main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Characters in Rebels, Who Will Show Up and Who Do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, May 21, 2013.

1. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    If Mara Jade does make an appearance she should be a fellow student at whatever facility they took Zare's sister to.

Just saying and ditto on Rex making an appearance!

2. Kassius Konstantine

Kassius Konstantine Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2015
    Good question! Is Yularen still considered an ISB officer? Irrc, he was only identified as such because somebody came up with the idea that the white uniforms are ISB uniforms.
    Now only (new) canon ISB uniform we have seen is that of Kallus, which looks nothing like the white.
    Has this been discussed before? I would appreciate some opinions.

As for the topic itself, my list is not terribly surprising:
    - Ahsoka
    - Barris
    - Yularen
    - Hondo
    - Chuchi
    - Motti
    - Veers

darklordoftech likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

If I am not mistaken the Empire lasted until around 20-30abby.

4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

He is still an ISB Agent and not only that he is in charge of it.

5. Kassius Konstantine

Mar 1, 2015
    Thanks for the reply. Where is this stated? And, more important to me personally, how do they explain the different uniforms? I am very much interested in such questions.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Its Stated in the Novel Tarkin and what do you mean by different Uniforms.

7. N00b32

N00b32 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2015

In ANH, he wears a white uniform. ;)

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Oh ya that, Thats never explained.

9. Kassius Konstantine

Mar 1, 2015
    Strange. They could have given Kallus a white uniform too (while still retaining body armour and helmet), making is ISB identity stand out. Perhaps the ISB changed its uniform later on, or they have several sets for different duties. Who knows. I just hope it gets explained one day - best by Yularen in the show.

10. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Kallus is in battle armor while Yularen isn't and Kallus is an Agent while Yularen is a Colonel.

11. Octavian Dibar

Octavian Dibar Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2015
    Regarding the inclusion of Mara Jade into Rebels, I think that it can be done, but only very carefully. If she's brought into the show, I'm not even sure that she should have any speaking roles. I know that this sounds drastic, but there is a method to my madness.

She is a top-level agent of the Emperor, who's existence was not widely known even among the top rungs of the Empire. She shouldn't be directly introduced to the characters or be a central character because that kind of ruins the mystery. She should always be a character in the background. Visible but not too visible. For example:

- She could be a red-haired imperial technician repairing a terminal in the background while Agent Kallus and Minister Tua have an important discussion. Maybe that "technician" behaves slightly oddly, such as casting glances in Kallus and Tua's direction every so often.

- She could be the lady-friend of an Imperial Admiral, who hangs on his arm during a party or social reception. She can play the air-headed socialite when she's directly in front of the camera, but maybe we see her suspiciously slip away from the party while she's in the background.

By not directly acknowledging that it's Mara Jade, it keeps the audience guessing and it enhances her mystique of being an agent of the Emperor's. If you keep her notable features, i.e. young woman, red hair...etc, the audience members that are familiar with the character will have a good idea that it's her, but will never be able to fully prove it. It'll drive them crazy debating the issue, but they'll love the mere fact that it could be her. Always leave the audience wanting more.

Iron_lord and yellowturtle like this.
  12. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
  13. Kassius Konstantine

Mar 1, 2015
    When Tarkin and Veers were in battle dress with armour, they just added helmet and body armour - they certainly did not switch their uniform tunic's colours. (Not to mention we have seen Kallus doing paperwork in the headquarter wearing the same uniform; of course for budget-limitations of the show, but that is no in-universe explanation).
    Rank might be a better explanation, although some question remain. There were plenty of white uniformed men on the Death Star who were identified as ISB personnel by the old EU. Do they all outrank Kallus? (Quite possible as they all looked older). What rank level permits the white uniform? Why does the ISB have such a regulation anyway when the navy dresses everyone from Lt. to Admiral in the same tunic colour? Not impossible, but it needs some more explanation imho.

14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Empire and New Republic had a treaty ending the war in 19 ABY. It was then known as the Imperial Remnant to the Galaxy but was still the Empire to them. They joined the GA during the NJO series. The Empire survived until 130 ABY and became the dominant power and then 8 years later became a coalition government with the GA and the Jedi.

The Empire started collapsing again after Thrawn's death but thanks to Palpatine return that prolonged the Empire for a little while longer.

15. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    He must be a Grand Admiral :p

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yularen is thrawn.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    disguised as a human

18. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Another thing about the Death Star - a lot of people were wearing orange rank squares, which we virtually never see outside of ANH.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  19. Kassius Konstantine

Mar 1, 2015
    Yeah the DS rank insignia are a horror to analyse... and worse: Kallus has a grey/transparent rank square, which is totally unique and only used for him iirc.
    (Another tricky question: how high is Kallus's rank actually?)

20. Kentoa

Kentoa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 2, 2014
    I don't want to see these guys on Tatooine, but one of those "12 systems"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd like to see Tarkin with a holo of Dooku to tie my Boys Characters together. :)

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

That could be interesting.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  23. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Dude what!!!! Hell yea!!! These are the guys I want to see the most!! My favorite Star Wars Bullies, I know one of them is a doctor or something, but man I love that scene from ANH! People often lust over that stupid effing Greedo and Han scene. But this scene with Obi Wan Luke and these 2 guys is the best.

He doesnt like you

Im sorry

I DONT LIKE YOU EITHER!!!

24. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    - Mas Amedda

- Porkins

- Jon Vander

- Garven Dreis

25. Jedi Knight Fett