main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Charity ideas

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Cobern, Jun 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    As our conversation at the meeting on 6/22 seemed to focus on how we should raise funds and to what purpose, I wanted to start this thread to get people's ideas as to what charity or charities we want to donate.
    We might want to suggest guidelines as to the kind of charity, for example, it should have something to do with children, families, citizenship or other causes that have at least something to do with the Star Wars saga.
    Someone might want to call our collective attention to a little-known organization which we can help publicize.
    And no, our own individual toy-collecting and armor-building pursuits do not count as charities.;)

2. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    When I talked to TK last, he suggested the Make A Wish Foundation. That might fit well with-in the themes of Star Wars....

3. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    Make a Wish sounds good. We could also look at the NH Red Cross and the New Hampshire Food Bank. I know that the Morning Buzz is associated with them, and the food bank always needs help especially in these economic times.

4. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    As stated...

My choice for the groups charity would be the Make A Wish. I have worked with them in the past. and they cover EVERYTHING we would want in a charity. From making wish come to for kids to adults.

From trip ... to a smiple meal. Anything those folk wish for. I have done a couple now with kids wishing to meet Vader / Storm Trooper. You name it. It was the big charity of my old group back in NC. It is a very small group of them here in NH. I have check on them in the past. Which I think is odd?

In NC they are as big as the Jimmy Fund is around here. And the Jimmy Fund in NC, well... nothing.lol So that would be my choice. We can all way do differant choice down the road. It does not have to be the same one every time. We can pick a differant group every other outing for that matter. Heck I've even trooped for the local dog pound. lol

But I does look better to have one mean group to go with. That way they can go on club fliers and banners ect. It all ways looks better when you have the charity some where on your paper work. Once you have one going you can all ways add more.

SeeYa,
    TK

5. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    TK, please have Sam or Michelle spell-check your submissions before you post them. They are very hard to understand. I can understand Jabba the Hutt more than your posts sometimes. lol

6. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I just type and post. Sorry....:p

You'll get used to it. Everyone else does. I have NO time for spell check. [face_dancing]

SeeYa,
    TK

7. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok James...

Maybe that one was kind of bad. I just re-read it myself. lol [face_whistling]

It was late. lol At leased I posted something. I'll try better for you on the next one. I think about what I'd like to say faster than I can type it. So it does not always come out perfect. :)

For the most part you guy's can figure it out. If not ....you can always call. [face_dancing]

SeeYa,
    TK

PS > I hold Shell read this one over. lol

8. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    I would like for the group to go to Boston Children's Hospital. If it wasn't for that place I wouldn't be here. In fact I'll be going back on the 1st to get my heart shocked back into rhythm. Tell me it wouldn't be awesome to see the look on those kids faces as we walk through the hospital. Believe me any distraction as a kid there is the best thing in the world. They even have close circuit TV. They can pipe us into all the rooms as we go.

9. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey Andy,

I have done that a couple times now. The 501st. goes every now and than. But their are a lot of things that need to be done first before they even let you in the door. All kinds of paper work. It was really hard. They made us sign wavers and stuff about the hosp. It was wierd?[face_thinking]

Believe it or not some kids there do not like use. lol They get scared. There was one whole room / wing they keep us out of. It was were they moved the kids that did not want to do it. [face_not_talking]

Plus we'd really need to be a full group. We'd have to come up with some more trooper and something like a vader, Jedi...ect. To do anything like that. I'm pretty sure they would not just let in a group of Mando's in. lol Most people would have NO idea what we were? They would want the Star Wars guy's they knew.

But it is a good idea. I did the Portsmith Hosp. a few years ago for Halloween. The kids there loved it. It's a good time.

SeeYa,
    TK

10. flightmech73

flightmech73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2007
    Wow. I figures there'd be a lot to do first. Since Ive never trooped I have no idea how it works. Maybe way down the road it would be possible to hook up with the 501st. its something id like to be a part of some day. Thanx for the heads up.

11. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Any time you think your ready.

I'd be more than glad to help you out.

Later,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.