main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Chasca's Fanart

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Chasca, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chasca

Chasca Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2006
    I haven't been drawing Star Wars fanart that long. I have others, but this is the only one that I'm actually pleased with at the moment:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/31021676/

Originally it was going to be an AotC picture, but I kept messing up on Anakin and I didn't want to ruin the paper, so I decided to make it a picture of just Padme.

2. Giolon05

Giolon05 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2005
    What a lovely way to start your thread Chasca! The detail in Padmé's hair curls is outstanding, and though her face is a little long to be Padmé, I can still completely tell its her because you nailed the look of her eyes and eyebrows. I look forward to seeing more. Welcome to the fan art board. :)

3. Chasca

Chasca Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2006
    :) Thank you so much! Her hair took the longest. Yeah, I have some trouble when drawing people's faces realistically, mainly the cheekbone to chin area. Thanks again for the feedback! I really appreciate it!

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey there, Chasca!

That's really a great drawing! Like what was already mentioned, the detail in the curls is what really makes it stand out. I also like how you incorporated words into the piece. Nice job! :)

5. Chasca

Chasca Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2006
    Thank you! :) I'm glad you both like the curls. They did take a while, but they were fun to draw at the same time.

6. Your_Worshipfulness

Your_Worshipfulness Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    Padme is so lovely! Not to be repetetive, but really, her eye and eyebrows are perfectly Padme. Her hair is so well defined and is easily the feature that sticks out the most to me. I also found the background to be very creative. Not only do I like how you added in the words, but also how they fit into the background - not bold, and it's the same colour as the white pattern. Very beautiful :)

- Suz ^_~

7. Chasca

Chasca Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2006
    Thank you! :) I used to have a lot of trouble drawing eyes, so I'm glad you think they're accurate! Hehe, if I had kept Anakin I wouldn't have drawn the curls--I'm kind of glad I changed the picture. I was a bit nervous when I did the background, because I'd only attempted something like it a few times before and I didn't know if it would work, so thank you for the wonderful comment as well as all of the others!

8. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi Chasca! Welcome to Fanart! [:D]

Wow, that looks great! =D=
    Love your style and would like to see more. [face_praying]

9. Chasca

Chasca Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2006
    Thanks! :) I love this forum, it's so much fun looking through the threads!

Thank you! I'm so glad you like my style, and hopefully I'll something up soon. Star Wars is a really fun fan art subject and there are so many possibilities!

10. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Very nice! I agree with Your_Worshipfulness, her hair really stands out for me as well. It's a very unique way to draw curls - I like! :D

11. Chasca

Chasca Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2006
    Thank you! It means a lot to me that you think that! :)

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello Chasca and please accept my rather belated welcome to the forum!

This is just beautiful--I especially love the unique style of it, almost reminiscent of medieval illustrations you might find in bibles: the beautiful scrolling along the top and bottom, and the text that sort of fades into a brocade pattern all around her are lovely counterpoints to the portrait itself. And I agree that you've captured the facial features with enough accuracy that we all know right away who this is. The hair (as everyone has already commented) is just exquisite in the detailing--it must have taken you ages to get it all done, but the effect is just luscious! I'd love to see you do one of Anakin now, to match this one--but it'll be great to see whatever you post next! Beautiful!

FF

13. Chasca

Chasca Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2006
    Wow, thank you! :) Those types of artists are some of my role-models, so I'm really flattered! I'm so glad you like it and think it's detailed, I try to make it detailed but sometimes I worry that I'm just not a fast artist. Now that you mention it, I'd love to do one of Anakin, I think that would be really fun! Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.