main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA CHARITY EVENT - ANOTHER WAY CHRISTMAS - DEC 18th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jangosmom, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyaen

Kyaen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2003
    This great, if I have the evening off that night I'd like to volunteer to go help out, and I will be more than happy to bust out the costume. Most the time my coworkers are pretty cool with me leaving early or possibly switching with me if something is happening. I'll post when I know for sure whether I can make it.

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    We'd love for you to join us, however, it's in the morning, not the evening. From 8:00am - 12:00 pm.

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Woot, Mike's taking the last three names. Good job folks! I know they will all apreciate this very much.

If anybody else wants to donate a toy let us know so we can get you a name.

4. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    So is this on the 18th? as in monday or rather a week from tomorrow?
    if it is my friend always has it off, and I should be able to get it off seeing it is a week day, or switch with someone.
    so count me in I will let you know by this wensday for sure and if my friend can make it or not.

5. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    That would be awesome Ronnie-hope you can!

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That would be so great!!! Thanks!!=D=

7. DarthMalum

Jul 28, 2006
    I was told by my boss i will be off on monday, so count me in my friends is still up in the air, if he can make it we will have somthing worked out, if not....i think i will just have to break in my new Stormy armor.

I got Armor YEAH!

8. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    cool...thank you so much, Ronnie!!! This is turning into a huge event. It sounds like the t.v. stations are going to be there covering it as well as several newspapers, at least that's what they've been told to expect as of tonight. Coors, in conjunction with several other huge companies heard about it and is going to be there with big trucks handing out 300 food baskets. The clients don't even know about this. They will be very overwhelmed. I just got off the phone trying to work out last minute details. The kids are going to start getting there at 9(though I'm told some are so excited they get there early). I am going to get there between 7:00- 7:30 to set up our area and do the other things I am helping them with. Depending on how long it takes you to get your costume on you should be there probably no later than 8:30am, so we're ready to go at 9am. Anyone that's going, if you PM me I'll make sure you have my cell phone # if you don't have it already, incase you get lost, have problems, etc.
    I am so excited for how happy these kids are going to be. Thank you to everyone, for all that you're doing to make this a wonderful Christmas for the Another Way kids!!!

9. Darthsuperbatpooh

Darthsuperbatpooh Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 29, 2002
    wow...it sounds like fun...wish i could go :(

10. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Very cool! Debbie, my hubby Darren will get there about 9 and stay til 12...he's taking time off work to go, so he can't get there earlier. Also, he will be taking the gifts for the little girl we picked, so you don't have to worry about that.

11. DarthMalum

Jul 28, 2006
    Um.. what is the adress so i can map quest my way in. or are we meeting somwhere first?
    I can be there at 7:30 as well to help set up.

12. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I won't be able to make it. Darn it. I am scheduled to work in the morning on that day. Have a great time everyone, take some pictures. I would love to see the smiling faces on the kids.

13. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Here's the address

INLAND REGIONAL CENTER
    674 Brier Drive
    San Bernardino, CA 92408

If you can come early, Ronnie, that would be most appreciated! I'm sorry that everyone can't come. I know it's hard during the week. You will all be with us in spirit though and we will definitely get pictures.

14. DarthMalum

Jul 28, 2006
    Ok everyone here is the final Notice
    My friend Shane, and myself will both be there early to
    help set, we are also in the middle of working out a duel, so it will be your first look at anything from our fan film, plus I am bringing my video camera to get some behind the scenes footage of what real fans of Star Wars are all about.
    Oh yeah lets get some picture in to Bantha tracks.
    May the force serve you.

15. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    That sounds cool Ronnie! I should let you guys know this too: I was contacted by a company called fanforcefilms. They released a movie in 2005 called "waiting" that was in theaters and released by Liongate films. They are doing a documentary on Star Wars fans that will be released on DVD nationwide and possibly in theaters.We are waiting for final approval from Another Way Directors as to if this is ok or not (due to confidentiality with the kids etc). If they approve it, they will be there to film us. They said they were almost through filming, realized they only had footage on "the good guys, like Jedi, Luke etc" and they heard about this and that Star Wars groups do charity work in costume and they want to include that in the film. We'll see if this happens or not. Thought I'd let you know about the possibility.
    Also, he hasn't posted yet, but Carl, who I mentioned in my "desperate plea post" is also bringing his wife to help out.

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Kari talked me into going. :D

Though Kari, if Tony doesn't end up going with me this weekend to Azusa, would it be possible for me to crash at your place Sunday night? I'm not fancying driving home to San Diego Sunday night then driving back up to San Bern the next morning. [face_tired]

And sorry to say, one of the guys in my group has my Fleet Trooper costume for the weekend, so you'll have another Jedi in the ranks.

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    So, the begging worked, huh? ;)

You are quite welcome to crash on my couch (sorry, but no extra bed), so long and you aren't allergic to dust, dogs and/or cats. Are you working on the float both days this weekend?

18. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Fixed. :D

19. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The padawan takes out the trash, so that won't be necessary!

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Debbie... The buttons came in!! The buttons came in!!! I emailed her a few pix and she should let me know if any work or she'll come up with something simple that will. Call me in the morning once you get up. I'm leaving the house around 8:00ish, so I be up early.

[face_dancing] The buttons came in, the buttons came in!!!!![face_dancing]

Too much excitement for one night. Think I'll head to bed now! I-)

21. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Kari- give your friend a big old hug from me. I am going to bed a happy camper!!![:D] [face_dancing] this is the best news all day!!

22. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    You know, Stuart, I'm in need of an English Butler.... ;) :p

23. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Hey all. Ronnie wanted me to post a suggestion he had. He wanted to know what you think of getting the toy lightsabers and having the kids participate in a little lightsaber battle? Do you think that'd be okay? Thanks, N

24. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    We were going to bring toy ones to let them hold while taking pictures, but I don't think they'd let them have battles with the kids. Too much liability for the Regional Center if one of them got hurt....otherwise, I know the kids would enjoy it. Thanks for the thought though!!!

25. DarthMalum

Jul 28, 2006
    we were thinking like the Jedi Achademy at Disneyland line 10 up at a time, show them, ans walk them though doing like 4 difrent moves, then take pictrures, not to any fighting, just show then like high block, low block high attack, low attack.
    but if you don't think they will allow that I understand.
    my buddy Shane and I will come out and shake and bake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.