main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Chasing Dreams (L/M) post-NJO - COMPLETE (Epilogue - 10/2)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    nice post

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    RedGold - Thanks! :)
    Well, I guess I will put it up here once I'm done with ES. and Thanks! I'm rather proud of that ending... just... um... don't give it away, kinda ruins the effect...
    Yes, put it up! My lips are sealed about the ending ;)

Jadie - Thank you :)
    I thought the farmboy only drank hot chocolate...
    I'm always looking for a good excuse to get Luke drunk ;)
    Really? I've got a thing for Jaina/Kyp... well... looks like Mara wouldn't be the first Skywalker female to hate Callista...
    Probably not. But most of the other Jedi are already married, so...
    Thanks for the reply!

AG88 - Thanks!
    I love the part where a drunk Luke is looking Mara up and down, sizing her up.
    He'd never had the gall to do it before...
    Luke doesn't remember. I guess that handprint on his cheek had faded by morning
    [face_blush] Yeah, well...um...you see, subconsciously, Mara didn't really want to push him away at all, so she didn't hit him that hard. Yeah :p

Anakins_Force - Thank you :D
    I like it that you're showing Mara start to be affected by Luke's 'charms' even when he's out of it.
    She can deny it all she likes, but it clear to everyone who much she liked him at this stage.
    I wonder if he really forgot what happened or if he wanted to make it easier on Mara/keep their relationship the same.
    [face_thinking]
    Thanks for reading!

jade51999 - Thanks!
    Look what happens when you mix a lonely Jedi Master and Corellian Brandy....
    I think its a good combination :D Lowering inhibitions and all of that...
    I wonder if they're going to have a conversation about that one at some point eh?
    Maybe. [face_whistling]
    Thanks for the reply!

Jedi Trace - Thank you :)
    I can totally see it happening. They were both perfectly in character, even when drunk/hungover
    I'm glad you liked, I was worried about whether it could have happened, realistically, but, dammit, I wanted them to kiss!
    These flashbacks are some of my favorite parts of the story.
    Thank you so much :)

Jedi-2B - Both of them lost someone who was totally wrong for them in the first place. (Admittedly, the Emperor was wrong in a different, and much much worse, way.)
    I think they were always more similar than they admitted - neither of them are a stranger to loss.
    Those parts in Darksaber nearly made me gag. And that was before I ever thought he'd get together with Mara
    Ack, me too. Give me L/M banter any day.
    I wonder if he ever gave the jacket back to her, such as after they got together?
    [face_thinking] Probably. He probably kept it all that time, a a little reminder of her. Him giving it back to her would be an interesting scene, though...
    Thanks for the feedback!

LumiKuningatar - Luke sure got off lightly, didn't he? Mara didn't decapitate him or cause him any lasting damages which is a good thing
    Very good. If he'd been anyone else...
    Must be frustrating for Mara to know what happened while Lukie-boy doesn't remember squat..
    Yes, but at least it gives some scope to how readily Mara accepted Luke's proposal. She remembered just how good of a kisser he was... ;)
    Thanks for reading!

ginchy - [:D]
    And I love how Mara gives Luke the benefit of the doubt every time he does something that would cause Mara to harm other men.
    Aint that the truth? Surely that would have given her a clue, but..:rolleyes:
    I just love Luke telling Mara to never cut her hair. I'd bet that red/gold would be a color he would love--probably never saw much of it. And it reminds me of your other story--Scars
    :D I really am glad you liked that. I think Mara's hair would be one of Luke's favourite features about her. And linking it my other fic, well... [face_blush]
    Thanks so much!

cheersweetie27 - Thank you :)
    Nice to see the Jedi Master as a real human

3. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Great last posts! Love the way Luke handled Callista. Strong but still a gentleman. Sorry I have not been able to responed for awhile, but I am a paramedic/firefighter in New Orleans and things have been, well busy. In fact thank you for posting because this is the first real downtime I have had and it is real wonderful to be able to catch up on one of my favorite stories on the forums right now. Thank you[face_love]

4. LumiKuningatar

LumiKuningatar Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Yes, but at least it gives some scope to how readily Mara accepted Luke's proposal. She remembered just how good of a kisser he was...

Well, there is always that.. :D ;)

5. Maul Brady

Maul Brady Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 1999
    I can't believe I've neglected my fanfics for almost two weeks! Great posts! Can't wait to see what will happen next.

Still not liking Ben's "imaginary friend". :D

6. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Please, up!! Can't wait for the next segment! :)

8. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    JEDIFLYSWATTER - Thank you :)
    Love the way Luke handled Callista. Strong but still a gentleman
    Is he anything but? :D
    Sorry I have not been able to responed for awhile, but I am a paramedic/firefighter in New Orleans and things have been, well busy
    I can imagine! [:D] Hope everything is going okay up there.

LumiKuningatar - Well, there is always that..
    That's my story, and i'm sticking to it! :p Honestly, what kind of woman accepts a proposal before even kissing the man?

Maul Brady - Thanks! :)
    Still not liking Ben's "imaginary friend"
    Try thinking of him as a big Force-ghostie teddy bear ;) Thanks for reading!

Jadie :) Thanks!

Jade_eyes - Thank you. Here's an update (sorry it's late!) :D

A/N: This will be the second to last chapter of this story, there will be a short epilogue to follow just to tie up the final loose ends. Hope you enjoy, and thank you all very much for reading :)

[b]Skywalker apartment, Coruscant. 32 ABY.[/b]

She wasn?t exactly sure why she?d come. Perhaps some of that latent courage, the woman inside of her that had defiantly faced death on the [i]Eye of Palpatine[/i], who had remained strong and true during those terrible years that followed. There was something left in her perhaps, that couldn?t rest until she had followed through ? until she had found peace again. The Callista she used to be would never have said such sordid things about another woman as she had said to Luke. Would never have tried to entice him away from his wife. It had been despicable behaviour ? for which she had deserved his anger, his rejection.

Perhaps that was the reason she was seated across from Mara Jade, whose cold green eyes bore into her soul. Maybe she needed the chance for amends ? if she was truly to join the Jedi. Callista winced under the scrutiny, but was sure Luke had not told her of her most unsavoury actions, since she was not lying in a lightsaber-defiled heap on the floor. For that, she supposed she should be thankful.

Callista shifted uneasily in her seat, her mouth dry and unable to form the words she wanted. Mara folded her arms and huffed angrily in response.

?I don?t know when Luke will be back.? There was venom in her tone.

Callista cleared her throat, apprehensively. She?d noticed that the moment she?d arrived. She was sure that if Luke had been at the apartment, she would have been herded away, as it was, Mara appeared to be feeling generous. ?Actually,? she began, ?I came to see you.?

A red-gold eyebrow tilted sceptically as Mara looked her up and down. "What could we possibly have to say to one another??

?Look, Mara,? she took a chance with using her given name. ?I didn?t come here to provoke you.?

Surprisingly, Mara let out a resigned sigh, her expression softening. ?Fine.? She gestured for Callista to continue.

Callista searched inside of herself for the right words. ?I suppose Luke told you what I spoke to him about??

A smirk appeared on Mara?s face, and Callista regretted bringing it up. Still, if they were going to see each other, even in passing, it was best to find some sort of common ground.

?Luke did mention you wanting to rejoin the Jedi.? Mara?s bright eyes flicked. ?I pointed out that the Temple kitchen needs a new Nerf Chef,? she continued, her smug expression set. Callista balked at the insult, her mouth opening in horror, but that only seemed to fuel Mara even more. ?And of course, there?s always room on the groundskeeping staff. And the refresher facilities don?t clean themselves.? Mara smiled at her, raising a challenging eyebrow.

Callista wanted to run, to rush away from the indignity, but reminded herself that there was a higher purpose to her being here. And, hadn?t she said much worse, much more damaging things about Mara to Luke? At least the other woman had the courage to say what she felt to Callista?s face. Although the

9. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Great chapter... lots of emotion going on there... and great tie-ins to TJK!

sad to see it over

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Stunning resolution and wonderful heart tugging conversations to clear the air for everyone. Sad to see this grand fic come to a close--I've savored every word.

11. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Wonderful post! I love this story!!

LOL[face_laugh] That is so true. If Mara knew the half of it she would be so dead!!!

Ouch! That smarts, Mara. [face_laugh] Nice dig on Callista. ;)

Great chapter. I like seeing Ben with his family. Luke and Mara are great parents. I like reading those tender moments between them.

Great job!! I look forward to the next update!

AG88

12. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Very moving chapter! Excellent interactions with all and I especially loved the Luke/Ben scene working on the X-wing. [face_love]

Looking forward to the conclusion - though I hate to see it end. :)

13. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    Awesome chap, and it set up great for TJK. This story has been so good, I'm sad that it's ending! Can't wait for the end.

14. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    I liked how Callista is finally learning her place around Luke and Mara. Great interaction with Ben and Luke--I hope we see more of them.

As usual, your dialogue is flawless--it flows wonderfully. The only thing I don't like is that you said this will be ending soon. Are we going to get a sequel? (I hope!).

15. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Great chapters - this one and the last one.

Ben was so cute working with the X-wing with his daddy. Awwwwwwwwwwww

16. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    Loved it, loved it, loved it!!! :D

Lukie's such a nice daddy! Lukie, don't you want to be my dad, too??? :p

I liked Callista and Mara's conversation. Finally, some ice was broken! ;)

17. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh, wonderful chapter, J.L.! I loved every word of it! =D=

?And of course, there?s always room on the groundskeeping staff. And the refresher facilities don?t clean themselves?. Mara smiled at her, raising a challenging eyebrow.

Hee! I LOVE it! LOL--refresher facilities! Take that, body snatcher! ;)

I LOVED Luke and Ben's section. Luke is a good Daddy and Ben feels things strongly, even without the Force, I think. (He's truly his Father and Grandfather's offspring. LOL) I just imagined little Anakin from TPM with the too-big flight helmet on when thinking of Ben. Awww...

And Callista and Mara's section was perfect. I like how Callista didn't just huff off angry with Mara, realizing that she had said much worse about Mara herself. And I love how Callista brought up Mara's illness...much as I hate to say it maybe Callista and Mara are a teeny-little bit (miniscule, really) alike.

But only a little! LOL

I can't wait for the epilogue, but I'm so sad my favorite story is ending! :_|

But at least I have more stories from you to look forward to! :D

18. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Sounds like we're reaching the end here....looking foward to the resolution!

Nice connection to what i've heard of Dark Nest.

:)

19. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Wonderful chapter, and great tie-in to the beginning of The Joiner King. I'm glad that things were settled peaceably with Callista.

20. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    RedGold - Thank you :)

Jade_eyes - Thanks!
    Sad to see this grand fic come to a close--I've savored every word.
    [:D]

academygrad88 - Thanks so much :)
    I like seeing Ben with his family. Luke and Mara are great parents. I like reading those tender moments between them.
    So do I. It's something I really miss in the profics.

Jedi Trace - Thank you :)
    I especially loved the Luke/Ben scene working on the X-wing.
    Ben is his father's son, after all ;)

cheersweetie27 - Thanks :D
    Awesome chap, and it set up great for TJK
    Glad to hear it. Although, hearing spoilers from TUQ is worrying me ;)

Anakins_Force - Thank you :)
    Are we going to get a sequel? (I hope!).
    You like it enough for a sequel? I'm honoured.
    I was thinking of a sequel focusing more on the Anakin/Ben relationship, but i'll have to wait and see how Dark Nest turns out.

Jedi_Liz - Thanks!
    Ben was so cute working with the X-wing with his daddy
    I can really see that as something they could bond over. Cuteness ensuing of course ;)

Jadie - Thank you :)
    I liked Callista and Mara's conversation. Finally, some ice was broken!
    I thought it would be best that they at least found some common ground ;)

ginchy - [:D]
    I LOVED Luke and Ben's section. Luke is a good Daddy and Ben feels things strongly, even without the Force, I think.
    :D I love writing interaction between those two. they're such a cute pair.
    And I love how Callista brought up Mara's illness...much as I hate to say it maybe Callista and Mara are a teeny-little bit (miniscule, really) alike.
    That was a flash of inspiration, really, it suddenly occurred to me that their situations were very similar (Callista and the loss of the Force, Mara and her illness). They were both limited, and Luke had too watch them both suffer, unable to help. They just reacted differently to the same situation :)

jade51999 - Thank you :)
    Nice connection to what i've heard of Dark Nest
    Thanks, I tried to make a bit of a bridge with this story.

Jedi-2B - Thanks!
    I'm glad that things were settled peaceably with Callista.
    :) I thought it was important for Mara and Luke to come to terms with her and for all three of them to find peace with the situation. Thanks for reading!

21. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Super job! I am going to miss this one very much. I like the tie in with "The Joiner King". Also I do hope to see a sequel to this story. Not like the sequel that we are having in New Oreleans; "Levee Break Episode II". Thanks for helping to give me some moments of peace and escape. Just please everyone say a prayer for everyone in Texas and Louisiana. Thanks again!@};-

22. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Wow great stuff keep up the good work.

23. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
  24. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Ben and Luke working together on the Xwing was a wonderful scene. It's good for boys to spend time with dad. It is also good that Moms don't know everything that dads do with their sons. We'd worry too much.

Glad that Mara and Callista have come to an understanding.

25. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    UP, again!!! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.