main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Characters in Rebels, Who Will Show Up and Who Do You Want to See?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Slowpokeking, May 21, 2013.

1. moonjump05

moonjump05 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 14, 2013
    Maybe clone!Aayla has a biochip too... the trigger phrase could be something like 'hot Twi'lek' and then she goes on a murderous rampage.

2. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Maul is alive. And Maul was still alive as he fell down the shaft back in TPM, he was never technically dead, just gravely wounded like Vader in ROTS.

Human beings can survive such an injury:

http://metro.co.uk/2007/07/09/miracle-man-walks-again-513316/

But Maul isnt human, he's a Zabrak/Dathomirian hybrid plus he's a full fledged Sith Lord and the darkside is a pathway to abilities some consider unnatural - Maul is an example of that, plus he has a very powerful will for survival and survives very close calls so the will of the Force is also clearly on his side. ^:)^

But yeah, Secura's tube top aint made out've Traviss' Mandalorian iron:

[​IMG]

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Clone Aayla... aka Aaayla. or Aaylaa or something. :eek:

Running with the EU theme... IIRC clones made from Force-sensitive hosts tended to be mentally unstable for some reason. They usually ended up turning to the Dark Side (if they weren't raised in it to begin with). So maybe evil clone Aaayla Secura, Imperial Inquisitor, Emperor's Hand et al.

Nah. Sounds like a ridiculous idea that would cheapen the show.

Sudooku and moonjump05 like this.
  4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003

That just gave me an idea, but Filoni has already mentioned the possibility that some Inquisitors may be ex-Jedi, which I personally find ridiculous. Because if Palpatine so feared a bunch of kids that he had Anakin even kill the padawans, then I can't see him being like "OK, sure. I trust you Jedi to serve me." Another thing that I think would be an elephant in the room is that no Jedi are really being brought back to Coruscant to face trial, or so it seems. None of them are really getting arrested.

If I were a Senator or something, I'd just think it would be extremely weird that there was this coup over a decade ago and none of the alleged conspirators are facing trial. They are all just being purged without trial and taken to Mustafar.

I hadn't really thought about cloning, but that would eliminate both issues. If Palpatine started cloning some of the Jedi on Kamino that had been killed, then he can use them for propaganda purposes. Like if he clones Plo Koon, Aayla, etc. he can indoctrinate them to do and say whatever he wants. He can have them publicly denounce the Jedi coup and pledge themselves loyal to the Empire, adding a sense of legitimacy to the purge. As far as the public would know, this is really Plo Koon, etc. when in reality it's just a clone that Palpatine has made a puppet.

As far as clone instability, etc. It would make sense for some element of that EU explanation to persist, or else why didn't Palpatine clone Anakin to get a new apprentice that had the same potential without the injuries. However, I do believe an early draft of AOTC does contain dialogue from Lama Su where he states that he believed a Jedi would make a perfect template for a clone army, but that Sifo-Dyas wasn't interested. Whether it's possible or impossible in the canon anymore to clone a Jedi is uncertain, unless a new source has tackled the issue already. But even though Palpatine is no longer producing clone troopers, I would think that Paplatine would have plenty of use for cloning facilities and could use Kamino for a new purpose. And I do think that cloning some Jedi, insane or not, would be valuable as propaganda. Granted they wouldn't be Jedi since they never would have received Jedi training, but if Paplatine has a clone Kit Fisto running around hunting down other Jedi, it would publicly look like some Jedi remained loyal to Palpatine, he could have some of these clones publicly admit to the coup, and they could be used as beacons to draw out other Jedi in hiding.

Jedi Knight Fett and Davak24 like this.
  5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Trust me, cloning beings with superpowers is never a good idea. It ended in disaster for Spiderman.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Sudooku like this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Whereas it was a mere nuisance for Superman.
    [​IMG]

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  7. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    It is canon that there had been always a Queen of Naboo till the Battle of Endor. And there was also along the king or queen a governor, for instance Sio Bibble in TPM.

After Padmé Amidala's death succeeded Queen Apailana, for wich your treason-suggestion is convenient. Then came Queen Kylantha who looked a bit like Duchess Satine of Mandalore. And who was very cautious about angering the Empire. I would like to see those two on screen in Rebels. Next to an Imperial governor or even moff for the same planet.

But for the Twi'lek-Factor we have already Hera Syndulla. And BTW: Who should raise such a clone and educate him in the right way? Master Yoda? Obi-Wan? Lama Su? Or Sidious?[face_laugh]

And the Pantorans (has nothing to do with Pandora's Box) like (ex?)-senator Riyo Chuchi could be a nice ally for Rebel-Ahsoka indeed. :)

8. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I never even noticed DarthTalonx 's typo in passing.

If I had... I guess my first thought would have been the Na'vi from Cameron's Avatar.

9. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    The character Marek itself wasn't that bad, but to have Organa etc be brought aboard the Death Star was ridiculous. That shouldn't have happened. The Emperor is not mean to openly know who the traitors are, otherwise Organa wouldn't be Senator still by the time of ANH, he would have been dealt with.

Tbh so far I don't mind the way they are going with Rebels and the organization. It seems better than the Force Unleashed story. Vader seemed too evil in that one. In the OT, he displays a certain sense of dignity in establishing order and in ESB, this seems to be the first time he has decided to turn on the Emperor with his own blood to rule the galaxy as he aspired to with Padme. He is not really a genuine Sith, merely a very powerful Force user who cares about the people he loves. He would most likely have set up a new dynasty with Luke as his heir and his children and so forth.

This is a joke. Look I like Maul as a character, but to have him clearly chopped in half by Obi Wan and for that to have been a significant event (later noted by Windu and Yoda as the defeat of a Sith indeed) is clearly Maul being killed. I would like to see Maul beforehand (pre TPM), perhaps even show us him working with pirates before he served Palpatine, but to have him alive defeats the purpose of showing us Obi Wan's skill and also CHEAPENS Maul as a character.

He was sliced in two, which would have resulted in total shock to the cardio, immune and nervous systems. Maul was no where as near as powerful as Anakin who was on the brink of burning to death and also dying of complete shock had not the Emperor landed almost immediately to provide medical attention. Even then Anakin only survived thanks to a special suit which he received extremely quickly. So if Anakin (supposedly one of the most powerful Force users to have ever lived) only just survived, then there is no way Maul somehow stays alive.

And by your argument, Dooku didn't die, as Anakin's lightsaber cauterized the wounds. So a droid just fitted his head back on?? Maul is dead, just accept that son. The only way he might, and I stress might have lived, is to have been immediately put on life support (as Anakin was) and given blood and then artifical limbs. But he would have been very frail having lost everything below the upper abdomen. Given he was struck across the spleen, he would have died within minutes. Even if the bleeding was stopped, he would have lost so much blood, it would be impossible, impossible for his body to be supplied with nutrients it needed to survive beyond a mere minutes. That is aside from the pain and dying of shock (akin to someone getting hacked and being left to die). Maul's blood pressure would have dropped.

On top of this he falls down a chamber. Assuming he doesn't hit the ground (in which case he definitely dies by being crushed by the sheer shock of his bones hitting a solid surface at high speed), he would die of exhaustion, lack of food, water etc within about a day. Of course by then he would have died of shock of blood pressure, fluids, etc anyway. It was instant death.

That would be cool. It would also be cool to show something similar to The Rise of Darth Vader book, where surviving Jedi team up with some smugglers. One of the latter smugglers (could be Jabo) uses an old CIS relay station to hack into the Jedi Temple on Coruscant to access data on locations of Jedi at the point of Order 66 (so that they can look for surviviors). In addtiion it was cool, as the Imperials detected this - Vader ordered the local garrison at a nearby moon to scramble and intercept. The troopers landed, but were temporarily disorientated after being attacked upon landing by the smugglers lookouts. As the Stormtroopers (clone stormtroopers) stormed the facility, the Jedi exited out a side entrance whilst activating the facility and sealing the troopers inside... along with hundreds of battle droids and droidekas. It's funny as Vader and Imperial officers contact them to ask of their progress in apprehending the Jedi and Rebels, and the Clone Commander is under fire from droids and they have to make a last stand.

This is correct. It would be apt if Jar Jar had been given the post of Governor of Naboo as gratitude for having propelled Palpatine to his current position. Maybe Jar Jar was facing a rebellion by Gungans and Naboo alike and calls Palpatine for help. He tries to be a double agent on the side of the Empire, but messes up and is killed by the Rebels.

Lol, is Jar Jar the newly installed Imperial Governor? That would be hilarious!
    Palpatine might do this - he owes a certain amount of his success to that hapless Gungan!

I think the Pandoran senator Riyo Chuchi or perhaps her hot daughter would definitely make a good ally for the Rebels. It would be cool to see some conflict between that old Governor who featured in Clone Wars and the Empire maybe.

Jabiim would be cool to see or even Coreilla which is meant to be a little rebellious?

Agreed on Hera being awesome, but hers is more about her being a leader as well. It would be awesome to see a Clone Aayla (fighting for or against the Empire). Sultry Aayla, the Inquistor/Dark Hand maybe who pretends to be the real Aayla?

How do you mean? Any chance they could bring back Aayla Secura as a clone of what she was in TCW? Maybe a dark hand or just Aayla was saved by some locals, somehow who treated the Twi'lek with healing pastes (and maybe Twilek's can survive some blasters a little more (maybe why the clones shot her so many times, but let's say they had to return to the droid battle ahead of them and so Secura had a chance when rescued by some locals unbenowst to the clones who thought she was a goner)) and is carbon frozen to be unfrozen during the time of Rebels?

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am hoping for some Mandalorian action other then Sabine because you can never get enough Mandalorian.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  11. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Lol was that an innuendo? I'm liking Sabine, never can get enough Sabine. The showdown with Vader, Sabine taking a shot was cool.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

No, but I guess it could be seen as one.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  13. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Sabine is cool. Happy with her. Need to see more women like her, or even women in the Empire tbh.

14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Well we are getting the Seventh Sister who may last a season or 2.

Id like to see more female bad guys or more female bounty hunters on the show.

On the good side we already have the 2 ghost girls, Ahsoka and possibly Leia and Mon Motha. They just killed off a female imperial, so maybe there is more.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  15. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    It'd be interesting to see how the Empire has dealt with the Mandalorians. Many of them might've been employed as bounty hunters or mercenaries in the Imperial military. Perhaps there is a Mando general out there too.

16. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    maybe we see why Anakin told Boba "no disintegrations" id love to see that finally explained.

17. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Since they're bringing some TCW characters back already, I'd like to see Bo-Katan again and find out what she's been up to. Perhaps we'll get to actually see the mysterious Governor Pryce finally as well?

darklordoftech likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

I think Bo will be dead by now.

19. Bliss000

Bliss000 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 16, 2012
    I'm just wondering which season Asajj Ventress will show up in!

[​IMG]

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Have you read Dark Deciples?

21. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    I want to see Zuckuss.

In fact, I want to see Zuckuss in anything.

Zuckuss never gets enough love.

darklordoftech likes this.
  22. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Who's the Sister?

What about Aayla, Shaak Ti and more Ahsoka?

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Aayla is dead.

Sandtrooper956 likes this.
  24. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    DarthTalonX, Aayla is dead. And even by some mere chance that she is alive, there would be no point in bringing back such a minor character. With Maul it made sense, he was the main villain in episode 1. Get on with your life.

25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I want to see a few episodes focusing on Shaak Ti avoiding the Inquisitorius.