main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Charity and Service Ideas

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by Marold, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    Those of you who went to the meeting last week know all about my 2 1/2 year plan. But for those of you who weren't there, I'll explain.

We all know that Star Wars fans and other Sci-Fi fans get a bad rap for their fandom and that they have nothing better to do with their lives. Well I think we can help people see there is another side to us. After all, we are an organized group and we can do a lot of good. How you might ask, well by helping out in the community of course. There is so much going on around here and we can help with it.

I believe that if we get our name out there from now until Episode III comes out we just might be able to work out some deal with getting tickets to the movie or maybe, just maybe some preview of it. Of course we will need everyones help with this.

A few ideas are: The City of Hope Walk for Hope event, which I will get more info up shortly. Helping the kids at Primary Childrens Hospital and also helping out at the Childrens Miracle Network. These are just some starts, if you have any other ideas please post them here or if you have any contacts please PM the information to me.

Thank you.

2. greenmayo

greenmayo Jedi Youngling star 2

May 1, 2002
    Primary Children's Hospital is rather hard to schedule, but definitely worth the wait. If you guys can go, DO IT!!! I bet the kids would love it if you dressed up in costume...

3. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    [color=663300]ok[/color]

4. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I can see if I can pull a few strings with my sisters school. I'll even try and schedule something a few months away. I think the kids would enjoy us coming as well.

I was also thinking something along the lines of next year, maybe we could do a tree for the Festival of Trees, you know, buy the action figures that are on sale and glue the guns and whatnot on them then hang them on a tree. I'll look into it more if everyone is interested.

5. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    I'm down for anything, so let's go for it! Woo-hoo and stuff!

6. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    I talked with my boss about the City of Hope walk today. He said that the registration fee does not go towards the $100 we need for out names to be put on the shirts.

If you are still interested in participating in this walk please PM me and I can get you a registration form and more information if you wish. We need 4 more people to make up the team.

7. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    As I was going through Tawain Imports today with my mother I was looking at their Christmas trees that they always have up. As I was looking at them I thought it would be cool to have a Star Wars Christmas tree, then I thought it would be better to do one for the Festival of trees. Not this year, but next year in 2003 we don't have enough time to do one this year. What do you guys think?

8. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    For those of you who are participating in the Walk for Hope event next month, we need sit down sometime and go over the registration form and start getting sponsors lined up.

We can either discuss times here or you can PM me when you think is good.

9. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Well I finally did it everyone. I got the Fanforce signed up for the Festival of Trees this year. We are doing a 6 foot tree and the area that we have to decorate with is 9 feet wide and 7 feet deep. The date for decoarting is December 1 and we can go in from 7am-7pm to finish decorating the tree. As for decorations go, I have about 12 action figures, some cake toppers, and some kids meal toys that we can work with right now. If you have any toys that you wish to donate it would be welcomed. Also if you purchase anything for the tree, please keep your receipts so they can start the bidding at what we put into it.

When I told the lady over the festival about our tree and that we wished to decorate it with Star Wars items, she was very excited. She said that they had received many compliments about the small tree last year. If you have any questions about this, please voice them here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.