main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters You Want to See More Of?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SharpesRifles, Jul 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SharpesRifles

SharpesRifles Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2004
    As Star Wars books continue to be slowly written for the EU we see all the regular living film characters and some of the widely accepted characters in the universe ie Jacen and Jaina and Mara Jade. However which characters would you like to see more of in the future. I'm a huge X-Wing fan so I really want more of Wedge,Tycho,Hobbie, Janson, Corran, Gavin, Mirax, Booster, Iella, Face, Kell, Tyria etc.

2. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    I've allready started a topic exactly like this, that is currently up in the lit form.

3. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    id like to see more Corran, Mirax, Iella, Jag (i know hes a mainstream character too but i still want to see more of em) hm... Exar Kun [face_devil] seriously though, i REALLY want a book set 4 thousands years pre yavin about Exar Kun's rise and fall... he is the best character ever, KJA's one glaring success

4. Dante_Glass

Dante_Glass Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Kyle Katarn, it can not be stressed enough.

5. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Nick Rostu

6. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    I'd really like to see more of Dash Rendar!

7. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Kyle Katarn, it can not be stressed enough.

Plenty of computer games muck around with his GFFA niche. Leave literature to the established written characters. Post NJO simply needs to look more on the new flock of jedi and reduce the emphasis on the old breed. Nothing other than that is as vitally important to the long term survivability of the franchise.

8. Dante_Glass

Apr 2, 2004
    but Katarn has become more than just a video game charater, he's worthy of standing along side his EU counterparts.

9. Silent_Vader

Silent_Vader Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    I agree, Katarn is pretty cool, and there have been a couple Dark Forces book... things...

10. Dante_Glass

Apr 2, 2004
    Yeah but there just a repeat of the video games story, and some sources count them as infinate, its original stuff with kyle in it that we need.

11. Silent_Vader

Silent_Vader Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2004
    I hear he was mentioned in Unifying force too.

12. Dante_Glass

Apr 2, 2004
    Yep he even gets a little dialogue.

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Stories on the minor movie characters such as General Veers, Admiral Piett, Admiral Motti, General Tagge, Chief Bast, Captain Needa, Admiral Ozzel, and so on. There are very few stories out there on them and most of them people can't acquire anymore because where they appear is out of print now.

Come on, I want to know what Veers did during the six years between Endor and Balmorra! I want to know how such a buffoun such as Ozzel ended up in command of the Executor! I want to know the adventures of Lieutenant Arnet before he got whacked by Han on Endor! These characters have a lot of potential stories that could benefit the Star Wars franchise. Not everybody likes the NJO, the Jedi, or post Endor at all.

14. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    Definitely the Wraiths-especially Face, Kell and Tyria, and Piggy.

I'd like to see more of Wes Janson, Hobbie, Tycho and Winter.

15. DarthShenobi

DarthShenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2004
    ::NJO spoiler below::

I would like to see Anakin Solo except, well, he's kinda...dead, so...I guess you can cross him off the list.

::NJO spoiler above::

16. Runt_Ekwesh_6

Runt_Ekwesh_6 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 10, 2004
    Yes, I would like to see more of Nick Rostu. I didn't like him that much but it seems like his character was all set up to go join the Grand Army of the Republic (Shatterpoint) and it would be stupid to leave that hanging off without showing where he goes from there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.