main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chatt, TN Chattacon in January

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Southernjedi, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Chattacon will be January 17-19 at the Read House Hotel. According to their Web site, the sooner you register, the cheaper it is. Right now it's $40 for three days, less for a one-day pass. I'm not sure which I'll do yet, but I'll definitely be there.

Chattacon

2. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    I checked out the website. It looks like a cozy little Con. Have you ever been before?

I'll run it past the crew this Thursday and see if I can drum up some support to go.

3. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    I've never been to a convention. :(
    But I'm very much looking forward to this one. Distance has always been a problem for me (along with cost). I only recently heard about Chattacon; never knew we had a convention here. I also learned that Knoxville has an annual one, Adventure Con, that's talked about in the Knoxville forum. I'd like to go to that one as well. I think they have Warwick Davis signed up, and are trying to get Jeremy Bullock. That'd be really cool. :cool:

Edit: Wow. This is Chattanooga's 100th post. Keep it up, y'all!

4. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    I've e-mailed Chattacon to see if they have a day-by-day itinerary. I haven't found one on their Web site.

Also, I asked if we could promote the FanForce group at the event. Let's hope they say yes!

5. Bama_Trooper

Bama_Trooper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    *bump*

Can some of you locals give us a better feel for this event?

Thanks

6. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    Well, the Nashville FF thinks this is a goth/freak gathering. [face_plain]

But I'm going for a day, probably, so I can promote our FF effort. I'm not impressed with the group so far; I emailed them weeks ago and they haven't emailed back. And their web site isn't too impressive.

So that's the local feel at this point for the con. Sorry it's so negative. [face_plain]

7. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    actually im the one that posted that it appeared to be a goth/freak thing.i went through all the pictures and as they say"the freaks come out at night"lol. those pics are my only basis for that statement,its probably a fun event.

actually we (501st) have spoke to some other people about this con and if theres a good turnout of people expected a few of us may drive over to mess around in costume.
    do you think that vader,stormtroopers and some biker scouts would be welcome?because we can be there if we think we'll have fun.
    i dont want to come down to stand around a bunch of broke 20 year olds talking about buffy the vampire chick and pokemon cards.or worse yet a bunch of broke 40 year olds talking about the same stuff.LOL

anyway, be sure to keep posting on this as you find out more because some of us have thought about going to it.

8. Southernjedi

Jul 1, 2002
    UPDATE: I won't be attending Chattacon, cause I have to go see my fiancee in Cincinnati that weekend. I just checked my calendar and noticed it's the same weekend.

However, Obivolkenobi still plans to attend. I'll speak with him about trying to coordinate some kind of event.

9. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Hey all, I am from Knoxville but used to live in Chattanooga from 94 to 2000. I used to work for a local comic store and attended ChattaCon once. This was around the time when the Special Edition was released. (Don't remember if right before or right after.....)

But it didn't have much as far as Star Wars goes. Yes, there were a lot of goth people but it had all types of fans from Star Trek to Dungeons and Dragons. I am mostly into the action figure aspect of SW and there were some vendors with stuff but not as much as Adventure Con last year.

A one day pass might be worth it if you are doing nothing else that day but I would never do 3-day pass.

but be warned, my expirience was around 3 or 4 years ago.....pre-prequel time.....so since 1999 (Episode I) things might have changed.

10. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Chattacon is always a fun convention... the Read House is a cool hotel, and the con usually always has a great masquerade on Saturday night... plus all the panels and parties... there's something there for everyone...

I don't know the full schedule yet, but I do know they've invited me down and I'm currently scheduled on Sunday at noon for a two-hour block... I'll be showing fanfilms and parodies, including my own and a few other entries from the Official Star Wars FanFilm Awards... I know I'll be showing my films (Crazy Watto, Darth Vader's Psychic Hotline, and The Jedi Hunter), as well as Chris Hanel's feature The Formula, plus some other good stuff like Troops, Babylon Park, JarJar Binks: The E! True Hollywood Story, The Han Solo Affair, and the two P.A. Wars... I'll probably get Silent But Deadly and Christmas Tauntauns in there as well, plus Ted Bracewell's new How the Sith Stole Christmas... plus some assorted other weird bits of video... :D

Stuff like that... Should be fun... :)

Fenn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.