsoka - it could have been less black-and-white than the way it was presented to us.

(I mean, yes, it's a twenty-minute-long cartoon, obviously they couldn't have gone into that sort of thing too deeply, but they still could have framed it as being a more complex issue).

Kablob and TheSilentInfluence like this.