main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Charlotte scifi/fantasy filmmakers?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jasteel, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasteel

Jasteel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2003
    Hello all, I'm new to the boards and I've been in NC and the Charlotte region for about a year and a half now.

I was wondering if any of the Star Wars fanfilm types, or any scifi/fantasy filmmakers really, live out this way. I wrapped a project called "Vain Blade" in the past year, which was more of just a lightsaber short than a "true" fanfilm. Check out jadaco.net for a download, or watch it @ YouTube.

I'm dying to find anyone out there crazy enough to get involved in future projects like this. Any takers?

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Hi there and welcome to the Charlotte Fan Force. :D

One person who you might want to speak with is williamjohns. I'm going to be calling him in a few minutes so I'll direct him to this post.

3. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Jason, I just watched Vain Blade-Extended and I got to say that was pretty awesome. I loved the colors that you used, I read why you did it like that,BTW. The setting kind of gave it a western feel and the costumes kinda reminded me of The Matrix. All in all I'd say it was a pretty darn good movie...

4. Jasteel

Jul 12, 2003
    Thanks for the welcome and review. Can't wait to meet up with the group sometime and get involved in the local scifi-fantasy community.

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Jasteel, I'm going to make time to watch at least one of your films this week. This weekend has just been crazy for me.

6. Darth_Julio

Darth_Julio Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2004
    hey i been trying to make a fanfilm for a long time.............. i will like to help you on a proyect ....

www.myspace.com/juliomariobarriga

7. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    :( The week got away from me. I'm sorry. :_|

8. Jasteel

Jul 12, 2003
    The longest one is only a little over 8 minutes, so don't feel too intimidated. =P

9. darkladypurplepencil

darkladypurplepencil Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 16, 2006
    Whoa, awesome.
    I'd definitely love to get involved. Just PM me anytime!
    And BTW, welcome to the Seps.
    Farrell

10. andyf

andyf Jedi Youngling

Dec 15, 2006
    I would like to get involved as well. What do you have in mind?

Andy

11. Beta-Commando

Beta-Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2007
    I'm a Star Wars Fan Film mker and a volunteer script writer; Pro att hat! I should ask for payment, but I never do.

So, yeah, I'm up for a project.

12. 704core

704core Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2007
    Hello and welcome to the crew Jasteel. You can sign me up any future involvment on your projects. I am a carpenter and an electrician so any set building or lighting I can help with. And I did 3 years in drama in high school so I would be glad to play a role if that comes up too. Anyway, welcome and can't wait to meet ya. -Shane-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.