main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Charity- short Syal Antilles vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sel, Jan 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sel

Sel Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2001
    Title: Charity
    Author: Sel
    Timeframe: before ROTJ
    Characters: Syal Antilles
    Genre: Character study
    Summary: Life in the Empire

Notes/Disclaimer: I wrote in my LJ a few year ago, but no one there really reads the Star Wars EU.

Wynssa dropped some of her spare credits into the young beggar?s cup without a second thought.

?Oh Wyn, you?re so good,? sighed her friend, who kept a respectable distance from the somewhat shady looking boy.

?Not all of us are so blessed,? Wynssa replied with a serene smile, rejoining her friend.

?Indeed. Not all of us can score a Baron,? her friend teased. Wynssa blushed.

?He is quite the dashing figure, no? Oh, look, there we are. It?s right ahead,? she pointed out their destination to the other woman.

?Bless the Empire,? she gasped, surveying the area. It was impressive, filled with a rainbow of gravity-defying fountains, and some of the most cutting-edge artwork produced in the past few years. ?It?s majestic.?

?We didn?t donate all of the money for it, of course. Not by far. But still, it was enough to warrant personal thanks from Emperor Palpatine. This rebuilding and reformation project is very important to him.?

Her friend nodded. ?What was in this area before??

?I don?t know,? Wynssa replied. ?Probably a smuggling stronghold, or something like that. This area had a very heavy Bothan population.?

Her friend wrinkled her nose in disgust. ?Well, it?s a bastion of culture now.?

Wynssa smiled. ?Yes. Truly, the Emperor?s wisdom is guiding us well.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.