main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jack, FL Charity Banquet for the Guardian Ad Litem

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JaxAnakinSkywalker, May 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaxAnakinSkywalker

JaxAnakinSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2006
    Hey, I've already contacted pretty much everyone I know how to contact in the group about this, but if I do not have a way to contact you, or if you are new and want to see what th FCJK are really about, this is a great way! Being a costuming group is great and all, but I would like to give more than just a few appearances. I have loved it when we have gone to the Ronald McDonald House and Wolfson's Children's Center. Unfortunately, these guys are not asking us to dress up, but I think we still send the right message out doing this. This is for a good cause.

The Guardium Ad Litem are a volunteer group that take their free time that get to know minor kids, along with their families and even go to their homes, just so they can be an independent voice for the child in a court case.

The law firm I work for is hosting a banquet to thank these guys for the work they do. The banquet will be on Thu, May 25th, from 6-9pm. The firm is looking for about 15 volunteers to work at the banquet (no costumes) setting up, running food, and doing a little clean up.

It's a great cause that I thought the First Coast Jedi Knights would be perfect for. I need to have the people before I can tell them yes, and I would love for all of you to be there!

2. ObiWanAmanda

ObiWanAmanda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I know I spoke to you on the phone before, but I looked at the calendar and the 25th is a go!! Just let me know where and what time to be there and I will. Also, what are we to wear????

3. ---Vossk---

---Vossk--- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2005
    id love to help,but i cant make it on then 25th,sorry

4. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    The clothing will be jeans and a t-shirt if we do it. Very casual...

5. Twin_solo_Durron

Twin_solo_Durron Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 30, 2003
    i would love to do it but i am going to be working all day...silly x3 permaring that night.

6. MiraNova34

MiraNova34 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 12, 2004
    Ooohhh... that's the day before the last day of school and my favorite sandtrooper is moving
    in with me the 24th. So it's a very busy time for me.

7. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    So, you're going to go ahead and drag him along, right? ;)

Well, it still looks like it could be a go. Though I would still like more people. If everyone just got one more person to come along, it would make ALL the difference.

Oh, and though the dress will be casual, no shorts or tank tops.....

8. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    I have just been informed that we're having a meet and greet for Randall Terry tomorrow at our house. Sorry guys.

9. JaxAnakinSkywalker

Feb 21, 2006
    Ok, dude, are you drunk? The Banquet isn't until next week. you aren't getting out that easy, heh...

10. DairNimiris

DairNimiris Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2005
    Oh crap! Well then continue to count me in!

11. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    So we have ObiWanAmanda, Riquigojin, Jeff (can't remember his board name - lol), Anakin, Padme, Nimiris, who else?

12. ObiWanAmanda

ObiWanAmanda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2005
    I think DarkTrooper85 will be there "IF" he can get off of work. Should we wear our FCJK shirts???

13. Anakin-and-Padme

Anakin-and-Padme Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Yes, FCJK shirts are perfect :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.