main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Charleston Fan Force Represented at Dragon*con

Discussion in 'Archive: Charleston, SC' started by motf-jan, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi all,
    getting reading to head out to Dragon*con next week. So far we have Me, Michelle, my mom and dad, Bill, Brian, and Larry all heading up from Charleston. Any other Charlestonians planning on attending chime in so we can get some group photos, etc.

Hope fully we can have our next meeting sometime in mid-September. We'd like to plan some kind of Halloween event, perhaps with the local Trek club. So any suggestions or imput would be welcome.

Janet

2. MandiJade

MandiJade Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2001
    Which local Trek club? There are at least 4 of them I know of...

3. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hmm, this is Star Fleet one, not a KAG one. I think they are primarly in the North Charleston area. I'll ask them when I see them this week.

Myself and 3 other club members saw ATOC this weekend at the $2.50 movie in N. Chas. We are going to find out how long they are showing it. If they will still have it there by Halloween, we thought this might be a good place for a costumed Halloween thing.

Also working with the College of Charleston film dept about doing somekind of panel discussion on the importance of Star Wars in film making and the types of techniques that Lucas used in making the movies.

Still no word from the IMAX about getting Special Effects here.

Janet

4. MandiJade

MandiJade Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2001
    Yeah... there are 4 Starfleet chapters...
    1) USS Charleston
    2) USS Rutledge
    3) SS Lewis B Puller
    4) USS Dominator

I know there is one KAG chapter as well, just can't remember the name.

Does anyone here have Star Wars costumes for the party? I've always thought a jedi outfit would be easy to assemble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.