main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Chasing Dreams (L/M) post-NJO - COMPLETE (Epilogue - 10/2)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    I'm going to help Jadie out here...UP! ;)

Hi, JL! [:D]

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    JEDIFLYSWATTER - Thank you :)
    Also I do hope to see a sequel to this story. Not like the sequel that we are having in New Oreleans; "Levee Break Episode II".
    Yes, I heard abouty that - my thoughts and prayers are with you all [:D] Hopefully I'll get a sequel done eventually

Peagis - Thanks! :D

RebelMom - Thank you :)
    Ben and Luke working together on the Xwing was a wonderful scene. It's good for boys to spend time with dad.
    I think so too. There's only so much Mara can smother him ;)

Jadie - Thanks for the ups [:D] DRL has hit me really hard this week, but i'll try to have it up within the next few days. I'd much rather write about Luke and Mara than 3000 words comparing Cabaret and Citizen Kane, with academic references, I can tell you. [face_beatup]

ginchy - Hi![:D] Update within the week, I swear.

3. Jadie

Jadie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    You may be busy, JadeLotus, but that doesn't mean this thread can't go UP!!! :p

4. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    I've been a very bad reader on this fic.... [face_blush] I loved the last chapter - beautiful conversation between Luke and Ben, and Mara and Callista's talk was great as well. I really like that you haven't made Callista a villian in this fic - it's pretty rare to see her dealt with in a believeable way, so kudos for doing so with such success! :D Ben's just adorable, and I love the way you linked in with TJK in regard to his use of the Force.

Looking forward to the final part, though I'll be sad to see this story end. No pressure though.... that essay sounds like a bit of a monster. [face_worried] Reminds me of all the study I'm supposed to be doing... :p

5. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    Up again! [face_batting]

6. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Knight_Aragorn - Thank you :)
    I really like that you haven't made Callista a villian in this fic - it's pretty rare to see her dealt with in a believeable way, so kudos for doing so with such success!
    I really appreciate this. One of my main goals was too make Callista a bit more three-dimensional a character, and I wasn't sure i'd pulled it off. I'm so glad that it seemed that way to you.
    Looking forward to the final part, though I'll be sad to see this story end. No pressure though.... that essay sounds like a bit of a monster. Reminds me of all the study I'm supposed to be doing...
    Study's a killer, isn't it? More time consuminmg than difficult, as i'm sure you know ;) I'm hankering for a stress-free summer...:D

Jadie - Thanks. :) I should have the last post up later today.

7. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    The long and winding road
    That leads to your door?

Yes, this is the end. Thanks to all of my wonderful readers:

Academygrad88
    Americantragedy
    Anakins_Force
    Ari_stormset
    Asyr Handor
    AvenKiel
    Azeria_Jade
    Bianka_Kenobi
    Cheersweetie27
    Ginchy
    Jade51999
    Jade_eyes
    Jaded_Girl
    Jadie
    Jaina_Solo_15
    Jedi_2B
    Jedi_Anais
    Jedi_Liz
    Jedi_Trace
    JediJainaSoloFel
    Jediflyswatter
    Jek_Windu
    Kayladie97
    Knight_Aragorn
    LadyPadme
    LumiKuningator
    LVB
    Maramijade
    Maul Brady
    Mirax_Corran
    Neo-Paladin
    Peagis
    Petra_delling
    Rhonderoo
    RebelMom
    RedGold
    Teh-Mole
    Zonoma

[:D] [:D] [:D]

Your replies have meant so much to me. This was my first SW fic to have any real length to it, so thank you all for sticking with me and inspiring me to continue writing. And to any lurkers out there that have read and enjoyed the fic ? thanks heaps to you too.

Also a huge, tremendous thanks to ginchy, who has been my confident and sounding board through the later half of the fic, keeping me on track and helping me out when I was stuck and unsure of where to go with it all. And for telling me that yes, I did need a chapter where Mara is sick and has to lay around in Luke?s bed :p . Also a big thanks to Jadie, for always upping the thread and influencing/inspiring the Anakin-Ben subplot. Cheers to that.

If anyone is interested, I have a new fic started, Chimera. It?s a Dark AU, where Luke is only a half-trained Jedi and is now serving under the Emperor, waiting to avenge his father. Mara has a substantial role, as well.

I hope you all enjoyed this fic - I very much enjoyed sharing it with you.

So, without further ado, the conclusion:

[b]Skywalker Apartment, Coruscant. 32 ABY.[/b]

The mid-afternoon breeze drifted in invitingly from the open balcony, bringing the sallow, fading sounds of Coruscant winding down. The soft afternoon sun highlighted the gold in her hair, and played across her skin, tinting it a deep bronze colour. For a moment, Luke almost forgot why he?d come as he stood mutely in the doorway of the bedroom. He watched his wife, lightly dozing on the bed, her boots still securely fastened to her feet and her Jedi robe flung carelessly over a repulser-chair.

Luke started towards her carefully, very aware of the precious gift he carried on the tray in his arms. He set in gently down on the side-table and sat next to his wife on the bed. He wouldn?t wake her just yet. No, Luke Skywalker enjoyed these silent moments of contemplation, watching the curve of her eyelashes, the arc of her neck as it met her perfect shoulder. The light fluttering of her eyelids and the slight, silent words that her dreams formed on her mouth. He had seen the image more times than he could count, but he never ceased to be fascinated by it. Or to remind himself how lucky he was.

It wasn?t long before his thoughts began to bleed into her consciousness, because he could see the slight movement to her lips in the beginnings of a smile. He leaned over and placed a soft kiss to the upturned corner of her mouth. When he pulled back, he was rewarded by the fluttering of her eyelids, revealing the smoky jade depths beneath them. Mara?s smile became wider as she focussed on his face, bestowing him with an adorning gaze.

?What were you dreaming?? Luke asked gently, reaching for her hand.

Her smile became secretive, her eyes drifting closed again for a few moments. When she opened them again, they were completely clear, twinkling mischievously. ?It doesn?t matter,? she whispered, holding his hand in both of hers. ?Being awake is so much more enjoyable.? She tugged his hand slightly, and he obligingly lay down beside her, his forehead pressed against hers.

?It?s not like you to sleep during the day,? Luke said softly, his hand moving slowly down her waist to rest on her hip.

A small crease formed between Mara?

8. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Oh! Squeee! :D It's here! And I LOVE it! What a great ending to a wonderful story, JL! I just enjoyed this fic SO much. I think I may have to print it out so that I can read it, while lounging in bed or the bathtub one evening. It's just the perfect story...top notch Luke/Mara interaction, a wonderful little Ben, and even a somewhat likeable Callista. You've done so well with all their human interaction...take a bow, lady! =D=

They fell asleep like that, Mara pressed close to her husband?s side, Ben nestled in tightly, his head pillowed against his mother?s waist, and Luke with his arms around the both of them.

Okay, I changed my mind. This is what I'd like someone to draw! What a beautiful little family scene...[face_love] My heart is just melting! And I love how Mara reminds Luke of their first kiss...tee-hee. I'll bet she's just been sitting on that one for awhile, waiting for the perfect opportunity to spring it on him. [face_laugh]

Also a huge, tremendous thanks to ginchy, who has been my confident and sounding board through the later half of the fic, keeping me on track and helping me out when I was stuck and unsure of where to go with it all. And for telling me that yes, I did need a chapter where Mara is sick and has to lay around in Luke?s bed. :p

Well, I have to live vicariously some way, don't I? That's the closest I've got to getting into Luke's bed! ;) LOL You are SO welcome...thanks for letting me help you out! I really enjoyed it! Feel free to PM me anytime you feel stuck...I love to help out!

I'm just so sad it's at an end, but I know we have many more wonderful stories to look forward to from you! :)

9. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005
    Oh, this was wonderful. I will check out the story you linked as well, but I'd love to see you keep going with this Luke and Mara--you handle their interactions so well. Mara was missing from much of The Unseen Queen so I am going to have to rely on fan fic for her character and you would fill in the gaps perfectly.

Sorry, I don't mean to pressure you, lol. I enjoyed every minute of this fic. Great job.

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    The ending was wonderful. I love those tender family moments. Great characterization throughout the entire story. =D= Take a bow. :) @};-

11. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Excellent ending JadeLotus!

Well done!

12. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    aawwww... that was beautiful!
    Great job on a fic well done!

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Perfection!!!!!!!!! Loved it! Just totally adored every word! [:D] @};-

14. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    awwwwww, that was sooo cute with Ben getting into bed with his mommy and daddy.

Great ending!

15. Jadie

Jan 9, 2005
    Awwwwwwww!!! I can't believe it's over! :_|

That was so cute! I can see the image in my mind: Mara, Luke and Ben between them, sleeping! :_| =D= I loved this story so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so muuuuuuuuuuuuch!

You're great, JadeLotus! =D= Awsome job! ;)

16. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Wonderfully sweet ending! I loved the references to when she was sick, and her understanding of their first kiss. I suppose they did need that time apart before they could be together. At least, we have to keep telling ourselves that, since that's the way it happened.

The image of the three of them snuggled together on the bed was so heartwarming. Loved it!

17. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    That was an absolutely perfect ending!! Wonderful job with this fic. You are very talented. Great job, JadeLotus!!!

AG88

18. cheersweetie27

cheersweetie27 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 20, 2003
    That was beautiful! Great story, JadeLotus. I'm going to miss it!

19. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    =D= =D= =D=

Congratulations on completing your first full-length SW story, JadeLotus! [face_dancing]

It was wonderful all the way through! :D And I really adored the end ? such a tender and beautiful conclusion. [face_love]

Brava! I just loved it!

@};- @};- @};- @};- @};-

20. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Wonderful finish. I could picture the scene in my head, wonderful :)

21. JediJainaSoloFel

JediJainaSoloFel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2004
    Amazing finish to a wonderful story. Although I haven't been able to comment as extensively or as often as I might have liked, I've always been reading and enjoying. Bravo on completing such a wonderful story.=D==D==D=

22. JEDIFLYSWATTER

JEDIFLYSWATTER Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2004
    Wonderful ending!=D= They are a real soild family unit and I am real proud of how Mara came to put her feeling for Callista in the propure place. Really enjoied the story. Sorry if any words are missed spelled, but my kitty, Callista, seems to share in this feeling and is helping me type. Don't tell her but I am a Mara/Luke fan.;)

23. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    ginchy - Thanks so much - I'm absolutely thrilled you enjoyed it so much (and I can always count on you for a lovely long review ;)) aNd what would we do with ourselves if we couldn't live vacariously through these characters? :p [face_blush]

Anakins_Force - Thank you - i'm glad you are so eager for a sequel. And you're right - fanfic's always there to plug the gaps that the profics leave ;) Thanks so much for reading.

RebelMom - Thank you :) *takes bow* [face_blush]

Jade51999 - Thanks! :D

RedGold - Thank you :)

Jade_eyes - Thank you - thanks for reading!

Jedi_Liz - Thanks! I like that image as well :)

Jadie - Thank you so much - i'm so happy you liked it :)

Jedi-2B - :D lol - we're stuck with what the profics given us, and we have to make the most of it, I agree! Thanks so much for reading.

academygrad88 - [face_blush] Thank you - i'm glad the ending was satisfying.

cheersweetie27 - Thanks so much :)

Jedi Trace - Thank you - i've loved the buzz of finally completingit. Thanks so much for your support :)

jacen200015 - Thank you!

JediJainaSoloFel - Thanks so much - i'm glad you've enjoyd it. Your reviews have always been so encouraging :)

JEDIFLYSWATTER - Thanks! I'm so glad that you've enjoyed it. Your cat is named Callista? Don't worry, mums the word ;)

Again, thanks to all of you [:D] [:D]

24. angel_gidget

angel_gidget Jedi Master star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    Time for me to confess...I'm a lurker. However, I will come ot of lurk-dom enough to tell you that I really enjoyed your story. Hopefully, the offering that I come to bear you will help make up for some of my reticence...

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/angel_gidget/ChaseDreamCover.jpg]

Between your story, and a fabulous photo of an actress I like, I couldn't resist the call of the photoshop program...

25. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Good stuff a bit mushy but really well done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.