Sth Bend, IN Charlie Weiss

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by vaderisone, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToneLoc Jedi Master

star 4
    A lot of people are pulling their names out of the candidacy hat?
  2. vaderisone Jedi Master

star 4
    I forgot about this thread, so who is next, I think Kelley, announcement on Monday morning.
  3. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd like to hear what the Chicago fans think of this:

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/132010

4. TAUNTAUN_WE Force Ghost

star 4
    I literally said this, out loud:

"Holy crap"

He remains an offensive genius, I don't think that was ever lacking at ND. And it would be interesting to see what he would do with Cutler. The rumor mill is in full swing, no doubt.
  5. garbagge59 Force Ghost

star 4
    why is there talk of vegetables in a Charlie Weis thread? he's never touched them.;)

while he may be a fit for the Bears in general, he would not mesh with Lovie Smith very well.

The Bears just need to fire Angelo and get a guy who will draft the best available player rather than trading down because he doesn't see any value where he's at to get a guy who fits their "system."
  6. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    The reason I think he would consider it is because of it's proximity to South Bend. They have already said they would like to keep their house, and they plan to keep Hannah's House running. I'm sure it would be convenient for their family to be close.
  7. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Looks like Kelly is the guy. In a couple hours, we will know for sure.
    http://ow.ly/KLaU
  8. TAUNTAUN_WE Force Ghost

star 4
    An absolutely brilliant hire - even I can recognize that through my Green and White tinted glasses.

I think Melissa Isaacson has really summed it up:

"Irish fans have themselves a big-time college football coach now, as qualified as they come. But with the excitement must come some serious reconciliation, for if Brian Kelly cannot make Notre Dame into a program of national championship caliber, it cannot be done."

And Lou Holtz also gets it - ND has only been successful by hiring proven college head coaches. Hirings of coordinators, high school coaches, or NFL guys have always lead to failure.

For ND's sake, I just hope the faithful can be patient.
  9. Xmaveric Force Ghost

star 5
    Ara Parseghian is the ND coach exception that proves the rule. He was the first non-ND guy coaching the program in 40 years, and he was protestant. He just came off a barely .500 ration at Northwestern.
  10. ToneLoc Jedi Master

star 4
    I wonder if the UConn coach was a sleeper.
  11. TAUNTAUN_WE Force Ghost

star 4
    I thought for a while that they might make a run at him, but I do think Kelly is the better choice.
  12. ToneLoc Jedi Master

star 4
    KC will be his new home.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.