main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Charity auctions/donating Star Wars stuff?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by BaronLandoCalrissian, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BaronLandoCalrissian

BaronLandoCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Does anyone know the best way to donate Star Wars collectibles for charity? I seem to remember there were auctions you could give to, (maybe something to do with the 501st?) I have some things like vintage toys, marvel comics etc., none of it is still in the package or in "mint" shape or anything, figured I'd rather have it go somewhere good than do the whole ebay thing.
    thanks!

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Well, you could do the eBay thing and then give the charity the $. Or you could go to the charity donation center. Can be tricky though--way to many charities have employees pick over stuff & take anything "good" for themselves.
    Maybe find out when one of the charities is having an auction and make sure they realize you'll be there to keep 'em honest.

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    You could try asking over in the Fan Force Community forum as well. I know some of the Fan Forces have run auctions for charity in the past. Maybe someone there has an idea or an upcoming auction you could donate to!

Edit - I PM'd a link to this thread to Jedi Dajuan, the head Fan Force GSA. She might know of something coming up that they are doing.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    We have a couple things left over from the CV party that we're going to auction off and give the profits to three charities. The charities are Make a Wish, Beyond Blue (an Australian charity), and another charity in Sweden and/or Europe (keep forgetting the name). We decided to do this so the money goes to more places than just the US since we are a world wide organization. Plus the charities we picked all have to deal with things we've lost members over (cancer, depression, etc). If you're interested let me know and we can coordinate efforts. Some things we're using a silent auction for, some may go up on Ebay.

5. BaronLandoCalrissian

BaronLandoCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Thanks for the responses folks. Now I have to figure out which stuff can go and which stuff I'm too sentimental to get rid of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.