chat session

Discussion in 'Tampa Bay, FL' started by SithFan1977, Jun 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithFan1977 Jedi Knight

star 1
    we need to come up with a chat group weekly meeting. i can never find more than one or two people online at a time. anybody have a day when we can all sit down and chat would be perfect?
  2. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    There is a post out on this and at least twice a month would be helpful or the interest groups can hold chats. We will be posting more info. to the new fans, so be patient and they will come!! A very good suggestion. Actually we do have a chat group site on MSN groups under the chapters name, Tampa Docking Bay 1138. Denise did a very hanger scene for the opening page.

Joe do you have capabilities for chat groups or rooms on your server?
  3. Xyber_Hex Force Ghost

star 4
    It only takes a minute to set up an irc chatroom that is accessable by anyone needed and can be moderated.
    They can also be accessed through the web or with any irc client.
  4. Hopkins9482 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know of an IRC server that my friend is hosting and is willing to let us use for chatting. The basic program to download is mIRC found at http://www.mirc.com and it is a safe program (been using it for years). I am willing to help anyone with it as I am around and get everyone to his server. It says that you have to pay after a 30 day trial, but there are ways around that and you can still use it without the trial, so contact me and I'll get you all hooked up.

AOL & Yahoo Instant Messengers: mdl9482
    MSN/Hotmail/Windows Messengers: mdl9482@msn.com
  5. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
  6. Xyber_Hex Force Ghost

star 4
    It says that you have to pay after a 30 day trial
    Worst thing that happens if you do not pay is you get a 15 second screen every time you start up..not the most deadly thing out there and then it works normally or you can just get a crack like 99.9% of the population out there that just does a google search.
  7. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Or we can just post on here when and what time we are going to to do this use a chat room already made up lock everyone else out of it. Just send people the IM to get in, no cost no fuss. EASY.
  8. Hopkins9482 Jedi Knight

star 1
    OR you could have read what I said and mentioned that you DON'T have to pay for the program EVEN after the 30 days are over since it doesn't force you off...

Either way, it is possible to have the program for free...even without a crack or code for those who care not about it, though I could easily share mine with everyone and have no problem. I don't want this stopping any of us from doing this and since we already have an IRC server we can use that's private and VERY safe to use and run by my English friend who was here for the party (for those of you who got to meet him) it'll also let me inform you more about my side of Star Wars...:p
  9. Allysium Jedi Knight

star 1
    I like the IRC idea.
  10. vampyregodz Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can host chats on my server no problem once i get the site redone and transferred over we can have online chats and our own forum!
  11. Hopkins9482 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Perhaps we should set a poll or something as to what server or whatnot we're going to use. I have a guaranteed server available now for our use if we wish which can be easily privitized in a few clicks. Same one I've been talking about and just wanted to make it a point again since he offered it before we even mentioned it in this board (Marie, myself, and him were talking about it Saturday night). No cost to anyone and very simple to get to with just a simple download of a completly free and safe program plus it has a lot of other interesting perks with it too (I'll discuss that with those who wish to get on the server). Please contact me if you wish to use it as I already have a place set and reserved for it. Just bringing it up again.
  12. SithFan1977 Jedi Knight

star 1
    im sorry to interrupt, but can we get along, and try to make a decision as a group? "respect!, found out what that means to me! sock it to me!"
  13. LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Knight

star 3
    OK guys we need to hold off on this IRC chat room thing, it seems that we are all forgetting that Jamie holds the rights to the website postion and Im having trouble getting a hold of him. I know he is busy with work and all. But I need to hear it from him before we do anything with this stuff. I put Joe in touch with Jamie so far to talk about it and I have not heard back from Jamie on this so lets hold up till we hear from Jmaie on this subject OK??? And I believe Marie also has the final say in this she has been paying for the website all by her self. So getting with her and Jamie on this is where its at.

We may need to do another meeting before or right after the Warwick Davis event goes down to talk about things as far as the website goes and vote people into postions concerning it. I dont want this whole thing getting out of hand, it does not look good on the boards for new poeple to read and such.

I don't have a problem with anyone here running the website or chat room thing, but Marie owns the site and Jamie runs still as far as I know, I dont believe Jamie gave up his postion just yet.

NOT TRYING TO BE PAIN OR JERK JUST TRYING CLEAR SOME SMOKE.....GETTING A LITTE HOT
  14. Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay fans, this started as simple suggestion....ONLY!!! I was only talking about using the MSN one that is already setup or Yahoo. I do beleive that whereever the website is...it can include a chat area. For now, anyone canpresent to the members a website design. Jaimie is the IT/webmaster with afew people assisting. Mainly myself, Jace and I beleive Denise. Since we have so many interested in this field it will be voted on at a meeting by everyone.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

We have many other events to work on and need help in this area.
    Thanks
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.