main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA CHARITY EVENT - ANOTHER WAY CHRISTMAS - DEC 18th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jangosmom, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Really. I don't know where he gets it from. Not me. I only can claim introducing him to the costuming. hee hee

2. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005

Yeah,unfortunately, I know it will be an issue... it's going to be madness around there, with Santa, t.v. crews (if they show...sometimes the press says they'll come and then they don't show for whatever reason), handing out food baskets etc. We're setting up a canopy area with a stantionary spot where we will all stand around a bench where the kids can sit down and have their picture taken with us. We'll have a table set up where they can pick their picture up after we've printed it out. Alot of the kids, I believe, will be in wheelchairs . Every event I've ever done with them there's been a large majority of children in wheelchairs,so I would expect this to be the same way.There's going to be over 200 children there.

3. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    sounds good,

4. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Ronnie- are you bringing your new armor and sith costume?

5. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Yes I plan on bringing both will start in my sith set up, but after My Friend and I do our duel I plan to change into my new Stormy Armor

6. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Ronnie- When I get there, I'll talk to the director,and see what she wanted to do. She had originally asked if anyone could put on a show. Are you able to be flexible as to if they need you to take pictures for awhile and then do the duel? Does it take awhile to get into the armor? I know the film company plans on being there early and they don't have much footage of bad guys. I don't know if they need footage of stormtroopers,if they want to film the duel etc., so just wondering how able you are to kind of go with the flow while working with what you need time wise etc.?

7. DarthMalum

Jul 28, 2006
    It takes me about 15 mins. or so to get into my armor
    and if we do that first or if we do only my stormy and don't perform that is fine I am use to going with the flow.

8. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Ronnie-bless you...that's all I have to say!![:D](personally, if you're up for it I'd like you to do both, we'll just see how everything plays out) Thanks to you and everyone that has helped me to pull this together this week. I know all this hard work is going to be worth it tomorrow when we see how excited the kids are.

9. DarthMalum

Jul 28, 2006
    It is all good, honestly I have been itching to ware my Armor in public, I thought about going grocery shopping in it, but my Wife wouldn't let me. :_|
    and I don't know who dose all the avatars for on here, but love the new Padame's keep them coming. [face_love]

Take that Orlando Bloom (Sorry inside joke between me and Jedi Onasi)

10. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005
    Well, I want to report everything was a huge success. To say "thank you" doesn't begin to adequately express my gratitude for everyone that came out today. We were outside, it was freezing cold and windy, but everyone was a trooper (no pun intended!). We had several people that got off work and came to the event without sleeping. Steve, from the 501st was pulling an all nighter as he had to be back to work this afternoon, without getting the chance to sleep. Ronnie brought two friends, Kevin and Shane. Carl came and was Vader and his wife Sonya
    was our photographer and helped print out pictures. Our leader Rachael came as well as Kari, who brought Matthew to keep Ryan company. Darren was there and my nephew Shane. So we had a great crowd, the kids were so excited. Ronnie wore his awesome new armor and then became a sith and did a saber duel with his Jedi friend. The people that came to film for the documentary were incredibly nice and kind and they said they got some usable footage. The people from Another Way were just so appreciative and could not have been more pleased with everything. To everyone that donated gifts, to Kari who helped me so much the last few days, to Carl and Sonya who haven't even posted here but gave so much of themselves and their time, I am just grateful and proud of all the people in our group and in this Star Wars community that are always willing to help out with a charity event. Thank you everyone, we pulled it off!!

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    It was nice getting to meet all of you guys. Sorry if I didn't do much but stand there shivering the entire time. ;)

12. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Yay, I'm glad that it went well! I'm looking forward to see pictures!

13. DarthMalum

Jul 28, 2006
    It was a great time, I got to finaly put on my armor and walk around more then just by room, it rocked.

Thank you Shane and KevinI had a great time with you guys there, and the teeni bob concert on the way home had me laughing so hard. (You willl have to see the out take of our fan film)
    to everyone that put it on, and to everyone that showed up I want to thank you far making it another amizing time, it was unreal.

14. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Star Wars fans are the most giving people I've ever met!!! Debbie hasn't slept more than a few hours a night for the past week due to throwing her whole heart and soul into this event. She's incredible! A big hug and huge thanks to everyone that showed up. I know we had folks from all over the place come to help. As I said, a wonderfully giving group with huge hearts! I'm blessed and honored to be a part of it!

Get some rest Debbie!

[:D]

15. KeshPetol

KeshPetol Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2006
    Hello all, this is Kesh Petol,(Shane) The Jedi running around with Darth Malum at the charity event today. I said I would sign up! Thank you for inviting me to join!
    May the force be with you

16. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Hey, glad you finally joined us on the boards! Thanks to all three of you for everything you did today! It's greatly appreciated! Before AaS gets to ya, I'll go ahead and ask you to introduce yourself on the "Introduce Yourself" thread. :D

Here are the few pix I tood of todays event. Boy, do I wish our own personal Jedi Stalk-a-Rotzi was there with his camera!

17. jangosmom

Sep 2, 2005

Hey, Shane- you're here =D= . You'll be a welcome addition to our group!!!Thanks again for all you did today... you were awesome!

18. shaggy13

shaggy13 Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2006
    O.k. here goes my first post, I had a great time,and I'm glad to meet you guys today. I'll be at the meeting on the 13th. Thank you for letting me join you guys you guy are a great group

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    [face_frustrated] I think I brought your temperature with me. I got back home and it's just as cold.

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Welcome Shaggy! We're so thankful that you were able to join us today!

So, Miana, does that mean there will be ice on your car in the morning? I think not. Cold to you must mean it's below 65? Better put on an extra layer! I think you're the only person I know that's even more cold natured than I am. Hope you can stay warm!!

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Actually, it's colder in the house than it is outside. It's about 50 inside the house and about 55-60 outside.

I swear, landlady's from Siberia. ;)

Thanks again Kari for putting me up! :D

22. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    So long as you don't mind the herd, you're always welcome if you ever need a place to stay up this way!

Hey, we can do another roadtrip. as I start to hum the Indiana Jones theme...

23. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I am glad to hear the event went great. Wish I could have been there. You guys were in my thoughts though. Hopefully we can get involved with an event like this one real soon. What was the reaction of the kids and families? The event sounded quite fun. Bless you Debbie for all your hard work and sacrifice. You are great! Same for all of you who could participate.

24. DarthMalum

Jul 28, 2006
    I know we printed alot of the pictures for the younglings, but did we keep any to put up on here?

25. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Kari got the one with Matthew looking oh-so-excited. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.