main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters with weapon cards?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by iwjev, May 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iwjev

iwjev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    What is so good about a character with a weapon card? When you have one of these cards you lose the characters abilities. Almost all of the characters have a weapon card so you can add the weapon to the character. There are not cards (that I know of) that can give you the characters abilities.

I would rather have the abilities and add the weapons later.

John

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    It's all about card efficiency. It's far more efficient to use an EPP than to use a regular main with their matching weapon. Then you can use that extra card slot to put another useful card in your deck.

3. angeldesignpro

angeldesignpro Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    I agree completely - give me Darth maul, YA w/ double saber ANY day over that ugly maul w/ saber.

BUT, the good aspect is:

1) You don't have to worry abou geting one or the other, but not both. (NOTE: It is partialy aliviaed w/ the new V card for blaster rack)

2) Having it all rolled into 1 gives you 1 more card slot in the deck

3) Many mains don't have stunning game text, their real ability lies in their suporting interupts and effects. For example, with The Phantom Menace out, maul w/ saber becomes a power house, though still not as good as a DM, YA w/ double saber and TPM.

Before blaser racks, EPP cards had great benefits, now IMHO, excep in rare cases I will take my full text cards, thank you very much.

4. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    >>What is so good about a character with a weapon card? When you have one of these cards you lose the characters abilities. <<

Um, let's have a quick look at what characters with a permanent weapon can do.

ENHANCED PREMIER:
    Luke- OK, you're right

Obi-Wan - Ditto

Leia- Whoa mamma! Adding a battle destiny when you are already guaranteed one is awesome. This doesn't save one card (The weapon) it saves 1 1/2 cards (half of Skywalkers or I know) PLUS, you don't have to rely on the interrupt. The ability is ALWAYS there.

Han- See leia, but only counts with Chewie. Still an awesome ability.

Vader- Ho hum

Boba- Ouch. Again, the ability to add destiny is great, especially when Boba will already add a destiny when with Jabba.

ECC
    Iggy- built in capture is VERY useful (again, saves using We have a prisoner) plus the destiny thing, very useful
    Lando- this guy is king on Cloud City. ANY alien and he gets to add a destiny. Remember, he has ability 3, so any alien with him will cause an extra draw.
    4-LOM- nasty, nasty, nasty. Cancel another card's game text. Try it on any LS card mentioned in this post and your opponent will NOT be a happy camper!
    Chewie- again, a destiny draw is good. The gun sucks though.

OK, let's put just three cards from each side together, and add one card from outside.

For LS we'll pick Han, Chewie and Leia with any C-3PO while for the DS we'll pick Boba, 4-LOM, Iggy and we'll add JTH

Lightside has 3 extra destiny draws, while the DS has 3 also.

I'm trelling you, the Enhanced cards are great!

5. JeffJedi

JeffJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 1999
    Actully there are a few cards that give characters abilities like Vader's Cape, Obi-Wan's cape, Luke's Cape and Yoda's Gimmer stick.

The difference is, do you want to bring Vader and Maul (both with immunity for example) and a lightsaber that will only work with one of them for 3 cards. Or do you want Vader with saber, Maul with saber and a cape that would ive immunty to either one of them for 3 cards.

6. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    In that case, I'd rather have the original with their weapon, as permanent lightsabers don't add to drains.

7. JeffJedi

JeffJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 1999
    True but there's nothing like just whipping out a Vader with saber, doing some damage with him and maybe losing him (one card) just to deploy a different version with staying power later. I like to mix and match which verions I use.

8. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Jul 9, 1999
    Yeah, EPP Vader is good for suicide attacks just to clear out a few characters.

9. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    I treat the cards with sabers like bullies. They have a weapon and work best when they have weapons to beat peopel up with, and are strongest when they have someone backing them up to take the fall when they get hurt.

When it comes to sabers, I e3asily go for the weapon cards. As for blasters and the like, there are some very powerful cards there. Hey, I forgot to mention Lando with Ax and Gui-gon. They can add destinies too!

10. pinbstr300

pinbstr300 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 6, 2001
    quest found a great way to get rid of this whole debate...toss everyone down at the <>forest. you're characters are all immune to attrition which, in my opinion, does the most damage to the enhanced cards...I use that strategy in my hidden base deck to hold 1 site (using quigon and obiwan with sabers along with screaming lando). those 3 characters are enough to hold the site and keep battle plan (or whatever the DS version is called) inactive :) Thanks Quest!!

11. iwjev

iwjev Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    so which are your favorite character with a weapon card... maybe Gui-gon and Maul?

12. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    I only like using characters with separate lightsabers for the drain boost. I have used Lando with Vibro-Axe, and some enhanced bounty hunters before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.