main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Chart Hits Challenge - Can a recent hit inspire you? (Feb 19th, 2018 - 8 more titles & rule revert)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Ewok Poet, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Sorry for being a bit slower than usual. The index has been updated and here are your songs. :)

So cool to see you back. :) Your song is the one I did not want to give to Ny because it was highly painful - Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People.

Here are the lyrics, the video is in the spoiler.

That's cool and Beat It is an awesome song. Maybe one of these would bring inspiration, too? :) Pick a number and I'll give you lyrics and the video. It would be your first participation in a challenge, too. Just remember to do it in public, as in, in this thread.

I didn't put a limit on how many songs one can pick, so...I guess you just taught me something about running a thread. :p

Your third song is Taylor Swift's I Knew You Were Trouble. Lyrics are here, the video is in the spoiler.

You seem to be getting nothing but love songs. This one is an earworm to teenage girls everywhere and an annoyance to everybody older than sixteen or so... Justin Bieber's Boyfriend.

Lyrics here, video below.

mavjade and Findswoman like this.
  2. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Just a barely coherent heads-up: I edited the first post to clarify some things. :)

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm not sure if this quite fits the song, but the muse just kinda took over, so I may write another entry for my song, even though I'm really not a fan of the song (if that's allowed, I kinda have another, better idea brewing if I have the time to write it).

Anyways, Outrun the Gun. Is now up in NSWFF. It's The West Wing, so blame Mav. Like her, I've tried to summarize what someone would need to know if they haven't seen the show.

mavjade and Ewok Poet like this.
  4. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Wow, that was fast! Thank you. :) Gonna have a looksie ASAP, though it won't be as hardcore as reading Mav's story in three different countries. :eek:

5. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
  6. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    No problem! I will shuffle the remaining numbers and I have removed you from the list.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  8. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Awesome! :) I added you to the index and I'll go have a look. You are more than welcome to take another number. :)

How is everybody else doing?

Findswoman and red rose knight with their firsts?

Raissa Baiard and mavjade with their seconds?

RX_Sith with his third?

It's been a while, so this was a good opportunity to check on y'all.

For everybody who has not played yet and anybody who wants seconds - thirteen more songs are up for grabs.

Findswoman likes this.
  9. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    I am waiting for Rogue One to come out before I do mine. With the song title being "I Knew You Were Trouble" that seems to fit Jyn Erso as a future Rebel.

jcgoble3 and Ewok Poet like this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

Makes perfect sense. :)

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Thank you for the reminder! I'm having a little more trouble with this song, but I'm hopeful I'll get something done. (Maybe after I finish my OTP challenge story :D )

Ewok Poet likes this.
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

Oh gosh, I'm a bit embarrassed. I do have an inkling an idea—since the song I got is immensely, almost excessively teeny-bopper-ish, it involves my two teeny-bopper OCs, one of whom engages in some boy-craziness in an unaccustomed environment. But with one thing and another I haven't been able to start on it yet. Thanks for the nudge, though! (And this is where I'm glad this particular challenge lacks a deadline! :D )

Kahara, Raissa Baiard and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    OK, let's try this ...

I got 21 for an unused dice. Ewok Poet, I've got some free time now to write - let me know what 21 is? :)

14. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    I'm not sure how to throw the die electronically so please give me 22. I'm hoping it's 'Walk of Shame' by Meghan Trainor. I see that 'Title' was mentioned in the top post.

Ewok Poet, A Blind Prophet and Kahara like this.
  15. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    i'd like number 23, if that's alright. since it doesn't look like it's been taken yet.

Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  16. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    I'd forgotten this one didn't have a deadline. :)

Okay, and it looks like 6 is still open?

Ewok Poet and A Blind Prophet like this.
  17. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    21 was previously picked, but the author returned it.

Your song is Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball.

The video is absolutely against the TOS, but the lyrics are not. :)

Somebody's clairvoyant, I think!

You do get a Meghan Trainor song, but it's neither of those. It's the best pick of all thirty, because you can literally do ANYTHING with it. I'm excited that it finally got picked. :D

It's No. Lyrics are here, the video is under the spoiler.

Your song is Rihanna's Only Girl (In The World). The title could inspire lots of creepy, creepy stuff, I think. :D

Lyrics are here, the video is under the spoiler.

Number six is a song by Lana Del Rey, Summertime Sadness.

Lyrics are here, the video is under the spoiler. It contains some suicidal imagery, so don't watch if you're triggered by that.

Nine more songs are available, so if anybody else wants in, come and pick a number. :)

Kahara and A Blind Prophet like this.
  18. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    indeed... that very likely could. will have to think on it a bit... but i think i already have an idea. might actually be an oc i'm doing something with in the RPF, actually.

Kahara and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    OCs are A-OK.

Also check this and this thread. :)

Kahara and A Blind Prophet like this.
  20. A Blind Prophet

Mar 25, 2016
    lord, if i'm listing all of my RPF characters... OC's is about all i ever do over there. will have to chat in the OC thread though. thanks for the links.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  21. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    If not the other two, this one is a fantastic choice. My kids listed to Kidz Bop CDs and that is where I first heard No. This will be so much fun.

Kahara, Ewok Poet and A Blind Prophet like this.
  22. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    Huh, a song that I actually haven't heard before! Neat. (Maybe a warning before the video for suicidal imagery though? I'm not triggered by that but someone else could be.)

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  23. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    @EwokPoet - wow. :eek: Was not expecting that song (and I should've, since I read the first page ... [face_thinking])

I do, however, have an idea - I'll work on it Saturday, though, since it's about quarter to midnight here. :p

Ewok Poet and Kahara like this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

I never watched the video before, so I just skimmed through it and didn't realise. Thanks for the warning, will add it.

Kahara likes this.
  25. Kahara

Mar 3, 2001
    No problem -- like I said, it's not an issue for me. :) And I'd kind of figured that was the case; it's not really obvious unless you watch the whole thing. Just figured it could be noted for whoever else is browsing.

Ewok Poet likes this.