Mary Charm City FanForce Icon

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Motterman, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motterman Force Ghost

star 2
    Hey folks! Well, it all comes down to designing an icon - 50 pixels by 50 pixels and I will submit it for consideration to the powers that be.
    Was it Mogook who "volunteered" to construct one for us? Maybe we could help out by submitting suggestions or let him come up with a few to consider and we can vote for the one we like the most, etc.
    I'm flying a little blind here people.... PULL UP! PULL UP! ARGH!!!!!
  2. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    You need to have a red Maryland steamed crab!
  3. DRK_HLMT Force Ghost

star 4
    How about a Raven holding two crossed lightsabers. Sort of like the Eagle symbol with the arrows but replace them with lightsabers. Maybe have the harbor in the background. :D :eek: runs away as tomatoes are hurled in his direction
  4. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    I like the crossed sabers (maybe blue and red). How about that against a gradient blue background with CCFF in front across the middle?
  5. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    I would think you would wat to keep it simple/stupid, being only 50 by 50 pixels, thats not very big, so if you go trying to incorporate complex images and backdrops, you'll only clutter it up and it won't look too great. I could vote for the Raven and lightsabers icon, that sounds great and an easy one to create. I don't know that there are crabs in the Star Wars galaxy though...
  6. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    As long as the Raven maintains its form and can be determined what it is. I say use the one that's on their helmets.
  7. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Raven perched spread-winged on a double-end lightsaber (Maul's), one end red-bladed, the other blue...

No backdrop, just a solid color.
  8. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    I like that idea MuttandSolo.
  9. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Here are some .gif's to help whomever is designing the icon. Any of the one's with the wings spread upwards could easily be shown with a lightsaber in each wing.

Hang on. something weird happened with that server....
  10. Motterman Force Ghost

star 2
    No .gif's show up for me...

Ian
  11. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    How about a lightsabre spearing a crab on a plain blue background?
    :D

Did Eva or Derth throw those tomatoes? We're gonna have to tie their hands behind their backs at meetings if this keeps up.

12. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Here's one. I don't think the .gif's from the other server could support their images directly imbedded.

[image=http://www.ravenszone.net/pressbox/headlinenews/images/birdhead.gif]
  13. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    The only problem I see with using the Raven's mascot is that it is a copyrighted image. Anyone know the JC rules on that?
  14. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    I would think that applies only when attempting to use the image in a money-making venture. Otherwise, it's no different than making it the wallpaper for your computer.
  15. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    Cool with me! Of course, Sapient, you could have just said "I will make it legal." I'm pretty easy that way :D
  16. Mogook Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes Motterman, I volunteered to create the icon. I think using the raven could be good. But, having it perched on the lightsaber might be a lot of detail for 50 x 50. I'll try to work out some ideas and get them posted. Keep the ideas coming.
  17. DerthNader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How about a crab holding two lightsabers? ;)

Hey, it was an uninspired thought, so sue me. I used all of my creativity on the sex-change comment! :D
  18. Motterman Force Ghost

star 2
    Actually, the more I think about it, with Baltimore's dubious record for STD's, I'm not sure having a crab as part of our icon is such a good idea. :p
  19. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    True, Motter. I think it was Maxim that published the Worst Cities listing, and Baltimore was the worst in the U.S for STD's. We were best for Hospital coverage, though :)
  20. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    This figures, you guys use protection out there.

Geeze, I don't ever remember the sex change comment.
  21. Motterman Force Ghost

star 2
    Out where? I'm not seeing anybody. :p
  22. Isbeth Force Ghost

star 4
    That is just a darn shame, you do something about that immediately! That's an order.
  23. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll have a pastrami and swiss on rye, hold the mayo...

Another order, lmao. :p
  24. DerthNader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Why go out and there get some? You run a higher risk of getting...crabs! :D

(Among other nasty diseases...).
  25. DarthSapient Jedi Youngling

star 10
    Speaking of which, try using this little guy for your icon. Flip him over and get some lightsaber clipart and I think you'll have it.

[image=http://www.blue-crab.org/discus/clipart/crab_logo.gif]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.