main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***CHARITY PREMIERE SCREENING VOLUNTEER SIGN UP FOR MAY 12 EVENT*

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Sith_Slayer, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I'm glad you all had a good time. :)

2. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    Some girl from CCC came up to us after the movie and let us know that the total from the event was $200,000. Not a bad night's "work", eh? :D

and what, like $2,000 or so of that came from the RMFF members who saw the movie. sweet!

you guys all rock. what a great night this was...

Okay, now, waaaay behind schedule, I'm off to hit the road for Kansas. I'll post when I get there! :D

3. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
  4. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    The same article was also printed in the Denver Post.

5. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    It's an AP article, we're national baaaaaaby!

6. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    It's on cnn.com too.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/13/star.wars.premieres.ap/index.html

7. Jyro-Kyrn

Jyro-Kyrn Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    This is the best tired I've ever felt. My body is all cramped up and sore. And I'd do it again today if I could!

Glad to hear we raised so much!

I'll third the WOW.

I need time to absorb that. Very complex movie. Waiting a week is going to suck.

8. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    I had a great chat with Catherine Tsai last night during our 20-minute interview at the event.

When I got home, I had a voicemail to call AP for add'l input on the film itslef, and had another 30-minute conversation (at 1:00 in the morning) with another writer on their desk.

What a great time to be a Star Wars fan....

9. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I had a great time seeing everyone again! It was fun seeing the kids so excited. I wish I had skipped my rehearsal to stay, I'm green with jealousy! At least this week will fly by for me, (prom, yearbooks, last days of school).

I'll see you all next Thursday! [face_dancing]

10. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    hey kids.

first of all, thanks to all of you who showed up last night and really gave your all.

So exciting to be a part of such an event. we really are privileged.

I mean this..the xwing...come on, we really ARE blessed.

and thanks to everyone again for being patient and letting me be bossy. :) he he

Last but not least...a big hats off to Stacy. for all of the hours and hours of preparation and planning, coordinating, etc. etc. which was a large reason everything went so well last night.

so Hazzah for the CR!

as for the movie...i still need to process it. *sigh*

11. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    Apparently a portion of my AP interview made the 9 News website:

http://9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=d69fee14-0abe-421a-0089-95c5fe0ffb81&TEMPLATEID=b010ff41-ac1f-02c5-0009-00c014346932

Can't seem to get it to link properly.

12. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah it was another cool event! R2 had fun entertaining the crowds. Sorry we didnt have time to do the saber sparring, just wasnt enough free space around.

Anyway, I will be in Vegas next week with Kev to check up on the X-wing and see the premiere. Hopefully the xwing R2 will be in much better shape by that time - he's being worked on as we speak.

13. Sith_Slayer

Apr 9, 2002
    9 News has a few photos up on their site, along with the article now.

[image=http://9news.com/media/2005May12081437/d767a7bd-0abe-421a-0178-c4462a0a423c.jpg]

[image=http://9news.com/media/2005May12081437/d768e74f-0abe-421a-0094-73224cfacbc0.jpg]

[image=http://9news.com/media/2005May12081437/d766437c-0abe-421a-00e6-6e18831b9c85.jpg]

[image=http://9news.com/media/2005May12081437/d769e610-0abe-421a-004b-f7dc3f9cd5e2.jpg]

It can be found here:

14. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    Thanks for the opportunity to volunteer and have a great time. I got to meet Hickenlooper, talk to a lot of people, and help people out at the front. Thanks for helping us be a part of events like this, Stacy! Kudos to everybody!

15. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/STAR_WARS_PREMIERES?SITE=PAREA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

We are named in the AP article! :D

16. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    hey, look who's catching up! ^^ ;) :D

I made it to KS all safe and sound. No near-death experiences this time around :D

Jared: yeah...talk to me about tired, pssh! I went home after the event, got packed, and made the 9 hour drive back to KS...I'm going on 26 hours now...and I don't give a flying leap, I'm still so wide awake. I got to ponder over the movie the entire way home, muahahahaha!

17. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Nice to see all the great pics!

18. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Really great to everyone in costume :D

19. RavLoc_Vos

RavLoc_Vos Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    Hey All

Thanx to everyone for another Stellur event. The kids were great and I do so enjoy getting in costume. From everyone with STEEL CITY JEDI THANX.
    Later Days...

20. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Did anyone tape the Channel 9 thing at 4:00 pm today? I dorked it up :(

21. hyperdyne

hyperdyne Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2004
    Yeah I was able to record it in HD, it was a really good piece! I saw zoo, kev, beth, stacy, me, spanky and others in the shots they aired.

I am working on ripping it.

22. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    Cool, because we didn't get it down here in the Springs. I did see your R2, Jim Lostetter's sandy, and Az's R2 on a few of the sites posted above.

Hopefully you can crunch it. ;)

23. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Wooo hoooooo!!!! I was hoping someone caught that :D [face_dancing]

24. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    My Brother Got the Channel 4 news, The Fox News, and the Kirk Montgomery Segment he spoke of on TIVO. Now I just need to get it off his TIVO box. It has a USB cable jack but I will look further into how to get it onto my computer. Lots of great footage. Mostly of Sith_Slayer and COS_Vader. Great shots of Jedi_Pilot and BerusBantha as well. There may be more, but I cannot remember right now.

25. e1jnky

e1jnky Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 20, 2004
    OH MY GOD!!!!!! Last night was awsome! I really enjoyed seeing all the costumes, and actually knowing who was in them this time. I had a blast, and I am really looking forward to seeing everyone again next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.