main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Charlestown, IN Star Wars Day October 22nd.

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by atataboy, Jun 23, 2011.

1. atataboy

atataboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 10, 2005
    I mentioned at the last meeting that Charlestown, IN would likely be having another Star Wars day. Having spoken to the director, she would love to have our participation. 501st/Rebel Legion will be there as well. I thought it might be fun to do another Trivia contest and I have some rules for a simple scavenger hunt game that we could run down there as well.

I will talk more on it, at the next meeting.

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    U can count on me for help buddy.

3. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    RC, When will u have more Info like where are we meeting up? Time?

4. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Ok here is a rough outline. I have had to tailor it a little based on volunteers and time. But just for a little more info.

Table 1: Coruscant /Entrance/prizes. 12 o?clock

A secret agent has found a special item. Before the agent could make it back to base, they were intercepted by enemy forces.

Scattered around the building, you will find other bases. Each location will have a task that will provide a clue as to who the secret agent is.

Your mission is to return here and let us know who the secret agent is. If you correctly identify the secret agent, check back before you leave to see if you won a prize from our supply depot!

Start here with anagram to find the first base.

(on return enter completed names on card to be drawn to pick a prize. Must be present to win) Wrap up by 3 (which is the costume contest)

Table 2: Hoth/Cubee
    Crossword puzzle is the secret word to give to 3 oclock trooper. (sends to Kamino)

Table 3: Kamino/Clone Targeting Practice/
    Word Find for password to 6 o?clock trooper (sends to Tatooine)

Table 4: Tatooine/Coloring Pages
    Trivia to determine if they are qualified to be given information.
    Reveals password for 9?clock trooper (sends to Hoth)

5. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Thanks to everyone who could make this. I hope everyone had a good time and I really do appreciate your assistance and any input you can think of to improve this, make sure to bring it up. There may even be some other events we can run this at too (and as we improve it)

Looks like they want us to do it again next year. There is definitely suggestions for puzzles designed for younger children (so much for my "easy" puzzles hahahaha)

Can't wait to do it again!

6. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I think a large focus should be on a game for the 3-7 year old's.They seem to be the biggest crowed. Hey..What about somthing like they used to do on the 80's Bozo the clown show ..the grand prize game? It was 4 bocket or pail's line up together and the kids would toss a ping pong ball into each bucket getting a prize for each bucket the ping pong ball hit. That might be good for the younger crowed.

7. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    I think for next year, I am going to see about getting a hold of some manufacturers for some prizes (hasbro typically doesn't... but there are others) and have more tables. I was thinking of actually splitting tables up between the different age categories.

I remember the scavenger hunt at CIV actually had categories, padawan, jedi knight and jedi master. I may do something like that, though probably just two categories.

More physical games for the younger crowd and more simple puzzles like silhouette recognition, simple jigsaw puzzles, etc...

8. echo-3

Mar 11, 2002
    I hope to ,with your permention RC to take on more of a leadership role next time and come up with more idea's for the kids to do.

9. atataboy

Apr 10, 2005
    Sure thing. They definitely seemed interested in the idea of a nerf shoot. We also are working for more interaction with the costumed characters. We are scheduling this next year to make sure more are able to attend.