main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Charlotte's IMAX Discussion!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by ole_okey_doke, Oct 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hey don't rule Charleston out! <lol>

We are updating our site this weekend with links to hotels, food sites, and things to do in our historic city!

--And our ticket prices are only $8 for adults and $7 for children and seniors.
    --Plus if you sign up a group of 15 or more, you get a $1 off that price!

We are also planning a Star Wars day, but it will be later on in November, probably the 16th.

Janet

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Ut Oh! Celebrity Death Match - Minacia uses the Force - I am but a powerless snivveling weakling in her presence. She could make me do her bidding any day of the week. (images in my mind of her using the force on me) I sense something I haven't felt since... LOL! Control! Control! I must use control! No! Uncle! I give up! :D :D :D

3. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hehe. I'm loving this already ;)

So, fellow Charlotteans... are we going to decide on something? :confused:

4. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    [face_laugh] @ TallonKaardgamer!

All too easy. [face_devil] ;)

I spoke with our IMAX management yesterday after work. As of right now, it looks as if we'll be holding our special IMAX event on Saturday, Nov. 2nd, unless something comes up. I'll have more details as our plans come together.

I'm not sure what time we're actually going to go see the movie as a group. It will probably be later in the afternoon. Again, more details will be forthcoming. :)

5. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    *Charlotte's city rep resumes her duties after briefly engaging in yet another pissing contest on the AOTC boards--yes, once again, someone had the gall to criticize young Mr. Christensen. :mad: (Obviously she's never seen his ass. :D ) Just kidding! :D The thread was about his acting skill. Anyway, I won--the little *deleted for a family-friendly board--and for a thread with two mods on it* ;) hasn't returned to the thread in quite awhile--I think I managed to run her off. :D *

I didn't break any rules! I swear! :eek:

Anyway... :p ;)

I can't go the weekend of the 1st and 2nd--I hope the other Charlotteans will go without me and have a good time, though, with James standing in as my right-arm acting city rep. :D

6. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    If I have to make a decision, I'm going to say Atlanta... just because I feel it's a shorter drive. Although I'm yet to get in touch with Clay, Cheryl and the gang...

7. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    Dude! I can actually go that day! I'd agree with Atlanta as well, prolly cos they've got the group thing that day. Woohooo!!

8. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Awesomeness. Cheryl, give me a call. I'll call Clay. We'll have to get something together :D

9. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hey there, guys and gals! :D

The Hothlanta Rebels had our monthly meeting this past Saturday. We are starting to work out the details of our event on Nov. 2nd. Right now, it looks as if we'll be entertaining the folks standing in line for each showing with trivia contests (with prizes to be awarded, hopefully). And, our local 501st folks will be walking about the third floor of the mall (the actual theater area) to generate interest. We'll also be handing out the Bantha Tracks #0 newsletter, which is to be sent to the theater by Lucasfilm sometime this week.

As to when we'll be seeing the movie as a group, we are still not yet sure. I know that the 501st folks will probably go to the first showing, around 11:00 AM, and the bulk of our membership may go at that time, as well. The others will go to a later showing.

These are just tentative plans. I'll give y'all more information as things get worked out. :)

10. Cartooncheryl

Cartooncheryl Jedi Master star 1

Jun 20, 1999
    Anakin_Girl said:
    "I can't go the weekend of the 1st and 2nd--I hope the other Charlotteans will go without me and have a good time, though, with James standing in as my right-arm acting city rep."

DON'T DO IT, JAMES! IT'S A TRAP!! Haven't you ever seen the Star Wars films? We all know what happens to right arms round these parts! ::sssslice:: OWWWW!!!! ':p~~~~

Sorry you can't go woman, but it'll be playing for a while I'm sure, maybe we can sort something out around your hourzzzz.

and Minacia said:
    "And, our local 501st folks will be walking about the third floor of the mall..."

Troopers?? Ahhhhh hahhhhhh hhaaaa!!! ::drool drool:: Man, I totally NEED a fix of stormtroopers walking around... hey baby hey baby hey! I'm so there! Clay, James, anything planned yet? Let me know!

11. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Cheryl -- I've got some plans. PM me or call me about them :)

12. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Hello all! :)

The Hothlanta Rebels (the Atlanta FanForce) and the Georgia 501st will be hosting a special event for the opening weekend of Attack of the Clones at the Regal Mall of Georgia IMAX theater.

The event will take place on Nov. 2nd, and will officially begin an hour before the first showing, which is scheduled for noon, I believe. We plan to remain to entertain the crowds until around 8:00PM.

Right now, we plan to hold impromptu trivia contests for the folks waiting in line for each showing, while our 501st compatriots "patrol" the lobby of the theater to terrorize...er...entertain, moviegoers. ;)

Our special Lucasfilm-endorsed IMAX event website can be found here. It will be updated as our plans are finalized.

The Hothlanta Rebels will be working in shifts, so if y'all come to visit, I'm sure a few of us will be free to go to lunch and/or dinner with anyone who may join us. There are plenty of restaurants in and around the Mall of Georgia.

I'm not sure when the bulk of us will be seeing AOTC on the IMAX screen that day, but I will try to let everyone know as soon as we work it out.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

13. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    If you guys are planning on seeing Ep2 on IMAX in Myrtle Beach, count me in. ;)

14. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Cheryl is going tomorrow.
    I forgot to call her at 1. Whoops :(

I'm going to go mid-November to Myrtle Beach. Get to see Salty and Mrs_Kitty, too. :)

:D

15. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    When in mid-November, James? I'm free the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Hayden on a screen that size...*fans self*... :D [face_love]

16. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I was actually thinking the weekend before Thanksgiving. And if I'm not mistaken, Grilled-Sarlacc can't go this weekend nor the next.

17. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    You guys let me know when you're coming to Myrtle Beach and we'll meet up to watch AOTC at the IMAX.

18. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Our event was a great success! :D

I had the pleasure to meet Cheryl, who had a great time, I think. :)

Cheryl, I am glad you could join us. Thanks for your help with one of the trivia contests. I do hope that we'll have a chance to hang out again soon. :)

19. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Every time I plan on going to Atlanta, stuff comes up :(

*kicks Darth-Real-Life* :p

20. Darth--Real--Life

Darth--Real--Life Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
  21. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
  22. ole_okey_doke

ole_okey_doke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    So James, when are we going to Myrtle Beach?

How about this weekend?

23. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I think that we were leaning for the 22nd and the 23rd. Though, I'm up to go every weekend this month, seeing how I'm doing absolutely nothing on the weekends. :)

Maybe 2 imax viewings would kick it ;)

24. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hello all,
    I would like to formally invite the Separatists to the Star Wars Day at the Charleston IMAX theater on Saturday, November 30th. This is the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We will have events starting at 11am until about 4-5pm. Clones will be shown at 3:30, 5:15 and 8:30 so this could easily be a day trip for most Charlotte people. It is almost a 3 hour drive to the minute. I've made the trip many times.

We will have a trivia contest, costume contest, kids activities, comic and toy vendors, and a raffle. Bring a new unwrapped toy for Toys For Tots and receive a raffle ticket or make a $5 donation to the MUSC children's hospital. I'm also trying to obtain something cool to auction for MUSC from Lucasfilm, I'll update you when I know.

We will have prizes for the costume and trivia contests and lots of goodies for the kids. We may have a media guest, I'm working on that now.

We will have a live radio remote and press coverage and we may also have TV coverage.

This is a great way to meet other fans in the area and help some kids in the process.

I urge those interested to visit the charleston imax site-http://www.charlestonimax.com to get the number to reserve tickets.

I hope you all can come support this worthy cause.

Thanks,
    Janet

25. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    This looks good to me, and Charleston is about as close as Myrtle. What do the rest of you think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.