main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Charity Event at Great Lakes Crossing's FYE- Sunday March 18th

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by BlastyTrooper, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlastyTrooper

BlastyTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2003
    EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT

What: Charity Event taking pictures with the public. We will be raising money for little ones in need again, this time it will be the four-legged furry kind:

Motor City Ferrets
    A private-home, no-kill shelter, rescue & respite home for ferrets. Federally registered as a Non-Profit Charity (501(c)(3)), licensed and inspected by the Michigan Department of Agriculture. We are located in Hazel Park and serve the Detroit Metropolitan Area. Read more at: http://www.motorcityferrets.org/

When: March 18th, Sunday. Time photos from 1-5 pm. If you are costumer or coming as non-costume help, PLEASE be there by noon or earlier to help set up and get instructions!

Where:
    F.Y.E. store at Great Lakes Crossing Mall
    4000 Baldwin Road
    Auburn Hills, MI 48326
    1-877-SHOP-GLC

Who:
    Blasty Trooper- ???
    jeromius2- Clone
    SL2280- Stormtrooper
    shawnpane- Vader

Maybes:
    biomechanoid56- Boba
    manofsteel2397-???
    TD866- Sandtrooper
    TK1148- Sandtrooper
    Gator Fett-TK?

Directions: GLC is just South of I-75 between exits 83 (Joslyn Rd) and 84 (Baldwin Rd)

FYE is willing to let us have another charity event in their store. I think the end of June works best to have time to promote it. I'm going to contact GLC to make sure the event is listed in their newsletter.

The last event was a smashing success with us raising over $700 for CARE House in just 4 hours.
    DO NOT WEAR HELMETS IN THE MALL!!!
    -The only place to have your bucket on is inside the f.y.e. store. When walking from wherever you change, you will have to carry your bucket.

BE THERE ON TIME
    -I will be there by noon to start setting everything up. It looks like we may not be in the same spot as we have been before, so we may have to get creative if we are going to still have a kids area.

-I've asked everyone to be there by 1:00 pm. Getting there early gives us time to address the troops, assign areas, get in costumes, and make sure we are ready to roll at 2:00.

-It would be nice for everyone to help out with tearing the area down. It looks like we have over 20 people helping out, so after getting out of costume help us carry out the many items we have to take out to vehicles.

PHOTOS
    -Do not pose for photos unless that person has donated to the charity. Store policy is that no one should be taking photos except those approved: meaning us (or those that donate).

STATIONS & DUTIES
    Store entrances- 4 to 6 troopers and/or Jedi
    -holding signs to lure the public in

Working the line- Officer and 2 troopers (or more)
    -keeping line organized where no one is jumping in that didn't pay
    -We will attempt to move people up with their own cameras to save time.

Kids area- two people whose face can be seen (characters and/or non-costume)
    -coloring with kids, putting tattoos on them, and handing out goodies

Posing for Photos
    -Vader, Padme, Luke
    -rotate one Jedi, one Trooper, X-Wing Pilot
    -one person to hand props to donators (lightsabers, binders, blasters)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.