Charity Event, Middlesbrough - 20th May, at the House of the Round Table

Discussion in 'North' started by Spike2002, Apr 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Well, basically guys, as part of my Events Management module of my degree, I (along with 3 other people who aren't as important as me :p) am putting on a live band event which is raising money for the NSPCC.

The event takes place in the Function Room of the Tavern (yes, that place where we got massive, cheap pizzas at our Jedi Round Table), on Saturday the 20th of May, from 5pm - 11pm.

Bands that are playing include No Signal Input, (get a music sample from here), Autopilot (sample here), MuetteFuente (no sample, but check out their myspace here if you want), Johnny Foreigner (no myspace) and a band that have yet to actually come up with a decent name :rolleyes:.

We'll also be holding a raffle, with prizes etc, and as many gimmicks as possible to raise cash for the needy children.

So, if any of you guys are interested in coming (feel free to wear Jedi costumes, it's all for a good cause anyway) let me know. Tickets are £3 and it'll be £4 on the door. (I'd recommend getting tickets BTW, the gigs gonna be in demand and there's a capacity limit of 100)
  2. Lord_Ogli Force Ghost

star 4
    Well I s'pose I can make this. I'll be there and I'll think about the costume :p
  3. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    :) I remember you mentioning this, and i will definately try to be there. No costume im afraid though :p can bring my force fx if you want though [face_dancing] I'll see if my flatmates are interested too
  4. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Heh. Well, the costume was just an idea. It's all for good fun really.

The more the merrier, Leigh :D Glad you remembered too.
  5. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd try to come and support Spike, not gonna be easy to get there tho. Hope it goes well :cool: Plus, from this Sunday onwards (after C9) I am taking a leave from FF-UK: North/regional, so I doubt I'll be going to any May events. Sorry.
  6. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    It sounds good to me - But I dont think ill be wearing my outfit ither -
  7. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Awww, you people are no fun :p
  8. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Spike - if you are the organiser (or know them well?) - why dont we costume at the door and have NSPCC collection buckets for them? An 'honour guard' for all the people going in - lightsabers and all?

I would do it for a couple of hours as people go in...let me know?

If its just me - I dont mind - I will do it mate.
  9. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Yes, I am the organiser. In fact, this whole thing was mostly my idea :p

An honour guard would be awesome mate. Especially with people in costume. It's all for charity anyway :D
  10. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Good idea jase - its a £1 to get in and £1 to out
  11. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Just e mail me with the details mate - I will be there for the NSPCC. Can sort on email.

All those who muttered about doing charity work in star wars costumes for Fan Force or Rebel Legion - GET OFF YER BUMS! THIS IS YER CHANCE TO PUT YER MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS!

You know who you are....:p
  12. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    If its for the kids then me and my costume will be there [:D] Can't have you on your own jace.

Gah, on second thought, i can't remember where all my bits and pieces are. i'll just stick to bringing my saber i think ;)
  13. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    We know how kids like to see us all in our costumes when we are out attending events and meet ups - yes I thiink we all should pull out our fingers and turn up - We did say we would start and do stuff for Charity's

14. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4

:eek:
  15. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    We have to let him go to the toilet alone these days now Wiz...he wont be long...WILL YOU TIM! [face_blush]
  16. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Spike2002 mate - I have promoted it on the RL boards too - hope to get some more costuming people across to you if we can from the area.

http://www.phpbbserver.com/rebellegionuk/viewtopic.php?t=219&mforum=rebellegionuk
  17. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Nice one dude. If anyone does turn up, tell them they have to buy tickets :p
  18. timbolton Force Ghost

star 5
    Don't worry, some mean people grabbed me on the way out the door *Shakes fist at them*
    So instead of a hiatus, I am gonna spam like crazy and make em regret it! *shakes fist again* :p

Good luck with this Spike, wish we could get you an army of stormies to march in too lol.
  19. jedi_master_booth Jedi Master

star 3
    Ok gang - lets make a list here whos going so Spike2002 can put some tickets to one side for us .

Me (jedi_master _booth)
    jase (Edgejedi88)
    Lea (Jedi_padawan_leigh)
    Chris (Lord Ogil)
    Tim (Timbolton)

anyone elce
  20. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    OK dudes - met with Dave tonight and discussed this event.

Plan we have come up with is to meet up in Boro during the day (say early afternoon 1/2pm?) for a look round town (in civvies!) and then head over to the pub for about 4-4.30 to get changed and ready!

Right now, can we confirm numbers please for all you slackers who are still undecided.

Add here :

Jase (in cossie)
    Dave (in cossie)
    Spike2002 (not cossie) Sie - pls save me and Dave a ticket each to get in - we just need two tickets right now pls.

TBC

Spike Thmid (cossie?)
    Leigh (cossie?)
    Lord O (cossie?)
    Anyone else?
  21. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    OK mate.

Leigh, you still dragging ur flatmates out?
  22. Jedi_padawan_leigh Force Ghost

star 4
    Sie, keep me a ticket because i am definately coming, :) although not having much luck convincing the flatmates, sorry :(
  23. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Gah. Evil housemates. Don't they like LIVE MUSIC??? :eek:
  24. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    For Spike2002...

We love live music! [face_devil]
    [image=http://www.record-producer.com/i/keep-music-evil.jpg]

25. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    :mad:

2 bands are out, 1 is on the brink.