Mary Charm City FanForce Icon

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Motterman, Feb 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Motterman Jedi Master

star 2

I'll take spicy brown mustard instead of mayo, and hold the Swiss, thanks! :)
  2. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4

Darth, you know if we use the crab and a light sabre, it could have a double meaning, like we are fighting against STD's and we'd like to have crab for dinner. :)
  3. Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight

star 7
    lol. I don't know about the whole crab idea... not that I have a better suggestion. Think anyone could shrink a shot of the harbor down to icon size? :confused: 8-}
  4. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The odds of successfully incorporating a crab into our icon is exactly 764,321 to 1!

I think the crab is a bad idea all the way around and I agree with Motterman, the connotations will only guarantee intense criticism by the rest of the galaxy. A reputation we don't want to incur before we get our feet off the ground. So throw the tomatoes at Isbeth!

I still think the raven and two lightsabers is our best idea yet. If we can't make it work perching one on a double-blader, maybe just a raven holding 2 separate sabers.

And my opinion about shrinking the inner harbor to icon size, is that I don't see it being effective for our purposes, but not a bad idea.
  5. DRK_HLMT Jedi Master

star 4
    Here is a pic of the DoD seal that has the Eagle holding the arrows. We could have a Raven in a similar pose holding two different color sabers or perched on a double-bladed saber.
  6. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    Wait a minute, Mutt, where did all this hostility come from? You are suppose to defend me from Eva and Derth, not encourage them. You only like the Raven idea, 'cause it is yours. Although I gotta admit, I like the double sided lightsabre in two colors, but the raven holding two light sabres, how can a raven hold anything?

Hey, that eagle thing is cool! I like the rays on top too. Maybe it can work.

And Mogook just beat your odds, Mutt..., what a guy!
  7. Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight

star 7
    >You are suppose to defend me from Eva and Derth, not encourage them<

Defend you from what? :confused:

[face_mischief]

8. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    You and Derth and your nasty little condiment war. :(
  9. Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight

star 7
    Why... I have no idea what you're talking about. [face_innocent] [face_devil] ;)
  10. ErrantVenture Jedi Youngling

I'm voting no on the crab. It brings to mind just about every touristy knickknack sold in MD. The only suggestion I have for colors (either in the background, lightsabers, etc.)would be maybe from the state flag. You have to admit, the flag displays plenty of color, in excitingly tacky ways.
  11. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well Isbeth, actually the idea was a composite of DRK_HLMT and Luke_Starkiller, I just put them together and added the double-sided blade to boot. Credit where credit is due...

Although Errant maybe on to something...

And remember tossing salads isn't like dusting crops...
  12. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan

star 4
    **THinks of witty reply, then promptly forgets it**

Why do we need a fancy background at all? I think that we could have just a "plain Jane" background with a lightsaber or two (I still like the idea of the crossed sabers, like a pirate flag). We could always use our FF initials, or even nothing at all.
  13. Motterman Jedi Master

star 2
    Let that be a lesson to you all!

ErrantVenture is here a day and already contributing invaluable ideas to the group!

I like the Maryland flag idea myself. I also like the lightsaber idea. (all three permutations of them) As for the Ravens logo, they are probably going to suck this year anyways! hehe... but in all seriousness, whatever you guys decided on is great for me, just don't use a picture of my butt and you can't go wrong. :p

14. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Before you guys voted against a crab idea, I made this icon. I can work on one with a raven. We don't have to use this crab one. The image isn't as crisp as I'd like it, but that's probably because I tried to get a lot into the small area.

15. Motterman Jedi Master

star 2
    Actually, I kinda do like it, but the other saber should be blue or green - not yellow. IMHO.

Maybe add our initials CCF in the spaces at the top between the sabers....
  16. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hmmm...Motter's butt...mooning the JC...could work.

Then again....
  17. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    See, the crab isn't all that bad. Ditch the flag background however, it is too busy. And can someone PM me that picture of Motterman's butt, for future reference, just in case I have to save it sometime in the future, I wanna be able to recognize it.
  18. Luke_Starkiller Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Isbeth: Personally, I am taking not seeing his butt as payment for possibly saving it later on.
  19. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Okay, I'll admit that Mogook's drawing isn't half bad, but do we have to use a crab???? I hate crabs, all kinds mind you....
  20. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    You got something against crustations Mutt?
  21. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    About as much as that bounty hunter on Ord Mandell, or Greedo and we all know what happened to him...
  22. Isbeth Jedi Master

star 4
    Where is Mogook, is he sleeping on the job?
    How about a raven icon? But personally I'd rather have a crab. Mutt do you have crabaphobia, is that it? Do you have dreams of a giant crab chasing you around Baltimore?
  23. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm not sleeping, I have classes to go to. But, I've been working on a raven icon, I should have it up soon.
  24. Mogook Jedi Padawan

star 4
    This raven icon might not work with the 50x50 constraints. I made an icon like the bald eagle image. The raven is holding a double bladed saber, one side red the other blue. But getting it near 50x50 makes it way too small and you just see something blue with wings. Plus, another thing. I think, with this icon and maybe eventually a webpage, we should try to represent all of Maryland.
  25. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    No, Isbeth my dreams are much more wicked than that. The crab is chasing you!

I do not like them on a plane I wouldn't like them on a train, I do not like red crabs on cakes, Han I am...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.