main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lg.Is, NY Chat room

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Moorglade, May 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moorglade

Moorglade Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    We've set up a chat room on our site, and want to try it out. So we're having a test chat Monday 5/17, at 10 PM. All are welcome to join in the mayhem!

Chat room
    You will need to create a user name and password.

2. StarFromIHJ

StarFromIHJ Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2002
    I'll be there!

3. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    One thing I've discovered so far - if you have any kind of firewall software running it may interfere with logging into the chat room. Other than that, so far it seems to be working. We'll see how it goes tonight. :)

4. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    Hi.
    Well it works fine for me. me and several others just did an entire comparison of doctor whoo and star wars. It was fun.

5. MasterSifo-Dyas

MasterSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2002
    How was the chat everybody? I couldnt be there because its either me or Triss on our one computer. She types faster. --Billy

6. Moorglade

Aug 1, 2002
    The chat was great!

7. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    It was really successful! There were about ten people there, including two members of MEPA.

The only bad thing I can think of is the fact we have no way to moderate the chatroom. There is no way to ignore and/or ban a person if we need to. I still think IRC would work better for what we need. I looked up how to get the room I set up on IRC (#DB516) onto our webpage. Here is the link to the directions on how to set up the Java applet on our site. Anyone wanna try to put it on there?

8. GotMauled

GotMauled Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2004
    Hi you all.
    I thought last night was fun to. Sorry i could not stay any longer. I was getting tird and had a roller coaster to finish. I think it might be nice to do that every monday and place a sugjested time limit of 20 minutes. Any thing longer and it will start to get worn out really fast.

9. StarFromIHJ

Apr 5, 2002
    I do not think a time limit is necessary. People can come and go as they please and if the room is really talkative why should we break up the conversation after 20 minutes?

10. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Sorry I wasn't there--my dorm Internet comes with a built-in firewall. So I won't be able to join you in any future chats, unless you get a Java/IRC room like MEPA's. :( :_|

11. ThaKidIz2Nice

ThaKidIz2Nice Jedi Youngling

Aug 22, 2004
    Its Probaly Corny lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.